Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

How do you feel about arrangements between panther girls and men?

Love the idea. Would like more cooperative RP and less combat RP between the groups.
4
9%
Love the idea. Would like more cooperative RP and less combat RP between the groups.
4
9%
It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high.
10
23%
It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high.
10
23%
It could only work if it was one panther girl and one outlaw/hunter, cooperation of bands and groups no.
4
9%
It could only work if it was one panther girl and one outlaw/hunter, cooperation of bands and groups no.
4
9%
It might be in the books but doesn't work well in SL ever.
3
7%
It might be in the books but doesn't work well in SL ever.
3
7%
Other
1
2%
Other
1
2%
 
Total votes: 44
User avatar
~pancake~
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok so I haven't fully formulated this idea or post, I guess I'm looking for input from someone who can say it better than I can. I've encountered some from time to time that think it's 100% implausible for panther girls, especially entire bands, to be allied with men whether that be outlaws or warriors or something else.

I think this idea might have come about to resolve issues in SL Gor, not from the books. It would be tiring and frustrating if every raid magically had joint outlaw, warrior and panther attackers, if one group were constantly rescuing or aiding the others, so I understand where the "rule" comes from, but is it too stiffling?

Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?
Runt
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am
SL Name: Pie
Owner: Real Life

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby Runt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm

I think its entirely plausible for a man to hire a panther as a scout, spy or messenger to hostile territories. Afterall, a panther (in their eyes) would be more expendible then one of their own men, or themselves.

I think it's also entirely plausible for men to hire a panther as a guide. You'd want to hire someone that knows the territory, the land, the animals, vegetation, any hostile tribes, etc.

What I have problems with are alliances between FM and panthers. I've been to cities where the panther bands nearby will assist if the city is attacked. Erm...no. In my eyes that's totally against everything the panther girl stands for by running away from civilization to begin with.
User avatar
SlaverSlav
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 am
SL Name: .

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby SlaverSlav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:13 pm

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?


Can one woman pick up a scimitar and raise it to a dude, without it getting out of hand? :P
...

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby ... » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 pm

I chose "It could work with the right players, but the potential for it to go wrong is pretty high."

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. I've had trade agreements and fragile alliances with men, but generally I was solo, or with one or two others - I'm not sure how well it would work with larger number, honestly.
User avatar
Josef of Ar
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:09 am
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby Josef of Ar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 pm

I put that it might happen in the books but it never works well in SL. I played a woodsman for awhile on a sim that had panthers and as part of my RP I bartered with them since I lived in a shack outside the city walls and they vastly outnumbered me. It was great RP until I started noticing during their daily panther raids the warriors of the city were also shooting at me. It got really fantastic when I was put in a collar for associating with panthers and even better when I was put to death for speaking to panthers.


All of it equated to me "Stop playing with our OOC pussy. Jerk."
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/
User avatar
~pancake~
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm

SlaverSlav wrote:
What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?


Can one woman pick up a scimitar and raise it to a dude, without it getting out of hand? :P


I can't see how that could possibly go bad ;) :lol: Great point.

Perhaps I live in a pie in the sky bubble, but to me hiring a band or even an individual panther girl for a specific bit of RP is not only obviously plausible but would make some great RP opportunities that don't involve the cap/release cycle some seem to be sick of.

My experience and knowledge of this whole world of raiding and combat is extremely limited, but I'm guessing the problem is that this idea of cooperative RP went bad in terms of raids and recues and that's why it's not encouraged or even allowed anymore.

Is there a solution? Am I being too naieve?


I think Oor might be right, the only way I could see a compromise of this working in SL Gor without getting out of hand is if it's in small numbers.
User avatar
SlaverSlav
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 am
SL Name: .

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby SlaverSlav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

If you are only a few people, then anything could work really. What always fucks things up in SL, is how covetous and envious people really are combined with the sheer mass of players. "Hey, that person is having awesome RP, I want that too!". So you suddenly have hundreds of Marlenuses and Vernas, and it all devolves into a huge joke. Sadface.
User avatar
Mynerva
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 am
SL Name: *****

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby Mynerva » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

~pancake~ wrote:Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?



It can work out - with the right players. We played a scenario in Hermits where it worked out - not only cooperation between men and panthers - but cooperation between a panther and all kinds of people from the village. I really enjoyed that kind of role play - we stretched all the limits of gorean interaction and roles and it all made perfect sense because the context was right.

