Firestorm - Better than Phoenix

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Lana Woodrunner
SL Name: Lana Woodrunner
Role: Slave
Owner: Mbassa Al-Awazem

Re: Firestorm - Better than Phoenix

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:00 pm

I started to make the change over about a week ago, still reverting back to Phoenix out of habit and when wanting to just jump into RP, without having to fiddle some. I like Firestorm, but there are still a few things I'm not use to.

All this changed however when I updated my OS to Lion. There is NO way to get Phoenix to work on it. So I'm officially on Firestorm 100% of the time.

My question is: If I uninstall Phoenix from my computer, will it also delete the logs I've saved over time?
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Lana Woodrunner wrote:I started to make the change over about a week ago, still reverting back to Phoenix out of habit and when wanting to just jump into RP, without having to fiddle some. I like Firestorm, but there are still a few things I'm not use to.

All this changed however when I updated my OS to Lion. There is NO way to get Phoenix to work on it. So I'm officially on Firestorm 100% of the time.

My question is: If I uninstall Phoenix from my computer, will it also delete the logs I've saved over time?

I would suggest making a copy of your log folder before the delete then pointing firestorm to the new location for storing/continuing logs.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
ChelseaLuce
SL Name: ChelseaLuce Resident
AkA: Chelsea

Postby ChelseaLuce » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

I've actually been wanting too switch too Firestorm viewer and been gradually trying too learn the bells and whistles slowly as it's quite different too V1. I'm going too try the tweaks too make it more like Phoenix but i am curious is there any way too get the IM's too work like they do in V1, cause the little boxes in the bottom corner are kinda annoying.
Lana Woodrunner

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks Kaitlin. Did it, and for the record in case anyone else was curious, uninstalling doesn't touch your logs.
Lana Woodrunner

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm

So I'm getting use to this... slowly. One of the things I haven't been able to figure out is why I can't seem to "Inspect" things? The option is there, just not available for me and its happening when I'm out and about spying a whole slew of amazing hair!

Does anyone know what the deal is with this?
Willow
SL Name: Willow Jenipe

Postby Willow » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:33 am

This is probably a stupid question, but is Firestorm supposed to be able to show mesh items? And if so, why doesn't it? (I've just tried it out and it will not show mesh items).
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:48 am

Anyone knows how to show sim traffic with the SL2 engine? Or well with Firestorm in particular?
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:33 am

Victor. wrote:Anyone knows how to show sim traffic with the SL2 engine? Or well with Firestorm in particular?

Good question! I find that annoying too.

@Willow
The current version of firestorm is not compatible with mesh.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:53 pm

The chat interface I've tried going to the v1-ifying your firestorm tutorials... and I still cant view my group chat or IMs. I can see them coming in now over my "local chat" but I cant respond to shite. I'm probably being dense, but I dont want to constantly have to look in my lower right corner to see if I've got a new IM waiting for me or have it constantly flashing at me when I'm trying to chat.

I actually do like the rest of the interface. Just the chat interface is making me want to stab kittens.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:40 am

The latest Firestorm does show mesh. *pets my new thigh high boots, prrs*

And yeah, I like it just fine. 's still a buggy bitch every once in awhile like last night when it freaking refused to let me change my pants (showed an old pants layer instead of what I had put on, and what everyone else saw) despite numerous relogs, rebakes, going into appearance, and character tests, even clearing cache. >.<

So yeah, every once in awhile it's a bitch, but then Phoenix was like that for me too. The interface takes a bit of getting used to, and I'm not a fan of the "toasts" and turned them off, but once you get it customized, it's not bad at all. I actually prefer it to Phoenix now, and generally get a much better FPS with it.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “Viewers”