(Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... and...

After I get caught and get super intense RP....

I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
4
20%
I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
4
20%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
1
5%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
1
5%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
2
10%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
2
10%
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
0
No votes
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
0
No votes
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
3
15%
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
3
15%
 
Total votes: 20
User avatar
All Sunday
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 pm
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby All Sunday » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm

One most take into account that people spending time to interact with others and posting lines of RP wants attention.

I want attention! Of course I do!

Now the problem with longer term capture RP are so many and not necessarily the fault of captured or captor... time zones... rp matching... needs... and so on.

That is why mostly this cap long term rp's are pre established at least a bit. I can't blame this people 'cause getting capped and becoming someone's slave means you are both taking on a job.

The panther to turn her character around... after all if I wanted to be a slave I'd be playing one so it's not so odd that the panther will eventually want to go back to the wild but certainly every experience is worthwhile so the cap becomes a story to talk about around the fire place with the tribe. :popcorn:

Compromising your character can be so hard... be it capture... rape or death! I've had my biting nails moment when I was stuck in a situation I was OOC against and only the "pride" of wanting to be a proper BTB player made me keep quite.


Most of my captures were done by a guy testing his bow skills... I didn't give much of a challenge but I can be quite the entertainer when capped with some good laughter.
User avatar
Manon Seid
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:48 pm

HAH! i took the bait - wrote a looong post...and had it eaten somehow. Pft - not worth the efford anyway. So heres the short version:

If you think i am an awful roleplayer without ever having met me ..then be my guest Hawt. It's ok i won't hate you - you are just one in a looong line of supposedly perfect gorean roleplayers who do just that :D

I will actually gladly admit i am an attention whore. I am in sl Gor to roleplay - to catch the attention of my fellow roleplayers to exchange ideas and emotions and hopefully create something a bit magical together. Yep...thats what i want with my roleplay.

As for all the venom - go on hate me, judge me - you are welcome. I dont care. I more or less left gor anyway. Theres no fun in trying to rp with people who hate my guts before i even got to type out my first post. Shrugs.

Its a game. We all modify it to make it fit what we find fun. I follow storylines exactly as long as i can until i hit the point where i am about to hurt someones ooc emotions. Exactly then i bail out - perferably within my options in roleplay. OOC emotions of my friends and my captors friends overrule a freekin game any day. Shoot me.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Hawt Sommer

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Did I say anyone was a bad roleplayer? Let me clarify- this isn't a shot at but one thing: The role of the panther in SL-Gor.

It's one of those roles that was extracted from the stories in the books- But in order to give the role longevity it's been forced into evolution and modification. You have had to twist it into something so that it fits your roleplay need. Which you sort of admitted you had to, and then said: So what?

Panthers (GE) feed off of the roleplay original RP environment I belive it was orginally established in SL years ago back when nobody really cared and spit out one liners. Since then I think the mentality has grown apart. Normans vision traditional D/s D= Male s=Female. When I look at the references that are pulled up about how strong panthers are... you get Verna and always a referance to Verna... the one woman in all of Gor who didn't fall to her knees.

This is much like using Tarl Cabbot- the superman of gor as anything reasonably quoteable - Tarl Cabbot Survived a Tarn Death! Why Can't I?


The Base Philosophy:
I am not sure why they hold this great hatred for other members of their sex. I suspect it may be because, in their hearts, they hate themselves, and their femaleness. Perhaps they wish to be men; I do not know. It seems they fear, terribly, to be females, and perhaps fear most that they, by the hands of a strong man, will be taught their womanhood. It is said that panther girls, conquered, make incredible slaves. I do not much understand these things.
- Hunters of Gor


The New Philosophy:
Panther girls, conquered, will only be captured for a short time. They will shit in your bosk stew, stab a freewoman in the eye and raid the candy store on her way out of town the next day.
- Carpetmunchers of Gor


Now when those two worlds meet the result is disappointment for anyone who has read the the stories and put panthers into their context, for the people who don't look at the context it can be some good old fashion: Shootem Dragem Pokem fun. But that gets old... I would suspect however that playing a panther without male contact might be interesting; probably one last place I haven't explored in SL-Gor, but I have my reservations on that.
User avatar
Manon Seid
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Hawt wrote: Did I say anyone was a bad roleplayer?


Reading your post again. You quoted me - then went on to say panther roleplayers are...bla bla bla attention whores, ADD and so on...i copied a slightly shortened version of your words to my signature - read again if you forgot.

