Viewer updating

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Viewer updating

Postby Darius of Turia » Sat May 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Is it me or has every viewer save for pheonix just stopped updating since feb?
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Re: Viewer updating

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 am

Dolphin updated yesterday, and I downloaded and am using it today and fairly pleased with it. It might become my new regular.
http://dolphinviewer.eregion.de/

I downloaded have been using Catznip since March, though it doesn't have quite all the bells and whistles like build in AO, it's by FAR the best FPS and stability.
http://catznip.com/

Nirans? LOL I think he updates every week, a coding machine! Still the best graphics and photos, but the interface is becoming more and more complicated and it can be a beast to run on full out settings. Worth it though for certain shots.
http://niranv-sl.blogspot.ca/

As far as I know, only Exodus is out of date and doesn't have the new direct delivery system. The rest all updated to accomodate it.

Looks like the last CoolVL update was May 1
http://sldev.free.fr/
Darius of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Sun May 06, 2012 12:39 am

then thats just the ones i use i guess lol, singularity, exodus, acent. exodus has been crashing like mad for me lately but ill try the others thanks
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
~pancake~

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun May 06, 2012 12:45 am

I love the Third Party Viewer Directory page because it indicates those viewer with out of date features and then lists them all by crash rate and stability. (some viewers I use are not listed if they aren't officially approved)

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_P ... _Directory

Each viewer has it's own pros and cons, just like everyone has different preference, and computers can be so different your performance might vary.

The last few months I was using Catznip for about 90% of my SL and giggling about finally having a stable well performing viewer, but I'm giving Dolphin a pretty hard test tonight and it's surprisingly good. On extreme settings at a club and not a blip. It also has a few features I forgot how much I missed from other viewers.

Still will switch to Niran's for photography though.

ETA - You can always try the official too.
Darius of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Sun May 06, 2012 1:31 am

let me know if you figure out how to make it so when i click on dolphin i can move my camera normally instead of this inverted movement
~pancake~

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun May 06, 2012 1:33 am

Inverted? :shock:
Darius of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Sun May 06, 2012 1:40 am

yeah on dolphin viewer, when you click your avi to move the cameria around instead of you being able to move your avi left and right normally and such, its inverted and has a limited movement
~pancake~

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 am

Weird...
I'm not having that at all.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I only started using it today and the camera seems the same as it normally is. Sorry.

Return to “Viewers”