Phoenix Broken?

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Phoenix Broken?

Postby Allison Millet » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Has anyone else had there phoenix's like well flip out and break within the last week or so? I logged off last night went to log back onto another character and when I did like textures were messed up sideways all they would rez was a mass of like colored pixel dots, and prims are super screwed up as well they wont rez correctly, either, Ive tried exodus, and firestorm and neither have these issues, so I dont think its my computer...its just phoenix that is screwed up even after uninstalls and reinstalls of it.
Hockey Stick!
Garrgon
SL Name: Garrgon
Owner: Zira keeps me in her pocket.

Re: Phoenix Broken?

Postby Garrgon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Interesting since my Exodus seems to have stopped working within the past few days. I freeze up, unable to sit, type, stand, anything. Everything still works around me and my chats will keep going, but I can't move or do anything until I relog. When I log out, the screen freaks out on me.
Nope. Nope. Nevermind.
Allison Millet

Postby Allison Millet » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Maybe its SL in general? Another panther on the sim I live on said she was having the same sorta issue with textures well looking like masses of colored dots or paint thrown on a wall as she put it.
Hockey Stick!
kalah
SL Name: elona Dayafter
Role: Kajira
Home Stone: wherever he is
Owner: Lucius Toxx

Postby kalah » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 pm

or perhaps, in addition to the usual weekend wonky, LL is following up their announcement about the 3rd party viewers with some additional connection protocols?

:ohgawd:
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
Allison Millet

Postby Allison Millet » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

kalah wrote:or perhaps, in addition to the usual weekend wonky, LL is following up their announcement about the 3rd party viewers with some additional connection protocols?

:ohgawd:

I didn't even know that, can you tell us more about it ?
Hockey Stick!
Charlotte
SL Name: Charlotte Milev

Postby Charlotte » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 am

My Firestorm (which you probably know, is a varient on Phoenix, produced by same people) had awesomely weird glitches about three days ago, memory error windows popping up and crashing the program to the point I did a complete clean uninstall/reinstall of the program.

I don't know what the problem is, but I've had friends also talking about Tp problems, inventory slow loads, purchase errors etc.

So no, your not alone.
Never underestimate the power of the angry mod even if you are a trained fighter. -Vyl
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 am

Was online for a good bit, yesterday. Lots of people were crashing all over the place. I crashed a few times myself (phoenix) but less often than some using different viewers.
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:27 am

I recently switched from Firestorm to Singularity because I was having a lot of issues but even with the switch, I am still having them.

Nothing is rezzing for me the way that it should and I am not rezzing well for other people which sucks in RP. I have had my computer checked and also my WiFi. Is there anything else that I could try?
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

@C&T I think its a crap viewer in terms of graphics LOL. I have a great computer and a better than average graphics card; but I can be in firestorm with nothing rezzing then switch to the main viewer and...it's a whole new world! If it wasn't for all their fancy bells and whistles I would never use firestorm. So it's not just you that is having these issues.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Ugh. I so don't want to use the Second Life viewer. I can't find anything on it and it just feels weird.

Return to “Viewers”