~pancake~ wrote:Ok so I haven't fully formulated this idea or post, I guess I'm looking for input from someone who can say it better than I can. I've encountered some from time to time that think it's 100% implausible for panther girls, especially entire bands, to be allied with men whether that be outlaws or warriors or something else.
I think this idea might have come about to resolve issues in SL Gor, not from the books. It would be tiring and frustrating if every raid magically had joint outlaw, warrior and panther attackers, if one group were constantly rescuing or aiding the others, so I understand where the "rule" comes from, but is it too stiffling?
Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters
What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?
Is it possible to have ongoing and diverse role play and events between a city, or warriors/men and a band of panther girls...Yes simple because I have done it. Mind you, in addition to the story and deals there tends to be a bit of combat or ruffling of feathers because well sometimes you need that outlet. To me it is a matter of setting some rough guidelines, typically on OOC level, to help maintain the integrity of the IC action, just like how I think most wars between cities should have rough OOC guide lines to minimize the bullshit. Hash out the OOC guidelines/ideas, and then you can also incorporate those things into IC role play in a win-win scenario (for player at least).
Perhaps I am a bit different than the average SL Gor warrior in my approaches but here is a quick and dirty list of past interactions with individual panther girls or their bands:
- Numerous times been victim of the cap and torture type bands. Main reason I never bothered hunting panther girls (besides the old manther thing) is that kind of RP is not something I enjoy on a regular basis.
- Guard in slaver compound did a lot of trades and acquisition deals with panther bands for lost souls they came upon. Was a lot of back n forth trade stuff, making deals to acquire certain type of slave.
- In city guard or officer I made other less known arrangements with local panther bands to acquire certain information from other cities, map out territory, learn names and habits of officials. Then was always the trading their members back to them or to get my men out of their camp when they all got frisky for a little hunt and screw.
- More recently, due to Ven being more retired and hunting deep in the woods interactions tend to be trade based, or passing in the forests. Though he has been chained in camp a few times, and also returned the favour but most was ongoing story driven or chance encounters of whatever happens.
- Hired panther band or individual girls to bait, spy, steal or distract an enemy, or lure specific targets out to the advantage of my side. But will not fight along side them.
Thing is with Ven, he is not out to hunt and collar panther girls (unless certain ones draw his attention too much) he has other purposes in life. He is not aggressive towards the forest girls because well they are just women and outlaws they are not a real threat to a man like him. Yes, most panther girls out there can kick my ass in a fight but that is the perk about playing a character I can still play up that arrogance despite knowing OOC my ass is grass.
Think that is one of the hardest things to get across at times, that not every man wandering in the forest of panther girl territory is looking for collar bait. Will Ven savour the curves and charms of a woman in the wilds, of course he is a man but not usually the primary intent.