Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Have an idea for a roleplay for multiple homes? Something you would like to see done? Looking for alliances, people to trade with, people to start wars with? Post your needs here!

Random death generator idea.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

Yes - Sounds like fun!
8%
Yes - Sounds like fun!
8%
No - Not interested thanks.
42%
No - Not interested thanks.
42%

Total votes: 36
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Re: Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Damn. Well yeah I was thinking that it would be fun to see the sim messages... well unless it was me of course. :P

It would TOTALLY be LOL worthy - of course if it wasn't me!
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Draco wrote:Does randomly getting killed by bored BCs count as a random accidental death?

I somehow feel like the thread was meant to go in that direction...

Bound to agree. I actually thought there's a dig behind it, but I wasn't smart enough to figure out at whom it's directed exactly!

And in case it was a serious request: I'd hate to be the guy Mr. John Spartan tests his buzz-baton (Show of hands: Who used that in a sexual RP scene already?) on, in passing. ;)

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcd5Xmb2pE

at 2:50 for reference! Couldn't find it in English, sadly.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Arella
SL Name: You

Postby Arella » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:...would just have to play out a 24 hour death just for fun.

That doesn't sound fun to me.

It would be fun to watch if we had the background, unimportant, disposable characters like movies and tv shows do. You always know who's going to die first. It's the guy that always stands in the back and doesn't talk much that gets blown up first.

But to be in the middle of typing out an emote then dying, not fun.

"/me smiles to the approaching woman. She recognizes her from the previous day. "Tal, Lady. You're looking chipper today. Was it a good meeting with the .. (A PIANO JUST FELL ON YOUR HEAD. YOU ARE DEAD.) .. auuughhhhh..."
Eve Cartier
SL Name: Eve Cartier
Caste: Merchant
Role: Stoic Reminder

Postby Eve Cartier » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Vorpal stairs?

Now I need to figure out how to make stairs an off hand weapon.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Draco wrote:Does randomly getting killed by bored BCs count as a random accidental death?

I somehow feel like the thread was meant to go in that direction...

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!

So as we see 100% of the people that voted on this thread are not cool with randomly dieing if it was a scripted thing.... but in previous polls I think around half are just fine with randomly being stabbed by a black caste.

Something to think about here.

There is no magic on how your death button is pushed. You could be picking flowers... buying some fish from a vendor at the docks and "BAM!" your character is dead (or the attempt was made). Just because it's you doesn't mean the precedent behind the contract was when you gave someone a dirty look.

But because of the support for this roleplay, some are fine (or pretending to be fine) with their random death... (unless it is them). ;)
Arella
SL Name: You

Postby Arella » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 pm

I'd have a problem with anyone, killer or not, that came up behind me and stabbed me with some insta-kill blade.

"/me smiles to the approaching woman. She recognizes her from the previous day. "Tal, Lady. You're looking chipper today. Was it a good meeting with the .. "

GM 4.1 shouts Killer Coldeyes just killed 2Cute2Die Resident!

Killer Coldeyes: killz u.

*removes meter* "...with the Ubar?"
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Well one would think a BC would have a plausible IC reason for a one hit kill. But I guess that is too much to ask for some folks. :hiding:
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Only instance I could see this being appropriate is for warriors going to battle. But even then I would think it more annoying than fun. As others mentioned we don’t play the quiet character in the corner only meant to be cannon fodder – we are all the leading characters.

I Like the random idea. But perhaps make it less severe than death? 0.5% of the population gets the flu…or…dar- kosis (gasp!) or sprains an ankle or… Well…something that the player could actually go on rp’ing with, instead of just killing them off mid scene.

Not sure. Usually I just rp these things spontaneously and i see many others do that too. I dont think we really need a scripted system to come up with accidents and dangers. Characters get sick or experience accidents – though I never met anyone playing out the dar-kosis yet. That one is pretty extreme so if I ever pick that up I planned killing off my character at some point anyway….hmmm…idea…

Anyway I would not protest against a system like that with non instant lethal accidents. Random death I don’t like. I still haven’t decided if I am pro perma death or not, but a random system like this would just be "you are being punished randomly for nothing - now go sit in a corner and watch the rest of us play for 24 hours". I dont see the point in that.

About the topic being related to black caste: I would not take perma death from a black caste unless I knew ooc one was after me. Now in the case i knew I would make the rp as bloody damn well epic as I could …making it worth the effort to actually go perma dead. If the black caste just went – flower picking - wham - death with no rp, I would not honor it. I don’t see my stance on the topic much different when it’s about the bc compared to the “random death” idea. My basic premise is still “I want as good rp as I can get”.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Is it realistic? Yes.
Is it funny? Also, yes.
Would I participate? Nope.

Same as if some random black caste ran up and stabbed me for no reason, I might run with being seriously wounded for a while and mentally scarred from the incident, but I'm just not willing to off my character unexpectedly over nothing. If I saw an end to her that made sense or seemed inexorable, like Cadence finally snapped and strangled her with his whip or something after she pushed him a little too far...then yeah. LOL But flowerpot falling on the head or bored black caste? Nope.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
alana
SL Name: alana quicksand

Postby alana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Sounds like a one trick pony.

But then I like stories. Can things happen that are out of the blue? They do in rp a lot of times. I would rather be surprised by some of the people that I RP with than some scripted randomness without rhyme or reason. And yes that could happen, so let it happen to some NPCs. Unless someone wants to volunteer to be that person disposed of. :o

Just seems like signing up in a place that has something a lot like griefing me me. :ohgawd:
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:

Return to “Roleplay Ideas”