New Exodus "Combat Viewer"

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Glaucon

Re: New Exodus "Combat Viewer"

Postby Glaucon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 am

Same for me. It seems I am mentally blocked when it comes to using anything based on viewer 2.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 am

Mhmmmmmmmmmmm...

I predict abuse in SL Gor with some of the features they're trying to add to the next version of Exodus.

If I could understand it well they're trying to add:
- hotkeys for attaching items to your avatar, basically making you able to press "1" to pull out your sword, "2" for attaching your spear, "3" for pulling out your crossbow... No problem there
- Hotkeys for rezzing objects at specified or dynamic positions on the sim. Abuse example: "1" to rez Primus Arrow (copy) (which you picked up while it was floating around in lag) at the feet of <insert name>.

Issue right there... :problem:
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 am

Draco wrote:Mhmmmmmmmmmmm...

I predict abuse in SL Gor with some of the features they're trying to add to the next version of Exodus.

If I could understand it well they're trying to add:
- hotkeys for attaching items to your avatar, basically making you able to press "1" to pull out your sword, "2" for attaching your spear, "3" for pulling out your crossbow... No problem there
- Hotkeys for rezzing objects at specified or dynamic positions on the sim. Abuse example: "1" to rez Primus Arrow (copy) (which you picked up while it was floating around in lag) at the feet of <insert name>.

Issue right there... :problem:

Im sure there are safeguards against that particular example.. unless you know something else the examples ive seen you need tobe able to edit the description field and arrows are supposed tobe no modify so this virtually eleminates that as well... There are bigger cheats to worry about than this... Also i can do the same thing with a hud currently with a primus arrow
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Eh, I wouldn't get too upset or worried about the Exodus features.
It hasn't changed SL combat in any meaningful or noticable way.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.

Return to “Viewers”