So yea..i am going to assume thats exactly what you said about me even if i dont believe we ever met in sl gor. Shrugs - i am used to the prejudice by now Hawt.

And since i am here for my fun at the expence of all others i am going to be too lazy to pull out all the arguments again - i'll just leave you the latests thread we discussed this in. And you can read for yourself.

http://www.goreanforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=6374

And just for the record Verna DID kneel. And i actually do agree with you - meeting panthers playing by your second mentality is a big dissapointment. But thats useless to state since noone will ever notice i said that anyway...because i am the warrior princess...
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Hawt Sommer

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Manon Seid wrote:And just for the record Verna DID kneel. And i actually do agree with you - meeting panthers playing by your second mentality is a big disappointment. But thats useless to state since noone will ever notice i said that anyway...because i am the warrior princess...


Ohh. I missed that part. When did she kneel? Need that for my next Anti-Panther argument. :lol:

Now really... On a serious note. :|

I took a peak at the 40 page thread and obviously people can't agree on anything when it comes to panthers, this only came to my mind because I saw the recruiting thread for the "BTB Approved" panther band thing and thought to myself, this isn't any different the the GCOG, BCOG or any other group that wan't to make themselves "Certified".

I will say all along- You are only certified if there are people that buy into your version of Gor. Usually that is based on how good of time you have, more than it does accuracy these days. :thumbup:

It's all good, just have fun like you said. I was just saying.
Jani
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 am
SL Name: Janine Whetmore
Owner: of myself hopefully

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Jani » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:
Manon Seid wrote:Sometimes i am amazed at what she gets away with when she is enslaved - she should have been killed a few times for sure. Like the time she threatened herself out of a capture by holding a sharp object to a free woman’s throat.


I'm going to probably make enemies from some of the things I'm about to say... but that doesn't matter in the least; this poll just proved something..

I have probably caught... I don't know 53,431 panthers in my time and I've noticed a trend with the majority of them. And that is- there is no way for the majority of them to play the traditional panther who was captured mind body and soul. I see two people in this poll who did and kudos to them- As I see it , that's how the story is supposed to end.

But I've seen first hand with most panthers still: a lack of attention span, shit-starting and ass-hat-ery just to have their fun at the expense of everyone around them.

Why?

Answer: Attention Whores

And with that in mind on average, what you will get when you do manage to capture them IC'ly is a waste of your time a good portion of the time... perhaps 30 minutes of some RP before the A.D.D. Girl needs to go (let her escape)

Don't get me wrong.. they are nice to play with for a little diversion.. but that's all they seem to have become in Gor. Never to be taken seriously... never to make an investment in because their character "cant" ever change, chiseled in stone and is unbending: Forever the warrior princess

I would say the main reason is that is you want it your way and do like the "Short-Term" dynamic. Right?

In my opinion there only a small percentage of the panther player population that is going to play it the way it should be played. And with that- There will never be a By the Book Panther band.


If it's your belief that there will never be a By the Book Panther band, then why waste your time to make a post and poll about them? Seems to me you're pretty biased and have made up your mind and only bring the topic up to make yourself appear to be somehow more important.

Of the 53,431 panthers you claim to have captured none of them seems to be here on the board to respond to the epic roleplay they most assuredly had to have experienced by you to hang around for the days/weeks/months, whatever time frame the storyline lasted for.

Maybe it wasn't the 53,431 panthers who were lacking in roleplay abilities. Maybe it was the other one in the equation that made them look for the first way out.
Violetta Daviau
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Violetta Daviau » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:...
Don't get me wrong.. they are nice to play with for a little diversion.. but that's all they seem to have become in Gor. Never to be taken seriously... never to make an investment in because their character "cant" ever change, chiseled in stone and is unbending: Forever the warrior princess

I would say the main reason is that is you want it your way and do like the "Short-Term" dynamic. Right?

In my opinion there only a small percentage of the panther player population that is going to play it the way it should be played. And with that- There will never be a By the Book Panther band.


Just for completeness, as you manage to state such about panther girls (and are true by the way sadly, yet nevertheless)...

The above counts for all roles. You have even slaves that would not change their unbending, chiseled in stone char. Easiest example, you steal them, they do not acknowledge you as owner no matter what. Warriors, the same: A gorean knows that they basically are slaves when captured. The most warriors must be not goreans then as they insist IC and OOC to not and never be slaves.


