(Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... and...

After I get caught and get super intense RP....

I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
20%
I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
20%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
5%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
5%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
10%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
10%
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
No votes
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
No votes
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
15%
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
15%

Total votes: 20
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:46 am

Manon Seid wrote:...
... I know Violetta worked her butt off trying to resurrect the btb panthers. A noble goal i should think. But not too sure it will succeeed because most gorean stellar super duper btb certified roleplayers like yourself has this preconcieved idea about panther roleplayers that you so beautifully demonstrated in this thread. Sigh its a lost case i believe. Panthers are banned and doomed in Gor as it is.

I still try on occasion. Mani is doing a fairly good attempt at building a btb panther band too. But for me its mostly panther - panther roleplay. Not going to any city/village sims unless dragged there. And besides i am banned in most anyway - because of the role i choose to play. Things might be clearing up though. The initiatives Mani is doing looks promising and if Violettas attempt will fly too then perhaps theres hope after all.[/color]

I would like to meet you and talk with you ingame really. I am online Euro times, usually 9am to 11pm, weekends Fri/Sat a bit longer.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 am

I'm not about to let anyone stand on a hilltop and then say they are the official group for __________ (fill in the blank).

I may want consistency and believably but I know you run into trouble when you start "certifying" someones roleplay. It's a cross into OOC and RP and it's elitist.

You don't need a BC Stabby license to be a BC
You don't need a GC Bandaid license to be a GC

There's no way I would approve someone needing to be part of a club to be panthers.

Being part of that club isn't going to change the behavior... it's still going to attract the majority of the element that is attracted to that role.

Oh... yes... panthers... I've caught more than my share. :woo:
Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 am

Hawt Sommer wrote:I'm not about to let anyone stand on a hilltop and then say they are the official group for __________ (fill in the blank).

I may want consistency and believably but I know you run into trouble when you start "certifying" someones roleplay. It's a cross into OOC and RP and it's elitist.

There's no way I would approve someone needing to be part of a club to be panthers.

Being part of that club isn't going to change the behavior... it's still going to attract the majority of the element that is attracted to that role.

And I do not need a "you may not come here because griefer panny X, Y and Z have shown shitty play/attitude/wins".

You do not know either about how my certification program works, it is a ruleset that comes with a myriad of guides for panther girl players, classes and what not, all derived from the books - and it is an offering to other BTB group types to demand membership as quality indicator.
Yes, some things are hard for the pew pew crew amongst the role, for the kewl sweet cute snuggle fraction.

Is it mandatory to be in there? No, not if other sims do not want to demand it. Also if a player knows how to play the role half way realistic, instead of a bow blazing cap whore, a poo smearing cutsie doll or else a family sissy that plays more like a FW than a northern forest outlaw, she will surely have no problem to be accepted as great player anyways, even without certification. But then being certified means usually no draw back or risk for her anyways.

I remember well the entire assassin griefing before some guys standardized assassin play, kurrii the same. I think that those guys did a great job to help the reputation of the BC, a great job to include the BC into the entire Gorean community given the drama risk they swim beneath. Has the hardcore training requirement overlived itself, maybe, I cannot tell, yet I am pretty sure that if they would not keep an eye on the BC community anymore, the quality would soon sink to netherhells again and sims would start banning assassins totally again.

But yes, telling "I had my share" in terms of most are bad is easily said. Stand up to your words and support those that try to help the cause, for the role in question, for the entire community and also for themselfes, yes. Just accusing, just badmouthing, just stating it is hopeless does not speak well for a person.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

I'm still very thorn about this officialization program.

I am glad when this groups aid... help... show a way to the lost lamb but not all need guidance... should be tested singularly because not only this can limit rp but also we must consider with all the good intentions we try to make RP smoother with this groups we ain't not deity able to discern properly right from wrong so if the group goes wrong massive collapse!
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Violetta wrote: I would like to meet you

I am Euro time too. Rarely online - but i'll log in as Manon tonight then - feel free to ping me or come find me, i am either at Isle of Sin or Terra de Luna.

Now if you'll escuse me i think i'll go raid Ar, or choke a horde of pew pew assassins in drama or perhaps go find Hawt and enslave him and make him worship my awsomesaws persona during a orgasmic moondance, just before i force him to take a 10 secs rp clickety click perma death... ...because i am the warrior princess... :roll:
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Violetta Daviau wrote:Stand up to your words and support those that try to help the cause, for the role in question, for the entire community and also for themselfes, yes. Just accusing, just badmouthing, just stating it is hopeless does not speak well for a person.

