Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Have an idea for a roleplay for multiple homes? Something you would like to see done? Looking for alliances, people to trade with, people to start wars with? Post your needs here!

Random death generator idea.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

Yes - Sounds like fun!
8%
Yes - Sounds like fun!
8%
No - Not interested thanks.
42%
No - Not interested thanks.
42%

Total votes: 36
iJudas

Re: Roleplay Idea: Random Accidents Death

Postby iJudas » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I posted 'Yes'. I'd do it. But......

A random act of 'whatever' (that can kill) is no fun unless you've role played up to the point that 'whatever' could happen.

No point in getting a killer paper cut unless you're rp'ing a scenario where it might be plausible.

No point in having an accidental 'boating' accident if you're not going to roleplay hurtling through some rapids or a scene where you're turned over by some river beast.

But I'd play it for shits and giggles anyway; I like games of chance (I lost the last rp game of chance I played (and died)).

No biggy.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I'd love it if only to say "Great, guess I can call it a day now".

I doubt this can be placed next to random killing by bc's... I mean the bc who kills you would rp the kill (theoretically!) and thus give you a dramatic out of scene worthy of your name with Mozart's requiem on the background.

In the end though I doubt this would get much cover... reminds me when playing THE SIMS 2 my character got hit by a satellite... just like that... never happened before... was fun? Yes. Did I get to keep my character? Yeah but I had to play rock, scissors and rocks with the Undertaker.

It would be a nice tool to give psychians rp making the samage taken NONE LETAL... but I would dearly recommend keeping it really low % or it can become annoying.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I wish I could have locked this at 100% on the poll. Now that some people see the point I was making, And Now is the time to vote on the other side.

Sure... Random death is ok now. (Unless it's me) :lol:

In perspective, it makes no difference for MOST victims if you spent two days or a week.. .hunting and stalking in roleplay before someone snuck up on them and BAM! Fred is Dead. The Victim is then told: VALID. You then start thinking about what to do (Gee Thanks, that puts a bit of a monkey-wrench in my character's reality)

I used to die in the sims too.. that was awesome catching fire or dieing from a heart attack, getting hit by a bus. Because you can reset and start over and nobody would raise a brow after a game of patty-cake with the grim-reaper!
Hilda
SL Name: Account Closed

Postby Hilda » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Do not count me in!

I think it kills the story. Is like the lame ending of a bad movie: "and then they all died in an earthquake" or "it was all a dream". A well played death should be able to generate a lot of role play before and after it happens, than just randomly.

There is no talent in randomness.

There is though, talent in improvising. That I don't mind...to be thrown with ideas that will change my character's path and to make me juggle with the story, even if it will eventually end up in death.
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I see no sense in it to fall down a scripted stair and to have to stay out of rp for nothing for a day.
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 am

I'd be all up for it. IF:

people roleplayed gaining injuries during sparring,
dying during sparing,
dying during a raid (when your in the attacking force and win),

but very few do.

I don't get the 'fun' behind a 24h death. when I've faced a char dying I've been left for at least a week trying to figure out what to do next. Start a new av? Pretend I didn't die but was ina comma (can't do that).It's not fun, it is challenging which can be entertaining, but for a person who takes their RP seriously it's a kick in the teeth.. It's an end, and new beginnings for me take time. Back-stories don't magic out of thin air, no two alts are the same.

:fleeflee:

If I die (on my avie) then there should be IC consequences, if I come back..from the dead then what?

Gorean Vampires? :beg: (I want to be a Gorean Vampire now..)

Return to “Roleplay Ideas”