New Exodus "Combat Viewer"

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: New Exodus "Combat Viewer"

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Just wanted to show a feature of the Exodus viewer really quickly which does make organizing raids much easier.

Just add the name of the sim to the list in the raid-advisor and it will give you updates on the number of people on a specific sim all the time. No more need to sim-hop to see if a sim is empty or not. Just an immediate list of the amount of avatars on the sim.
Rayzor McAuley
SL Name: Rayzor McAuley
Role: old salt

Postby Rayzor McAuley » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Draco wrote:Just wanted to show a feature of the Exodus viewer really quickly which does make organizing raids much easier.

Just add the name of the sim to the list in the raid-advisor and it will give you updates on the number of people on a specific sim all the time. No more need to sim-hop to see if a sim is empty or not. Just an immediate list of the amount of avatars on the sim.

That's kinda cool I suppose, but it would also negate scouting RP. But, if you're gonna take shortcuts, it would make that tool more effective if it read the tags of the people on a particular sim. That way, sims could have a defender group so there would be no question as to how many for the sake of keeping with ratio rules.

The absence of proof is no proof of absence.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 am

My experience: I've been using Exodus for fighting with my combat group and gotta say, I see a big difference. I've got an old, cheap computer:

eMachines W3629
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
ACPI x86-based PC
Ram: 1.99 GB
32-bit OS
Windows Vista
Graphics: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

And the other night, we got hit hard, like 30 vs. 10, and the sim ground to a halt more than once. I started off on Firestorm, and couldn't hardly move, and when I could move I lag-ran into the walls, couldn't even hardly get out of our spawn, let alone fight.

I crashed, switched to Exodus, and immediately noticed a difference. The remainder of the fight I had an FPS of 1-3 (which is pretty great for my system in a big fight, sadly), and was able to run, jump, move, and fight just fine.

Only bad thing I could say about Exodus is it crashes randomly, at least 2-3 times an hour for me. But the trade off is worth it to me. Oh, also, I had just snagged the updated Exodus build. So better FPS, considerably less laggy for me, but random crashiness must be dealt with.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Used it for a good while now, and quite frankly - despite not really using it for combat - I am quite in love with it.

Great performance for me AND it has mesh, tattoo layers, etc. So really all I need.

BUT a couple of times I had some weird glitch where I'd suddenly have my avatar stagger forward and I couldn't zoom out any more and all those things...annoying as shit.

Only a re-install fixes it so far - but I'd like to know what the fuck this is about...
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Perse
SL Name: Perse

Postby Perse » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 pm

I tried this out today on the recommendation of a friend and I likey! Performance wise, this is the most effecient viewer, imo. I have a slow computer and sometimes, a slow connection, but not even the laggiest of SIMs slowed my avi down.

Rez time was immediate. The graphics even seem better! Brighter! Smoother. Oh my.

The only things I don't really like are:

The Firestorm interface, obviously. Especially the search feature. :thumbdown: But I think I can get used to it.

The weird radar/minimap combo. Like Imprudence, this is just too big and too clunky for me.

Besides that, :heart:
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 am

If we're talking things we don't like about it:

No Area Search - HUGE deal, hate not to have it.

Group functions don't seem to work - ejected people half a dozen times from groups just to see them back on there a week later - as it didn't register - never have that on Firestorm.

No Paragraph Clipping sadly.

No Script-Count in my pie chart (there might be another way though?)

No Derendering in my pie chart

--
Thinking that was about it.

A general V 2.0 concern - I just miss IMs a lot because new ones really aren't flashing up enough for me to notice them half of the time. :?

I guess there is some more stuff I missed - but not grave enough to keep it in mind so who cares. If they'd change some of those, I'd be really delighted.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 am

If they did this viewer but used V1.XXX rather than V2, I would be ALL OVER IT.

I think it has unique features and lots of benefits.

But because its viewer 2. No...way...in...hell.

I can't get used to it.

Some swaps are fine, like I'm getting used to the Gmail change, the facebook change, and the Office suite changes when they came out. You do something a little different, but its intuitive.

I'm sorry, but that bar on the side of the screen IS NOT INTUITIVE.

And what the hell is up with the mini maps? Huge sidebar just to see mini? Come on now.

V1>V2

If I have to COMPLETELY have to relearn the layout for SL, at this point, I'd just give up. I'd check in every now and again to cash out of my animation sales.
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:If they did this viewer but used V1.XXX rather than V2, I would be ALL OVER IT.

I think it has unique features and lots of benefits.

But because its viewer 2. No...way...in...hell.

I can't get used to it.

Some swaps are fine, like I'm getting used to the Gmail change, the facebook change, and the Office suite changes when they came out. You do something a little different, but its intuitive.

I'm sorry, but that bar on the side of the screen IS NOT INTUITIVE.

And what the hell is up with the mini maps? Huge sidebar just to see mini? Come on now.

V1>V2

If I have to COMPLETELY have to relearn the layout for SL, at this point, I'd just give up. I'd check in every now and again to cash out of my animation sales.

I honestly don't think V 2 is that bad - I've been on it since Firestorm was released. The mini-map you can choose on its own just like in V1 - if you go to World -> Minimap or press CTRL+SHIFT+M you get a regular Minimap?

And I guess I don't mind the whole side-bar thing too much - cause I am a sucker for hotkeys and access my tabs via them.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:29 am

I don't go to the menu above for mini-map.

If you always used the upper file menus, then that makes perfect sense.

But to me...it doesn't.

V2 is a clunky POS. It might run better, but getting to your inventory is convoluted, getting to your friends list/groups isn't as streamlined.

Packing everything together in one sidebar probably seemed like a great idea, but functionally...I cant get used to it.

It feels like a strait jacket.
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:19 am

Well - I sure hope they won't shut down v1 viewers any time soon then ;)

Return to “Viewers”