Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

How do you feel about arrangements between panther girls and men?

Love the idea. Would like more cooperative RP and less combat RP between the groups.
9%
Love the idea. Would like more cooperative RP and less combat RP between the groups.
9%
It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high.
23%
It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high.
23%
It could only work if it was one panther girl and one outlaw/hunter, cooperation of bands and groups no.
9%
It could only work if it was one panther girl and one outlaw/hunter, cooperation of bands and groups no.
9%
It might be in the books but doesn't work well in SL ever.
7%
It might be in the books but doesn't work well in SL ever.
7%
Other
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok so I haven't fully formulated this idea or post, I guess I'm looking for input from someone who can say it better than I can. I've encountered some from time to time that think it's 100% implausible for panther girls, especially entire bands, to be allied with men whether that be outlaws or warriors or something else.

I think this idea might have come about to resolve issues in SL Gor, not from the books. It would be tiring and frustrating if every raid magically had joint outlaw, warrior and panther attackers, if one group were constantly rescuing or aiding the others, so I understand where the "rule" comes from, but is it too stiffling?

Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?
Runt
SL Name: Pie
Owner: Real Life

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby Runt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm

I think its entirely plausible for a man to hire a panther as a scout, spy or messenger to hostile territories. Afterall, a panther (in their eyes) would be more expendible then one of their own men, or themselves.

I think it's also entirely plausible for men to hire a panther as a guide. You'd want to hire someone that knows the territory, the land, the animals, vegetation, any hostile tribes, etc.

What I have problems with are alliances between FM and panthers. I've been to cities where the panther bands nearby will assist if the city is attacked. Erm...no. In my eyes that's totally against everything the panther girl stands for by running away from civilization to begin with.
SlaverSlav
SL Name: .

Postby SlaverSlav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:13 pm

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?

Can one woman pick up a scimitar and raise it to a dude, without it getting out of hand? :P

Postby ... » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 pm

I chose "It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high."

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. I've had trade agreements and fragile alliances with men, but generally I was solo, or with one or two others - I'm not sure how well it would work with larger number, honestly.
Josef of Ar
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Postby Josef of Ar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 pm

I put that it might happen in the books but it never works well in SL. I played a woodsman for awhile on a sim that had panthers and as part of my RP I bartered with them since I lived in a shack outside the city walls and they vastly outnumbered me. It was great RP until I started noticing during their daily panther raids the warriors of the city were also shooting at me. It got really fantastic when I was put in a collar for associating with panthers and even better when I was put to death for speaking to panthers.

All of it equated to me "Stop playing with our OOC pussy. Jerk."
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/
~pancake~

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm

SlaverSlav wrote:

Can one woman pick up a scimitar and raise it to a dude, without it getting out of hand? :P

I can't see how that could possibly go bad ;) :lol: Great point.

Perhaps I live in a pie in the sky bubble, but to me hiring a band or even an individual panther girl for a specific bit of RP is not only obviously plausible but would make some great RP opportunities that don't involve the cap/release cycle some seem to be sick of.

My experience and knowledge of this whole world of raiding and combat is extremely limited, but I'm guessing the problem is that this idea of cooperative RP went bad in terms of raids and recues and that's why it's not encouraged or even allowed anymore.

Is there a solution? Am I being too naieve?

I think Oor might be right, the only way I could see a compromise of this working in SL Gor without getting out of hand is if it's in small numbers.
SlaverSlav
SL Name: .

Postby SlaverSlav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

If you are only a few people, then anything could work really. What always fucks things up in SL, is how covetous and envious people really are combined with the sheer mass of players. "Hey, that person is having awesome RP, I want that too!". So you suddenly have hundreds of Marlenuses and Vernas, and it all devolves into a huge joke. Sadface.
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

~pancake~ wrote:Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

It can work out - with the right players. We played a scenario in Hermits where it worked out - not only cooperation between men and panthers - but cooperation between a panther and all kinds of people from the village. I really enjoyed that kind of role play - we stretched all the limits of gorean interaction and roles and it all made perfect sense because the context was right.

I think it does take very mature players for things like that - and they have to realize those things do not happen on a daily basis. Most panther rp would still happen within the tribe.
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
~pancake~

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Edda wrote:
~pancake~ wrote:Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

It can work out - with the right players. We played a scenario in Hermits where it worked out - not only cooperation between men and panthers - but cooperation between a panther and all kinds of people from the village. I really enjoyed that kind of role play - we stretched all the limits of gorean interaction and roles and it all made perfect sense because the context was right.

I think it does take very mature players for things like that - and they have to realize those things do not happen on a daily basis. Most panther rp would still happen within the tribe.

Oh GAWD I miss Hermits Roost SOOOO much! :(
I've basically been in an RP coma since it closed. I know I'll never find a replacement, or another experience like that, but now I'm trying to at least get out there and look for it because it's probably not going to happen in my skybox. Five months is a long mourning time for a sim, so I *have* to get out there. Crossing my fingers that I can continue some of the stories I started in Hermits, some of those being tentative arrangements with men from the village, and perhaps even start a few more, so far so good but I still miss Hermits and worry that type of thing isn't as welcomed or possible in other places.
Last edited by ~pancake~ on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:09 pm

I joked about some panther girl RP that happened to my alt since I would have previously had zero interaction and I am admittedly on the extreme of the spirit of the books side of things.

Setting...this was at an exchange point where I would expect a panther to be without any fear of being collared.

Reason for being there....The RP around the trade of slaves really struck me as very immersive when asked to display and listening at the bickering back and forth about possible worth and what might be traded. I even had a great laugh a the comparison of slaves and their qualities

Future RP Opportunities...a tentative meeting was set for some time in the future with the Panther giving some insight into what might interest her in a slave. Now the outlaw knows what type of slave to target and already has a ready buyer not to mention the RP for the eventual trade.

I think it cannot be panther girl "band" type RP in SL Gor without it getting out of hand. It was an eye opener for me but I don't think it would have been possible with more than one or two panthers and perhaps more than one or two outlaws. Could the problem with panther girl RP be that it is too ambitious and usually focused on the whole capture me and break/rape me type interaction on both sides?

Edit to Add:
I also didn't find it extremely odd that a panther would wander into the camp with an existing agreement with the leader of the outlaws to conduct business. Great post linnet...more ramberries and red fruit?
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait

Return to “Panthers”