Can anyone actually see mesh?

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.

Do you use a viewer with mesh support as your primary viewer?

I use a viewer that supports mesh as my primary
22%
I use a viewer that supports mesh as my primary
22%
I don't normally use a viewer that supports mesh
28%
I don't normally use a viewer that supports mesh
28%

Total votes: 50
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Re: Can anyone actually see mesh?

Postby Ceri the Urt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:09 pm

wait..Cool Viewer? What is Cool Viewer? Anyone have an URL?
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:25 am

Cool viewer is ancient.

The original cool viewer was connected to rainbow viewer by Boy Laine (sic?) and I still used it up until a year ago. The thing was a dinosaur.

The new one (http://sldev.free.fr/) is pretty stable and gives you the ability to see mesh, as well as a crazy high FPS. You need to install snowglobe, which is in the wiki for SL viewers somewhere.

I spent about an hour on it earlier.

I didn't like the chat setup. I didn't really like the lack of quick graphics adjustment from the main bar, dual log has to be mended with that -multiple thing (why don't all viewer creators just do that from the start?) but the big pain in the ass for me was not being able to press esc to leave camming and move back on your avi. It has some good features...but...meh

Perhaps when mesh gets big I'll be more inclined to "put up" with the short comings. Right now Singularity has stuck with me over Exodus, Phoenix, Firestorm, Ascent, Cool, and Snowglobe. I tried viewer 2 in a pure form...but just...no. I can't do it.

I'm going to treat Cool VL as a space suit - when I want to go on explorations in mesh land I'll put on my big cumbersome shell and go romp about, only to flip back to my silk thong (Singularity) when I wanna do everything else.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:23 am

I have been a V2 advocate for about 4 months now so of course I have easily transitioned to the mesh viewers - that is when that nasty bug the lab is working on that kills my video driver doesn't rear its ugly head! I am strongly drawn to the visual elements of SL for my blog. So for me being able to see mesh objects was very, very important.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:30 am

Sem here really. I am amazed how pretty Skerry of Einar's buildings and bridges look. :shock:
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 pm

I have the newest Viewer 2 of Linden, but thats so laggy, I don't use it at all.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Firestorm viewer actually sucks less than I thought, honestly is a matter of habit.
The mesh... which I kinda like... is still not something I want to buy steady.
The clothes can't be modified so you have to resize to the dress... the hair is easier now. Alice Project released some nice long hairs and they move with my head splendid and hair sizes are suaully less bothersome.

Hair mesh turns with your body but it's like Ken's hair... there is no sense of movement. I hope such things apply well in the future. I've seen mesh used mostly in THE SIMS and honestly I don't recall flexi hair there.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I can't see Mesh. As soon as a nice viewer (which probably means, not a LL viewer) supports it, I will probably switch over to that.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:35 am

Seeing Mesh and loving the idea.

Struggling with Blender and ZBrush to be able to make it too.

Vivienne at some point, when i have seen all the darn tutorials four times each, when i have tried every imaginable solution and a few unimaginable, when i have tried all button combinations in that horrible Blender program and am ready to kill because i still did not get my problem solved, i will be crawling to your im begging for help. I am getting close to that point after 1 1/2 year on the Blender battle ground hah! I'll never give up - some day i WILL learn. :D
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Claude Belgar
SL Name: Claude Belgar
Role: Trader… sort of…
Home Stone: Twin Falls
Owner: None… I think.
Location: Looking down at the idiocy of Kaitlin and Sasi, among others

Postby Claude Belgar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 am

Manon Seid wrote:Seeing Mesh and loving the idea.

Struggling with Blender and ZBrush to be able to make it too.

Vivienne at some point, when i have seen all the darn tutorials four times each, when i have tried every imaginable solution and a few unimaginable, when i have tried all button combinations in that horrible Blender program and am ready to kill because i still did not get my problem solved, i will be crawling to your im begging for help. I am getting close to that point after 1 1/2 year on the Blender battle ground hah! I'll never give up - some day i WILL learn. :D

I have faith in you Manon, I know that you will be able to make meshs. Beside SL would likely have moved to V.10 then, making it easier to make them. :hiding:

As for the OP, I don't use a V3 viewer for now, as FS3 told me I have a DNS problem and can't connect with it. FS2 work fine, so go figure…
"when all the books show that Gorean seldom change of home stone."Sasi.

"I have never said that the books stated that Gorean seldom change of homestone."Sasi.

Sasi caught lying between her teeth.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:49 am

@ Claude: That will be around the time when i find the time to build your chimney too :P
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas

Return to “Viewers”