I support individuals; not groups or causes.

I find that individuals by themselves will come up with their own options of what is realistic and can play their roles authentically along with being creative. About 10% of the people out there match with my views and appeal to me- I will snub the rest. I will not push any agenda on anyone-

At a certain point rules are ignored: The speed limit is 40 mph: But on Tuesdays you may drive 45 mph and you are only going to create another divide in something with what you are doing.

Panthers are not a problem in Gor. They are having a good time with what they are doing; Btb has been leaving them alone.. .and They have been leaving us alone and I'm hoping you understand the reasoning why. You aren't going to change it.

Gor is a mans world.
"The Northern Forrest" or "Planet Thong" is a whole different World; different types of players with a different mindset and something OOC'ly different in Views I don't want to expand on such to avoid a folly of arrows to come down on my head.

So- leave them to their world...
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:I'm not about to let anyone stand on a hilltop and then say they are the official group for __________ (fill in the blank).

:yeahthat:

couldn't of put that any better myself.
Hockey Stick!
Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:...
Panthers are not a problem in Gor. They are having a good time with what they are doing; Btb has been leaving them alone.. .and They have been leaving us alone and I'm hoping you understand the reasoning why. You aren't going to change it.

And more wrong it could not be. Your words indicate that there is BTB, and that there is Panther girls, i.e. that Panther girls are not BTB.
You say that panther girls shall do any shit they like, I second that: in GE! There are players that want to play serious panther girls, people that suffer from the results of attributes as the one displayed. Why? Because as long as GE bands are welcomed by BTB sims, welcomed for a brief while to bring their disney, their pew pew, their FW-fake behaviour to add to traffic only or something, and then all panther girls get banned because some GE girls - incl. selfclaimed "BTB but in real GE" girls - drove their frontiers into a level that can rightfully be called griefing, the wrong ones get hit.
You think it is ok if everyone does what he/she wants, well then allow femlaws in total to your BTB homes. A huge part of the BTB community that voices their opinions on these forums are rather anti panther, up to a level of outright hate. Panther girls did not leave them alone, Panther girls - including the good players - got banned per role, BANNED! Why? Because the shitty, do what you want disney dolls did what they wanted, everything but serious roleplay.

And again: I do not force anyone into the certification. One can IM me, get the rules, decide to obey them and one gets certified, that is all. And sims can say they only want certified panther girl players because they trust on the quality of play gotten then, the authenticity. And if the panther girl wields her certificate and continues with her disney shit, the sim mods can escalate her griefing to me and other certifiers, and she is out, that is all.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Violetta Daviau wrote:Your words indicate that there is BTB, and that there is Panther girls, i.e. that Panther girls are not BTB.

You caught me.

And good luck with what you are doing.

I have a certain idea of what panthers "Should be" to be by the book, but it destroys the longevity of the character.

In the books they didn't have mountain fortresses.. .they had camps that moved... territory disputed between other tribes constantly. Once caught and conquered they became what they were supposed to be all along: Women.

Hard to pull that off when... (shuts up and shakes his head)
Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:...
I have a certain idea of what panthers "Should be" to be by the book, but it destroys the longevity of the character.

In the books they didn't have mountain fortresses.. .they had camps that moved... territory disputed between other tribes constantly. Once caught and conquered they became what they were supposed to be all along: Women.

Hard to pull that off when... (shuts up and shakes his head)

We share that idea, and I could even add more to that along your lines. I keep true to that and some others do too, and some already work to go that direction. There is a lot what can do IC to be authentic, what you told is just a tiny fraction of the entire picture. Campstyle, all such things are part of the certification program. Maybe the little picture I attached shows you something what you have in mind, it is my current camp.

It means a big change in play style for some, but hopefully a big step in acceptance by all others and themselfes. I will try to teach people, train people, maybe at times raise my tipfinger sternly. I do not think though that it will kill the longivity of the role at all, I think it will rather add many interesting aspects to the role, other ways of conflict, other options of roleplay, and far more actually.

What will not happen though is that every capture of a panther girl will convert her into a permanent slave. THAT will not happen before the entire rest of Gor acts like that, permanency cannot be demanded (although many do it free of will) by earthen players, and even less onesided. It is not a part of being BTB or such. The least men that were enslaved by panther girls came ever free for sure, Tarl freed one whom he considered to get lore from, else he would surely have left that shame striped man for the rows of some merchant ship.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Panthers”