Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

How do you feel about arrangements between panther girls and men?

Love the idea. Would like more cooperative RP and less combat RP between the groups.
9%
Love the idea. Would like more cooperative RP and less combat RP between the groups.
9%
It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high.
23%
It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high.
23%
It could only work if it was one panther girl and one outlaw/hunter, cooperation of bands and groups no.
9%
It could only work if it was one panther girl and one outlaw/hunter, cooperation of bands and groups no.
9%
It might be in the books but doesn't work well in SL ever.
7%
It might be in the books but doesn't work well in SL ever.
7%
Other
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby Sempati » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

~pancake~ wrote:Ok so I haven't fully formulated this idea or post, I guess I'm looking for input from someone who can say it better than I can. I've encountered some from time to time that think it's 100% implausible for panther girls, especially entire bands, to be allied with men whether that be outlaws or warriors or something else.

I think this idea might have come about to resolve issues in SL Gor, not from the books. It would be tiring and frustrating if every raid magically had joint outlaw, warrior and panther attackers, if one group were constantly rescuing or aiding the others, so I understand where the "rule" comes from, but is it too stiffling?

Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?

Is it possible to have ongoing and diverse role play and events between a city, or warriors/men and a band of panther girls...Yes simple because I have done it. Mind you, in addition to the story and deals there tends to be a bit of combat or ruffling of feathers because well sometimes you need that outlet. To me it is a matter of setting some rough guidelines, typically on OOC level, to help maintain the integrity of the IC action, just like how I think most wars between cities should have rough OOC guide lines to minimize the bullshit. Hash out the OOC guidelines/ideas, and then you can also incorporate those things into IC role play in a win-win scenario (for player at least).

Perhaps I am a bit different than the average SL Gor warrior in my approaches but here is a quick and dirty list of past interactions with individual panther girls or their bands:
- Numerous times been victim of the cap and torture type bands. Main reason I never bothered hunting panther girls (besides the old manther thing) is that kind of RP is not something I enjoy on a regular basis.
- Guard in slaver compound did a lot of trades and acquisition deals with panther bands for lost souls they came upon. Was a lot of back n forth trade stuff, making deals to acquire certain type of slave.
- In city guard or officer I made other less known arrangements with local panther bands to acquire certain information from other cities, map out territory, learn names and habits of officials. Then was always the trading their members back to them or to get my men out of their camp when they all got frisky for a little hunt and screw.
- More recently, due to Ven being more retired and hunting deep in the woods interactions tend to be trade based, or passing in the forests. Though he has been chained in camp a few times, and also returned the favour but most was ongoing story driven or chance encounters of whatever happens.
- Hired panther band or individual girls to bait, spy, steal or distract an enemy, or lure specific targets out to the advantage of my side. But will not fight along side them.

Thing is with Ven, he is not out to hunt and collar panther girls (unless certain ones draw his attention too much) he has other purposes in life. He is not aggressive towards the forest girls because well they are just women and outlaws they are not a real threat to a man like him. Yes, most panther girls out there can kick my ass in a fight but that is the perk about playing a character I can still play up that arrogance despite knowing OOC my ass is grass.
Think that is one of the hardest things to get across at times, that not every man wandering in the forest of panther girl territory is looking for collar bait. Will Ven savour the curves and charms of a woman in the wilds, of course he is a man but not usually the primary intent.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Tolan McMinnar
SL Name: Tolan McMinnar
AkA: Mean Basterd

Postby Tolan McMinnar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:13 am

Well, I traded with panthers in the past, and except one tribe all were great. Part is that I am no treat to them, I just exchange slaves they ...erm... find in the woods for coins or supplies. I still would love to do that, as it is a break from daily routine, for me and for them.

Of course I take precautions... even as slaver I can pay people to come with me, or come looking if I go missing. And don't care about the green dots hiding in the bushes too much, I have a natural interest not only to get out alive and in one piece, I love profits, like any good merchant. And the panthers have an excellent IC reason, as I provide coins and supplies to them.
The IC law book public domain project: http://lawbook.wikidot.com
Cup of asshole tea

Postby Cup of asshole tea » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Josef of Ar wrote:I put that it might happen in the books but it never works well in SL. I played a woodsman for awhile on a sim that had panthers and as part of my RP I bartered with them since I lived in a shack outside the city walls and they vastly outnumbered me. It was great RP until I started noticing during their daily panther raids the warriors of the city were also shooting at me. It got really fantastic when I was put in a collar for associating with panthers and even better when I was put to death for speaking to panthers.

All of it equated to me "Stop playing with our OOC pussy. Jerk."

Which is why I didn't vote. My option isn't there...

It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go completely stupid is pretty high.

I've intentionally traveled through Panther sims just for the sake of RP. I would always set up camp away from the main entrance so we weren't seen as "hunting for pussy", yet close enough to where they should raise their eyebrows. More times than not I've had to talk & barter my way out of a "strip & shave" service (no doubt the mark on my forehead helped a few times as well).

Yes, I was Free, but it was their grounds, therefore their rules. It took time to build that trust and I was never once offered to tour their camp during many of the follow-on stops there...and rightfully so. Invited to the circle/in a cage? Of course, but there was no encroaching of an outsider into their safe area on friendly terms.

I -loved- that.

In order for cooperation, there must be mutual respect. Dissing the ones with home-field advantage is just dumb, unless of course, you have a rather large army behind you.

Food for thought.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 pm

<---- Outlaw

Our RP with panthers goes from neutrality due to trade, to pure open hostility and territory conflicts.
Some panthers and male outlaws from the northern forests, in the books even openly had sexual / intimate relationships.

Now ... raiding together with panthers as male outlaws? I don't know... I would find it plausible, but it wouldn't be well received in SL Gor. Alot of the BtB sims (and their moderator teams) are so self-centered and isolated that they just keep feeding eachother more onlineisms... I would be a happy man if more of them actually took part in these forums and did the effort to learn all the subtelties and nuances of gorean RP, instead of calling everything invalid and ordering their kajiras to write 10 step serve NCs every few days...

Return to “Panthers”