Singularity Viewer

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
The Ost
SL Name: Ost Clawtooth
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: unlucky bastard

Re: Singularity Viewer

Postby The Ost » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Its pretty good and i have taken some great pictures with it but it did make my computer overheat twice.

then again..this old lady is upwards of 7 years old sooooo.
The Ost abides.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Well Phoenix has really be a wild ride lately so I'll try anything. I finally did download the new beta of phoenix but some issues remain.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:30 pm

I have used it for the past couple days and I am giving it a serious THUMBS UP :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:05 pm

So... what is good about it? :)
Josef of Ar
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Postby Josef of Ar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:08 pm

I gave this viewer a try and it was fine for about an hour and then it started repeatedly crashing on me so I went back to Phoenix.
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Repeated crashes: not great.

But... why give it a try at all, if Phoenix is working (as it is, at the moment, for me)? Faster rezzing? Better FPS? Nicer images? Cooler features?
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Phoenix may be the best of the options but it gets crash happy as well. There is also the white cloud issue that is just plain annoying.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Josef of Ar
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Postby Josef of Ar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Glaucon Delphis wrote:Repeated crashes: not great.

But... why give it a try at all, if Phoenix is working (as it is, at the moment, for me)? Faster rezzing? Better FPS? Nicer images? Cooler features?

Curiosity mostly. The building interface in Singularity is really buggy too at least in the Mac release. It will let you stretch prims out as big as you want them with no constraint only to shrink them to 10x10x10 about 5 minutes later. The cursor also does not change from a pointer when trying to alt click or build.

The cool thing it did have was an RP mode in which it put everything that wasn't an emote into brackets.
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Lucius wrote:

Curiosity mostly. The building interface in Singularity is really buggy too at least in the Mac release. It will let you stretch prims out as big as you want them with no constraint only to shrink them to 10x10x10 about 5 minutes later. The cursor also does not change from a pointer when trying to alt click or build.

The cool thing it did have was an RP mode in which it put everything that wasn't an emote into brackets.

Ah, okay. So... no reason to try it, for now, then.

... especially as I don't want my viewer to decide what is in character and what isn't. Sometimes, I emote without /me, either because I am speaking and not adding 'descriptive' stuff or because I want to start the descriptive parts without reference to my own actions.
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Lucius wrote:

I would suggest that what you are seeing is updates from the server triggering updates in the client. The server may be intermittently checking that prims are within constraints and resizing them. It is unlikely that the client would just "change" the prim five minutes on from creation. That would require some kind of monitoring thread and a bloat code just to manage something that the server likely restricts anyway.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas

Return to “Viewers”