Hawt Sommer wrote:...
I took a peak at the 40 page thread and obviously people can't agree on anything when it comes to panthers, this only came to my mind because I saw the recruiting thread for the "BTB Approved" panther band thing and thought to myself, this isn't any different the the GCOG, BCOG or any other group that wan't to make themselves "Certified".


Thank you for your confidence. The certification came exactly from the voice heavy part of the BTB Gorean community. Panthering in BTB is about dead, so I worked, basically for months, to give it a try now, a try to get panther girls accepted again as the quality would raise. You as well talk about lacking quality, so I would frankly expect that you would support me more in this.

It is people of BTB that accept any panther shit in the beginning, maybe for traffic, maybe because considering them as BTB by default definition, no idea, but at some point they see that the RP of many players suck and they badmouth the entire role representation, ban them all, including the really great ones out of ignorance, carelessness and neglect. The good players leave, the role dies out or leaves low stocks anymore and that of questionable RP quality and Gor affinity.

Assassins hat that fate, Kurrii had that fate, now Panther girls... I wonder what role will be next, propably one that is also combat related, has drama potential due to conflict or ungorean behaviour. Lets see which of those are out there yet...
User avatar
Manon Seid
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:23 pm

You did not notice Violetta? The next ones are the unowned slaves and unescorted free woman. They get banned from sims now - or have the choice to sit in a cage at the sim entrance until someone on sim find time to go engage them...i bet that can take a while...hours?...days?

And Hawt - about Verna...i am again too lazy to go find a proper quote so you going to have to live with my shady recollection from when i read the book. Verna knelt to Marlenus when he had captured her. She was proud and arrogant and stated she was outlaw equal to men and not a weak woman. To which Marlenus replied "hamstring the outlaw". Verna than changed her mind...begged to be seen as "just" a woman - and that way saving her tendons and loosing her freedom. She knelt to Marlenus and were his slave for a while. Until he chose to set her free. I dont remember which book - i have no clue what the quotes will look like - but thats what i remember. Correct me if i am wrong. Verna was no Xena at all. She was though the only one to turn down the man she loved in the end, choosing the woods over the ubarat of Ar - the rest of her band submitted.

And for the serious part - why the heck did you not state what your intent was with this thread instead of just flinging insults left and right?? *facepalms* In that case you would have learned that i basically agree with you. I know Violetta worked her butt off trying to resurrect the btb panthers. A noble goal i should think. But not too sure it will succeeed because most gorean stellar super duper btb certified roleplayers like yourself has this preconcieved idea about panther roleplayers that you so beautifully demonstrated in this thread. Sigh its a lost case i believe. Panthers are banned and doomed in Gor as it is.

I still try on occasion. Mani is doing a fairly good attempt at building a btb panther band too. But for me its mostly panther - panther roleplay. Not going to any city/village sims unless dragged there. And besides i am banned in most anyway - because of the role i choose to play. Things might be clearing up though. The initiatives Mani is doing looks promising and if Violettas attempt will fly too then perhaps theres hope after all.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
User avatar
Allison Millet
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:59 pm
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Allison Millet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Maybe its just me, but I go all around and don't have issue's trying to get people to role play with me whether as a panther in the woods or in disguise in a city or what not. Maybe its because I'm more or less running on my own. But now, I get role play when I want it, if I don't I sit in my home sim more or less adding to traffic for the sim owner and am on and around to mod should a need arise while I do other things. Otherwise if I want rp, I wander out and find some.
Hockey Stick!
Violetta Daviau
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 am

Allison Millet wrote:Maybe its just me, but I go all around and don't have issue's trying to get people to role play with me whether as a panther in the woods or in disguise in a city or what not. Maybe its because I'm more or less running on my own. But now, I get role play when I want it, if I don't I sit in my home sim more or less adding to traffic for the sim owner and am on and around to mod should a need arise while I do other things. Otherwise if I want rp, I wander out and find some.


It is the same for me. If I bring RP to someone else, I get RP too. And if I am slave or FW even more.
I have honestly left or declined invitations to bands because their members always only went off to cities or villages to play thief there, disguised as FW, only to come back for a black wine at the camp fire. As if panther girl RP could only consist of causing mischief or conflict in a city and chatting low prio at the camp fire or with citizens. Panther girls that actually play panther girl things in panther girl dwellings are so rare, most even do not play moondances anymore.


Just out of interest though, I really need that part for my guides:

Can you give me the quotes about panther girls disguising and going into cities, the places they originally fled from, and especially cities other than the Northern Forest adjactend ones, e.g. the ones at the Vosk or further south, Ar, Turia?

Return to “Panthers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest