Firestorm - Better than Phoenix

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Firestorm - Better than Phoenix

Postby Vylixan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:09 am

I post nowadays everything in notepad. as I can then read the posts more clearer and then react on them without overlooking essential details. For normal regular chat it does not matter though for longer posts it does.

When a posts is cut off and the remains are lost, it just sucks and so does the absense of a spellingcheck or similar thing. I just stick with Phoenix till the end.
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 am

Meh, I wish it gave me the ability to type faster.
I try to edit my own spelling because I have not scene a spell-check function that keeps grammar correct. So I here watt all are saying about correct spelling.

(Typos intentional as they get past auto devices. :hiding: )
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Hmmm, seems to me that some people (some of which accuse others of not reading) sometimes react rather badly to irony/teasing. At least, when it involves PARA. Strange to see how people always get so worked up about anything having to do with that. :ohgawd:

Anyways, as I already said, people should RP the way they want to. Kaitlin's example is fine, but... I and most of those I tend to RP with would be inclined to distribute those 2 posts over more than 2 posts. What you say about 1 on 1 RP makes perfect sense, of course. But para in general wasn't really my point, in so far as I had any.

Fact is that you can RP very well, even with the loss of this phoenix feature. Lots of people RP-ed very well before the feature existed. That doesn't mean that it is a good thing that this feature is removed. In fact, it is a pitty. As someone said, there are other reasons for wanting to paste longer chunks of stuff as well, besides para-RP. I just can't see it as an RP-killer.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Glaucon Delphis wrote:Hmmm, seems to me that some people (some of which accuse others of not reading) sometimes react rather badly to irony/teasing. At least, when it involves PARA. Strange to see how people always get so worked up about anything having to do with that. :ohgawd:

I took yours comments for the mild ribbing that it seemed to be which is why I only gave Claude the :fryingpan:
I honestly vary in my style and its is certainly not always Para but when I get together with players who usually have a base in text gor the sky is the limit on post size. With the visual of SL there is much that no longer needs to be described but often I'm in my own head rather than taking in the scenery.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:05 am

Charlotte wrote:
If nothing else, the small things are what I like most about viewer 2 viewers. Such as layering tattoo's (great great great for makeup and scarring!) and sorting pre-organised outfits as links *SO much faster*

How do you layer tattoos?
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 am

You simply choose "ADD" instead of "WEAR" - it will attach the second and third and however many layers on top of the ones already attached.

If there is a limit to it, I haven't reached it yet but I think the most layers I used for an avatar were 7.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 am

Interesting. I thought tattoos were like clothing instead of attachments. Good tip... thanks.
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:24 am

Victor. wrote:You simply choose "ADD" instead of "WEAR" - it will attach the second and third and however many layers on top of the ones already attached.

If there is a limit to it, I haven't reached it yet but I think the most layers I used for an avatar were 7.

Ok so you just reminded me of one of the reasons I love this viewer. :heart:

Spell check please and I'm a happy woman. :beg:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 am

Consuelo wrote:Interesting. I thought tattoos were like clothing instead of attachments. Good tip... thanks.

Well they are. And unless you are on a SL 2(!)based viewer, you won't be able to "ADD" clothing pieces or tattoo layers for that matter.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 am

Consuelo wrote:Interesting. I thought tattoos were like clothing instead of attachments. Good tip... thanks.

Yeah what Victor said. Basically "add" is now the function to stack layers whether they be clothing layers or prims.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/

Return to “Viewers”