I think it does take very mature players for things like that - and they have to realize those things do not happen on a daily basis. Most panther rp would still happen within the tribe.
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
User avatar
~pancake~
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Edda wrote:
~pancake~ wrote:Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?



It can work out - with the right players. We played a scenario in Hermits where it worked out - not only cooperation between men and panthers - but cooperation between a panther and all kinds of people from the village. I really enjoyed that kind of role play - we stretched all the limits of gorean interaction and roles and it all made perfect sense because the context was right.

I think it does take very mature players for things like that - and they have to realize those things do not happen on a daily basis. Most panther rp would still happen within the tribe.


Oh GAWD I miss Hermits Roost SOOOO much! :(
I've basically been in an RP coma since it closed. I know I'll never find a replacement, or another experience like that, but now I'm trying to at least get out there and look for it because it's probably not going to happen in my skybox. Five months is a long mourning time for a sim, so I *have* to get out there. Crossing my fingers that I can continue some of the stories I started in Hermits, some of those being tentative arrangements with men from the village, and perhaps even start a few more, so far so good but I still miss Hermits and worry that type of thing isn't as welcomed or possible in other places.
Last edited by ~pancake~ on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sempati
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Re: Cooperation between Panther Girls and Men

Postby Sempati » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

~pancake~ wrote:Ok so I haven't fully formulated this idea or post, I guess I'm looking for input from someone who can say it better than I can. I've encountered some from time to time that think it's 100% implausible for panther girls, especially entire bands, to be allied with men whether that be outlaws or warriors or something else.

I think this idea might have come about to resolve issues in SL Gor, not from the books. It would be tiring and frustrating if every raid magically had joint outlaw, warrior and panther attackers, if one group were constantly rescuing or aiding the others, so I understand where the "rule" comes from, but is it too stiffling?

Can't we RP some exceptions, whether it be solitary girls hired as scouts or spies. Tentative deals and alliances based on necessity, even a hiring of an entire band for some reason, after all, that's kinda the whole story in Hunters :lol:

What do you think? Can tentative arrangements and agreements be in place between panther girls and men of various roles in SL Gor to widen some RP opportunities without it getting out of hand?

Is it possible to have ongoing and diverse role play and events between a city, or warriors/men and a band of panther girls...Yes simple because I have done it. Mind you, in addition to the story and deals there tends to be a bit of combat or ruffling of feathers because well sometimes you need that outlet. To me it is a matter of setting some rough guidelines, typically on OOC level, to help maintain the integrity of the IC action, just like how I think most wars between cities should have rough OOC guide lines to minimize the bullshit. Hash out the OOC guidelines/ideas, and then you can also incorporate those things into IC role play in a win-win scenario (for player at least).

Perhaps I am a bit different than the average SL Gor warrior in my approaches but here is a quick and dirty list of past interactions with individual panther girls or their bands:
- Numerous times been victim of the cap and torture type bands. Main reason I never bothered hunting panther girls (besides the old manther thing) is that kind of RP is not something I enjoy on a regular basis.
- Guard in slaver compound did a lot of trades and acquisition deals with panther bands for lost souls they came upon. Was a lot of back n forth trade stuff, making deals to acquire certain type of slave.
- In city guard or officer I made other less known arrangements with local panther bands to acquire certain information from other cities, map out territory, learn names and habits of officials. Then was always the trading their members back to them or to get my men out of their camp when they all got frisky for a little hunt and screw.
- More recently, due to Ven being more retired and hunting deep in the woods interactions tend to be trade based, or passing in the forests. Though he has been chained in camp a few times, and also returned the favour but most was ongoing story driven or chance encounters of whatever happens.
- Hired panther band or individual girls to bait, spy, steal or distract an enemy, or lure specific targets out to the advantage of my side. But will not fight along side them.

Thing is with Ven, he is not out to hunt and collar panther girls (unless certain ones draw his attention too much) he has other purposes in life. He is not aggressive towards the forest girls because well they are just women and outlaws they are not a real threat to a man like him. Yes, most panther girls out there can kick my ass in a fight but that is the perk about playing a character I can still play up that arrogance despite knowing OOC my ass is grass.
Think that is one of the hardest things to get across at times, that not every man wandering in the forest of panther girl territory is looking for collar bait. Will Ven savour the curves and charms of a woman in the wilds, of course he is a man but not usually the primary intent.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee

Return to “Panthers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron