(Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... and...

After I get caught and get super intense RP....

I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
20%
I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
20%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
5%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
5%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
10%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
10%
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
No votes
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
No votes
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
15%
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
15%

Total votes: 20
Hawt Sommer

(Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... and...

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 pm

So you play a panther based out of the books (BOOB)

Hah! I just made another Anacronymn!

You get captured... the Guy (or Gal) rocks your world with RP

Your next step is......
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:30 pm

well... i don't get caught... but if i did... i'd be sweet and polite and funny and charming and very entertaining and persuasive and i'd talk those men warriors into putting on funny green irish skirts and wigs and teach them to dance the jig. and while those big burly warrior men that captured me were dancing a jig, i would clap, clap, clap and grin like a field hand and dance and dance a sneaky sideways jig right out the door... exit stage left... feet do your stuff... make tracks! :clap: :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDDs6Is01A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDDs6Is01A
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Danika Stenvaag wrote:well... i don't get caught...

I'm getting the impression that you don't...
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Play along as long as its fun and then get out! Unless I get killed... :cry:
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I will be slave if he can break me (what they usually can if they are a tiny bit Gorean) and stay slave until I manage to flee.
With that I try to not run from empty camps/sims.

Sad thing is though that most men, as soon as they think the girl has become their slave, think she is either only a trophy to show off, not thrilling anymore so they go hunt another or want to go into an OOC relation, RL slavery, cam/phone sex, and I have to play myself basically how they hold me and disable me to flee...

And Danika: If I remember right you were captured just yesterday...
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Basically what Violetta said.

I roll with the capture, try to stay alive but i will run to the woods when i get the chance. If the rp is mind blowing good i will be running with a bleeding heart - but i got ooc bonds in the panther world that i can't just cut like that, and usually my captor has at least three other slaves and dont REALLY want to keep me forever after...so..yea...i go with the flow as best i can, but return to the woods eventually solving both my and my captors ooc dilemma. It can be months though and the capture storyline stays as part of my characters story. But at the moment i'm rarely online in Gor anyway so theres not much capturing going on, apart from a brief visit to Piedmont to meet with an old friend a few days back.

If the rp is boring chances are my captor feels the same and its usually dealt with in im nicely - the guy letting me get a chance to escape - problem fixed. I dont remember being in a rp that i found horrible where the captor insisted on me staying even if i did not feel like it ooc. If it did happen i would hope i could still find a way to escape ic.

Who knows if my character one day bump into someone who can even cut ooc bonds o.0 After 4+ years i doubt it, I have gotten too used to the panther mentality by now i guess. And...i dont really want to compete about the mens attention in the cities with the horde of slave players and free women. I am too old in sl to fancy ooc cat fights :P Then better stay in the woods with friends and roleplay cat fights for power - thats a lot more fun hah!
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Manon Seid wrote: I have gotten too used to the panther mentality by now i guess. And...i dont really want to compete about the mens attention in the cities with the horde of slave players and free women.

So could you expand on this?

What is the panther mentality exactly?
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 pm

For me, its a bit of all of the above and then some. I rarely am caught, it happens, but not very often. When it is and its shitty rp, well I lean and bend every fiber towards coming up with a plausible escape asap. Usually its not hard at all when its shitty rp as they just wanted some pew pew and to play catch and release and I find myself thrown back to the wilds pretty fast.

Now when its mind blowing rp, well that changes things a bit. There has been some individuals who were able to not only get me over the barrel literally :problem: but mentally as well and who I've played out my captures to for lengths of time, while I am compliant and certainly given in, in a lot of ways to there demands, I generally tend to still be searching for a way to free myself, but as long as the rp stays mind blowing and wonderful and I'm not dealing with any ooc grief or jealousy from free women or slaves not getting enough attention, then I pretty much don't tend to look all that hard for the escapes instead preferring to play the rp, emjoy it and let its run its course.

In the end, I may stay captured/enslaved for a length of time, but I'll always feel that draw back to the forest most of the time the reasons are ooc reasons that make me want to go back to rping panthering, and about the time any sort of jealousy grief pops up I'll find the first plausible escape possible if I can and make break for it back to the forest.

I mean I've got well literally 100's of dollars invested into this character to play as a panther, I have countless relationships with others in the woods and some responsibilities to my sim as well as an admin. Then they're is the years of story lines created that criss cross through many sims, players, and more that would be lost if I just stayed enslaved, not to mention the general long term draw I feel as well to the rping style of being a panther over anything else.

So in the end, yes I yearn to return to my forests, its my comfort zone really, and while I might take the long and scenic route back to them when the rp is mind blowing, I seem to always end back up at them, sometimes as manon said, with a character who's heart is bleeding.
Hockey Stick!
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 am

Hawt wrote:
----------------
Manon Seid wrote:
I have gotten too used to the panther mentality by now i guess. And...i dont really want to compete about the mens attention in the cities with the horde of slave players and free women.
------------------
So could you expand on this?

