Phoenix Broken?

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Re: Phoenix Broken?

Postby All Sunday » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Coolviewer is a nice option though it crashes with other viewers installed.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:07 pm

I didnt think to post sooner on this, but I discovered the problem with mine was to simply reset my cache to get rid of the funny colors on textures, and then to tinker with my advanced settings for graphics to get my fps levels back again in the 80's
Hockey Stick!
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Alecks wrote:Coolviewer is a nice option though it crashes with other viewers installed.

I don't think Cool Viewer has ever crashed on my computer and I have several other viewers installed.

I think there are so many different combinations of graphics drivers, viewers and server versions that SL just behaves differently for everyone.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Crack and Thump wrote:Ugh. I so don't want to use the Second Life viewer. I can't find anything on it and it just feels weird.

I'd suggest Exodus and Singularity. Both offer the same features as Phoenix/Firestorm and it wasn't that hard to get used to the interface. Definitely an improvement on the option of the SL Viewer.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm

I am starting to wonder maybe if some viewers work better on computers with different set ups, like some work better on computers with less processor strength and speed, smaller ram, and so forth.
Hockey Stick!
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Allison Millet wrote:I am starting to wonder maybe if some viewers work better on computers with different set ups, like some work better on computers with less processor strength and speed, smaller ram, and so forth.

I don't know if thats it. I've got a brand new quad core beast of a laptop with a nice graphics card and Firestorm is just a dog still. I've finally given up even if I did like the build tools.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 pm

I finally bit the bullet and tried the firestorm viewer with the phoenix skin.

With minimal learning curve... I was a late adopter of V2 viewers but this... this I can live with. So far no crashing over multiple teleports which is the usual reason I crash. I'm impressed. QUITE impressed.

And I can see mesh for the first time! Weeee!

There are a few things that take my getting used to (like where the hell are those inventory offers from subscribos that I get like 50 of daily???? Group notices I get, subscribo stuff not so much) But I can live with learning this.

I have my tabbed chat! Ok so its vertical and not horizontal but big whoop! I can have my maxed communication window and tab between chats and again be blissfully unaware of anything happening around me!
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009

Return to “Viewers”