How Much Mesh Is In your Closet?

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.

How much mesh is in your closet?

Mesh is out? I don't own a single outfit - Female
7%
Mesh is out? I don't own a single outfit - Female
7%
Mesh is out? I don't own a single outfit - Male
11%
Mesh is out? I don't own a single outfit - Male
11%
I have hair or shoes - Female
5%
I have hair or shoes - Female
5%
I have hair or shoes - Male
No votes
I have hair or shoes - Male
No votes
I have clothing only - Female
2%
I have clothing only - Female
2%
I have clothing only - Male
No votes
I have clothing only - Male
No votes
I've got it all but I'm not pleased - Female
5%
I've got it all but I'm not pleased - Female
5%
I've got it all but I'm not pleased - Male
No votes
I've got it all but I'm not pleased - Male
No votes
I've got it all and I'm buying more and more - Female
18%
I've got it all and I'm buying more and more - Female
18%
I've got it all and I'm buying more and more - Male
2%
I've got it all and I'm buying more and more - Male
2%

Total votes: 44
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: How Much Mesh Is In your Closet?

Postby Victor. » Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 am

Pretty sure I got every possible mesh item suitable for Gor and then some. Because I like what content creators do with it - some fits flawlessly, other stuff drives me insane.

I think there should be an obligatory mantra for mesh builders that's something along the lines of "I gotta build INDIVIDUAL parts" - nothing that pisses me off more than say you got a shirt with a vest - and there's a SHADOW on that shirt from the vest on it. So I can't use the god damn shirt on its own, cause I'd have that freaking shade there. Fuck that. If you build mesh - pretty please with tons of sugar on top - don't build it rigidly. Make sure people can still match and mix - otherwise you'll have everyone run around with that new mesh item that's designed best at that current time.

And I feel we have to establish a new definition of "curvy" cause I've seen your beanstalk-avatars, Ladies. Curvy my ass! :roll:
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 am

All mesh for me, thank you. THe complaints of fitting things and related really only matter if you get it from a place that doesn't offer a variety of different sizes, etc.
Example being I now have a few suits from Horenbeek that came with a mind-bending number of sizes... and in each case I found one set that fit juuuuust perfect.

I'm at the point now where I'm looking into a mesh AV so that I can finally look right, instead of having one of our funny shaped AV skulls (Second Life avatar skulls are completely inaccurate to real ones, you see.) Just waiting til t-shirts and pants are more common in mesh for men.

Why am I such a huge fan? Armor. Mesh armour just straight up LOOKS better. When someone has a clunky piece by piece set, and I wear something that doesn't bend and cut into itself, the difference is just blatently obvious, I fear.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Looked into Horo(is that it?) avatars a while ago - pretty much the only human mesh avatars out there so far - and they look quite awesome actually. But so far, I am afraid clothes etc. just don't fit them - and that's what kept me from buying one, as it said exactly that in the reviews I think.

Kal Rau has some pretty decent leisure wear of mesh and there are more pants out there than I care to list. Should satisfy all your urban urges.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri May 11, 2012 3:06 pm

I have really not been happy with mesh and it might have to do with my avatar shape not being so uniform. I have yet to be able to fit into standard sizes without looking significantly smaller. I might try separates vs dresses though and see if that helps.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Mon May 14, 2012 10:29 am

None... as a slave player I see no reason to waste limited Linden$ since I seldome wear much clothing, and the few mesh hair pieces I've demoed look plastic.
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 am

Victor. wrote:And I feel we have to establish a new definition of "curvy" cause I've seen your beanstalk-avatars, Ladies. Curvy my ass! :roll:

Is that what you call raunzing? :o.O:

Return to “Viewers”