Knock Knock - Why is there nothing here?

This forum is for people who wish to start ongoing roleplays that are IC on the forums. It could be an actual rp scene, or perhaps letters sent between people that would be IC. Things that happen within this forum CAN be used in game as well.(Example being: Ceri posts a letter to someone here, and person reads letter and uses the information in game.) Posts that are not part of the ongoing rp will be removed.

Each topic should be the start of a new RP.

Forum RP

I would never participate in forum RP - I'm too shy or I feel I would be harshly judged
No votes
I would never participate in forum RP - I'm too shy or I feel I would be harshly judged
No votes
I would never participate in forum RP - It's not worth my time
3%
I would never participate in forum RP - It's not worth my time
3%
I would never participate in forum RP - Other Reasons
18%
I would never participate in forum RP - Other Reasons
18%
I would participate in Forum RP but who would I play with?
9%
I would participate in Forum RP but who would I play with?
9%
I'm completely open to Forum RP
21%
I'm completely open to Forum RP
21%

Total votes: 34
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Knock Knock - Why is there nothing here?

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:40 am

Ok I have to admit that one of the things that puzzles me about this forum and other SL Gorean forums is the complete lack of online RP! I've seen some amazing writers who can paint a world that leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat but this area stays empty. Is it simply that RP in SL is just that much fun that other avenues pale in comparison?

It would seem this would be a great way to breach the timezone issues that many complain about all the time and even provide a basis for stories to be picked up and continued in game but sadly it stays empty.

Are we only writers in SL now?
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Re: Knock Knock - Why is there nothing here?

Postby serene mistwood » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:50 am

I voted that I am completely open to IC Forum RP, however, in truth I DO prefer RP within SL Gor as my preference. I have only ever been asked once to participate in forum or IM RP, and I shifted the RP to a one-on-one inworld RP instead, as I prefer the visuals, tools and toys SL enables for immersion.
I do however often have quiet times at work and am not averse to indulging in more story-telling type RP's here if approached. :)
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Cor
SL Name: Trenzos Dyrssen
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scholar
Home Stone: Ar
Owner: Kaissa

Postby Cor » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 am

Because whenever someone starts a thread, it gets no responses. I'm not sure why that's so though. Perhaps a basic lack of interest in it when people on these forums usually get their RP fix from SL anyway.

I love doing role-play forum and used to be active in it on another realm.
“Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.”
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:20 am

In all other realms I would love it. Though in the gorean forums with the way people react and are sitting as vultures to kill someone off or bring it to other forum to criticize it ? No

So I prefer GOR Mail / SL / IM RP and for all other realms GOR Mail / SL / IM / and Fora RP
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:31 am

I would do it.

Probably wouldn't last long. I have a tendency to be the "Red Shirt" in a star trek episode.

:rip:
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 pm

The red shirts with the red skirts tended to look pretty, though. :)

Forum RP is not for me. I like some visual and spatial 'help' with my immersion. So, I much prefer 'being in world for my RP. I don't like RP in IM much either. Also, I would probably feel a bit self-conscious for it, with a gorums audience. It would feel like an exhibit, to me.

Sorry.
Adoveea Rau
SL Name: Adoveea Rau
Caste: Builder
AkA: Lady

Postby Adoveea Rau » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:34 pm

What Glaucon Delphis said, I love my visual displays and inputs in second life, to stare/use at while I type/write my roleplay. Plain text just doesn't do it for me since the day I walked into second life.
Reputation is what others know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:55 pm

I might give it a shot. Have a chance to show my creativity. :lol:
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Rhett
SL Name: Rhett Aelric

Postby Rhett » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 am

Time, mostly. My time is mainly spent in SL when I am focusing on RP. Also, I like looking at pixel tits in world.
He is but a poor philosopher who holds a view so narrow as to exclude forms not to his personal taste. - John Galsworthy

Return to “IC Roleplay Dedicated Forum”