A lot has changed...

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Hawt Sommer

A lot has changed...

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, I logged into SL The other day after a long break~ seems to have been longer than I ever expected. Had meter, weapon and even viewer updates so I could see the new mesh stuff everyone was wearing.

I then looked up a couple of friends to still see if I was one of the better combatants... and I either am rusty or my computer can't handle combat anymore. It was a Jerky Wooden Tracked Roller-Coaster and it was a lot harder to fight than I remember.

I know how to drop my settings and tweak my viewer. But is the Grid laggy and everyone is used to it, or could it be my Rig? (Which is three/ four years old)
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Re: A lot has changed...

Postby ~pancake~ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:08 pm

I interupt this thread for an important service announcement.

Missed your Anon face my Hawtness.
:lips: :grind: :heart:

OK, now on to topic, it is very likely not you, or not just you.
The last few weeks/months have been bad for a lot of people, from lag to crashing to inventory issues.

There is a thread here about it, with a few tips that might help.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6447

The reasons and theories seems varied but tend to come back around to a) new viewers suck b) mesh is the problem c) open GL issues d) the Lab is the problem.

The quick and dirty (cause I know you like it like that) uninstall ALL your viewers totally, clean sweep. Having multiple versions of both V1 and V3 viewers has been linked to some of the problems. Then install Exodus.
http://exodusviewer.com/

It's really, and sadly, the only way I can enjoy SL right now. Not my viewer of choice, but it's better than swimming in jello blindfolded with rubber bands on my feet.

There is always a chance it's your computer or video card, but give that a try first.
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 pm

@Pancake

You sound as though you have tried swimming in jello blindfolded with rubber bands on your feet.

Just sayin. :hiding:
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:50 pm

:hrm:

Well technically... not all three at once.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Jello.

Kiddie Pool.

Bikinis.

FTW!

Return to “Viewers”