Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Have an idea for a roleplay for multiple homes? Something you would like to see done? Looking for alliances, people to trade with, people to start wars with? Post your needs here!

Random death generator idea.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

Yes - Sounds like fun!
8%
Yes - Sounds like fun!
8%
No - Not interested thanks.
42%
No - Not interested thanks.
42%

Total votes: 36
Hawt Sommer

Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:28 am

How many of you would be willing to participate on a sim that has a scripted system that keeps track of your avatar and every day at least once would check a very small percentage (Say 1%) to inflict an accidental death on you.

You would get GM DAMAGE
You are hit for 40% by stairs
You have been killed by stairs

You would have to take the 24 hours death, then choose to deal with the death any way you wish after that. Perma-death, rewrite your story and be a new character or wake up the next day with a headache with people treating you a little different for some odd reason.

So, would you participate or not?
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Postby Victor. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:39 am

Bring it on. Along with the "Slave Belly > Slave Wine"-program for the ones so fertile, you need but look at them to make them huff and puff. A proven system with a pregnancy rate despite slave wine being used of a close 15% per cunnilingus.

Oh and the infamous EMOTION-Dice, six-faced ranging from "On top of the world" to "down in the dumps" - use it every time you log in to determine your character's mood! Comes with a RP guarantee!

Huge market for ENHANCED stair-cases too. Some people earn themselves golden noses with household articles that'd put the most notorious assassin to shame. 40% of deaths are domestically related accidents after all.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
ebediyet
SL Name: ebediyet Matthews
Role: slave

Postby ebediyet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 am

I think I missed the point of this. Was this a joke or a legitimate question? :fryingpan:

If it is a serious question then I would say that I wouldn't play that at all. I am fairly consistent with my character and developing moods for her relating to the current storyline. Unmotivated bad moods, or accidental deaths can be interesting but I think for the most part people just think it's "stupid". I'd be worried that people would think my character was dramatic or bipolar if she was having odd mood fluxes.
"Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart. "
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 am

Do I sense sarcasm in that Victor? ...

Really... Just a random death. No big deal.. so you fall down the stairs or.. drown, perhaps even program in a lighting strike or even the blue flame of death. That's a dramatic one! If that's the kind of death that is acceptable..

It's ok.. you can do whatever you want to do with the death. You could even just tell the sim admins "fuck you" and leave since you didn't curtail to their rules.

Would it be better if the percentage was smaller.. maybe .5 % ?

ebediyet » I'm not joking. This is a real idea and really curious if you would participate.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 pm

On the surface it sounds like fun BUT after thinking about it I decided I wouldn't partcipate. Why you might ask? Because with my luck regarding random things in SL it would come at a time that I was actually in a fun story line or scene with someone then BOOM I must die. :fryingpan:
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Damn. Well yeah I was thinking that it would be fun to see the sim messages... well unless it was me of course. :P
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

The problem lays in randomness. You are talking with a merchant and suddenly randomness makes the bucket full and you die. The impact is to big to have it done by randomness, though it might be fun.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, I've read a few scenes in the books and one minute someone is just talking and they get blue flamed or one minute they are sitting there and are beheaded by a large claw.

Norman liked random meaningless death, he was big on killing off 10-20 or more people at a time so I figured maybe 1-5 players per month on average would just have to play out a 24 hour death just for fun. The scripting is easy to do and think this would enhance the realism.
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Well, I've read a few scenes in the books and one minute someone is just talking and they get blue flamed or one minute they are sitting there and are beheaded by a large claw.

Norman liked random meaningless death, he was big on killing off 10-20 or more people at a time so I figured maybe 1-5 players per month on average would just have to play out a 24 hour death just for fun. The scripting is easy to do and think this would enhance the realism.

you forget that in Sl-Gor all player are mayor characters in the stories, not the disposable ones. Tarl also is not just blue flamed and poof gone. So yes I understand where you coming from , but it does not work on main characters.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Does randomly getting killed by bored BCs count as a random accidental death?

I somehow feel like the thread was meant to go in that direction...

Return to “Roleplay Ideas”