What is the panther mentality exactly?

Well...to me panther mentality is to be able to ic roam free and do what i want basically; within the woods at least. Not having to conform to the culture of the cities that dictates how a woman should act. Not having to listen to and obey authorities much. Not having to be honorable if i don’t feel like it :D But having the skill, knowledge, strength and determination to survive a harsh environment.

I probably fitted better to the slave role back when I started in SL Gor, i was timid and shy and non-violent and tried to make everybody happy...yea not a very scary panther. I still am not i think but i got used to make the decisions, command sisters and slaves, lead the rp and decide what i want to do. When i find my character enslaved and forced to comply its strangely thrilling. But i also feel irked when i can't lead. Hmm that sounds wrong - i don’t necessarily want to lead others, but i sure as hell want to lead my own character and even being told to do stuff ic irks me :)

It’s a strange blend of ooc and ic i guess. Me being irked is very much ooc (so is the thrill by the way) - the typists toes curls when her character is told to serve (eek) or is being caged (hell please no) or even just leashed and dragged around (gruuumble). But it also goes against my character as she has evolved to be by now. She was so different four years back - now she’s confident and arrogant and power sick and not really accepting authorities.

When i started in SL Gor years back i honestly thought i was cut for the slave role but that lasted exactly 2 days hah! I had no clue what Gor was about and i just found the guy who took me under his wing and enslaved me ...silly o.0. I am ashamed to say i was a very ungrateful and disloyal noob. A few days later i discovered concept panther. Did not join them right away since i thought i would need a lot of knowledge to play that role - i was scared of them. But i read notecards, books too and wandered as observer and through a friend’s guidance i ended up with the Balera panthers in Essex about a month later and roleplay started.

I did try a few times since to play a slave - last time in Clearchus, but...meeh, the competition is harsh and i adore you men, but not enough to fight for your attention. The rp among slaves was fun though and since men was absent the feel of the slave rp was not much different from me playing panther really, i did exactly what i felt like, perhaps just more in stealth mode than in the woods.

I also tried to play a free woman a few times. But i just bore myself to tears in that role. I am not completely sure why, but if i ever am going to play a free woman i will be going the total villain evil path. I can’t just sit and drink tea and do the intrigues and be all honorable.

Then I’d rather play a male toon, since that’s the closest i can get to the "panther mentality" in Gor without playing panther girl ;). My man toons tend to end up as total villains too though, I guess I have a problem in general with being honorable ic :D. My last attempt ended in death by sleen in Midgaard. So of all the roles i tried out - i always end up back on my panther girl. She is my gender so i feel closer to her than the man toons. And she is comfortable with being leader of her own life in her own environment. And theres less chance of being impaled in the woods when being dishonorable i guess.

Sometimes i am amazed at what she gets away with when she is enslaved - she should have been killed a few times for sure. Like the time she threatened herself out of a capture by holding a sharp object to a free woman’s throat. Then bringing her with her to the woods to ensure her retreat was secured. The woman got shot in the process too by the way (by me...) - i am still not completely sure if she survived all that or if my character is a killer o.0

Now i blabber...sorry - don’t ever ask me to elaborate on something. :P
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Manon Seid wrote:Sometimes i am amazed at what she gets away with when she is enslaved - she should have been killed a few times for sure. Like the time she threatened herself out of a capture by holding a sharp object to a free woman’s throat.

I'm going to probably make enemies from some of the things I'm about to say... but that doesn't matter in the least; this poll just proved something..

I have probably caught... I don't know 53,431 panthers in my time and I've noticed a trend with the majority of them. And that is- there is no way for the majority of them to play the traditional panther who was captured mind body and soul. I see two people in this poll who did and kudos to them- As I see it , that's how the story is supposed to end.

But I've seen first hand with most panthers still: a lack of attention span, shit-starting and ass-hat-ery just to have their fun at the expense of everyone around them.

Why?

Answer: Attention Whores

And with that in mind on average, what you will get when you do manage to capture them IC'ly is a waste of your time a good portion of the time... perhaps 30 minutes of some RP before the A.D.D. Girl needs to go (let her escape)

Don't get me wrong.. they are nice to play with for a little diversion.. but that's all they seem to have become in Gor. Never to be taken seriously... never to make an investment in because their character "cant" ever change, chiseled in stone and is unbending: Forever the warrior princess

I would say the main reason is that is you want it your way and do like the "Short-Term" dynamic. Right?

In my opinion there only a small percentage of the panther player population that is going to play it the way it should be played. And with that- There will never be a By the Book Panther band.

Return to “Panthers”