Firestorm - Better than Phoenix

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Glaucon

Re: Firestorm - Better than Phoenix

Postby Glaucon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Hmmm, seems to me that some people (some of which accuse others of not reading) sometimes react rather badly to irony/teasing. At least, when it involves PARA. Strange to see how people always get so worked up about anything having to do with that. :ohgawd:

Anyways, as I already said, people should RP the way they want to. Kaitlin's example is fine, but... I and most of those I tend to RP with would be inclined to distribute those 2 posts over more than 2 posts. What you say about 1 on 1 RP makes perfect sense, of course. But para in general wasn't really my point, in so far as I had any.

Fact is that you can RP very well, even with the loss of this phoenix feature. Lots of people RP-ed very well before the feature existed. That doesn't mean that it is a good thing that this feature is removed. In fact, it is a pitty. As someone said, there are other reasons for wanting to paste longer chunks of stuff as well, besides para-RP. I just can't see it as an RP-killer.
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:05 am

Charlotte wrote:
If nothing else, the small things are what I like most about viewer 2 viewers. Such as layering tattoo's (great great great for makeup and scarring!) and sorting pre-organised outfits as links *SO much faster*

How do you layer tattoos?
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 am

You simply choose "ADD" instead of "WEAR" - it will attach the second and third and however many layers on top of the ones already attached.

If there is a limit to it, I haven't reached it yet but I think the most layers I used for an avatar were 7.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 am

Interesting. I thought tattoos were like clothing instead of attachments. Good tip... thanks.
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 am

Consuelo wrote:Interesting. I thought tattoos were like clothing instead of attachments. Good tip... thanks.

Well they are. And unless you are on a SL 2(!)based viewer, you won't be able to "ADD" clothing pieces or tattoo layers for that matter.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 am

Consuelo wrote:Interesting. I thought tattoos were like clothing instead of attachments. Good tip... thanks.

Yeah what Victor said. Basically "add" is now the function to stack layers whether they be clothing layers or prims.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Lana Woodrunner
SL Name: Lana Woodrunner
Role: Slave
Owner: Mbassa Al-Awazem

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:00 pm

I started to make the change over about a week ago, still reverting back to Phoenix out of habit and when wanting to just jump into RP, without having to fiddle some. I like Firestorm, but there are still a few things I'm not use to.

All this changed however when I updated my OS to Lion. There is NO way to get Phoenix to work on it. So I'm officially on Firestorm 100% of the time.

My question is: If I uninstall Phoenix from my computer, will it also delete the logs I've saved over time?
ChelseaLuce
SL Name: ChelseaLuce Resident
AkA: Chelsea

Postby ChelseaLuce » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

I've actually been wanting too switch too Firestorm viewer and been gradually trying too learn the bells and whistles slowly as it's quite different too V1. I'm going too try the tweaks too make it more like Phoenix but i am curious is there any way too get the IM's too work like they do in V1, cause the little boxes in the bottom corner are kinda annoying.
Lana Woodrunner

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks Kaitlin. Did it, and for the record in case anyone else was curious, uninstalling doesn't touch your logs.
Lana Woodrunner

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm

So I'm getting use to this... slowly. One of the things I haven't been able to figure out is why I can't seem to "Inspect" things? The option is there, just not available for me and its happening when I'm out and about spying a whole slew of amazing hair!

Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

Return to “Viewers”