Singularity Viewer

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Re: Singularity Viewer

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:I was on Phoenix, which started acting bizarre for me a few weeks back, despite numerous cleared caches in game and manual, and re-installation: textures painfully slow to load, some not loading at all, crashing/freezing much more often, extremely slow teleports, etc. So I switched to Ascent for awhile, but then it started freezing/crashing, so I ended up on Singularity, and I like it a lot so far. Seems to be more stable and load textures faster for me, and has all the bells and whistles I have grown accustomed to.

Just be watchful of singularity you have to manually clear your cache regulary with it or it starts fubaring itself. I had it and it was doing good then it started getting super laggy and bad and dialing my fps down to like 1.5 at times and just really maxing my computer out with heavy strain and load, I got looking and it was running nearly 600,000k's when I opened up my processes page for my computer, cleared cache and it dialed right back down to 200,000k which is where most sl viewers seem to run.
Hockey Stick!
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Allison Millet wrote:I got looking and it was running nearly 600,000k's when I opened up my processes page for my computer, cleared cache and it dialed right back down to 200,000k which is where most sl viewers seem to run.

ewww sounds like a memory leak... I might check it out later, but emergence has been running fine and fast for me with all the features i need
Cup of asshole tea
SL Name: Vio
Caste: Blurple
Home Stone: Arrrrararar

Postby Cup of asshole tea » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 pm

1.5.6(1) - Plugging the Leak
posted Apr 9, 2011 3:24 PM by Siana Gearz [ updated Apr 9, 2011 3:37 PM ]

Following problems which were present in 1.5.6 were corrected:

A serious memory leak in image decode, raising the probability of crash
CCS nameplate updates would get stuck eventually

If your version reads 1.5.6(0) in the lower right corner of the login screen, upgrade immediately!
Korben Larkham wrote:I thought Meh was Mehrunes. Was all thinkin, 'Damn, Mehrunes went and drank a big ol' cup of asshole tea lately

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu May 12, 2011 2:31 pm

I have been emailing back and forth with the viewer developer, Siana Gearz, about the 1.5.6 version crashing on me and she has been awesome. She is extremely responsive and I feel very comfortable in using her viewer. Plus a friend of mine's hubby who used to develop viewer code in the past took a look at the build and gives it a thumbs up.

Apparently with her builds after 1.5.5 on systems with a 64bt OS and nvidia 200, 400, and 500 cards are experiencing a lot of crashing. But she has sent a beta to try and I am planning on downloading it tonight. In the meantime I rolled back to 1.5.5 and all is good.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Escapee
SL Name: elzbieta balfour
Caste: gone
Home Stone: gone
AkA: Hollie

Postby Escapee » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am

Question to singularity user:

With someone's recommendations I decided to give it a try. I've been using Phoenix, but lately I've had a lot of crashes for no apparent reason. Besides, I wanted to see mesh.

One teeny tiny problem. All prims are black. The whole world is black. And I can't find a draw distance setting.

Anyone out there who can help with that?
it was

Return to “Viewers”