Panther only poll: What is your panther background?

Panther Poll: Panther Background And she Wears.....

1 Direct Import from Earth
3%
1 Direct Import from Earth
3%
1 Slave Runaway
5%
1 Slave Runaway
5%
1 Freewoman Deciding to get to know nature
3%
1 Freewoman Deciding to get to know nature
3%
1 Freewoman on the Run
15%
1 Freewoman on the Run
15%
2 She wears Nothing (Waaa Hooo!)
1%
2 She wears Nothing (Waaa Hooo!)
1%
2 She Wears a Lioncloth, little G-string thing
5%
2 She Wears a Lioncloth, little G-string thing
5%
2 She wears Pants outfit (Ridem Cowgirl!)
5%
2 She wears Pants outfit (Ridem Cowgirl!)
5%
2 She wears (other)
11%
2 She wears (other)
11%

Total votes: 92
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Re: Panther only poll: What is your panther background?

Postby Echo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:42 am

Allison Millet wrote:As for what I am wearing, depends on the weather but it could be nothing but a hide belt for things, to breeches and boots and a laced up shirt it really just depends what the weather is, my mood and what I've been pilfering from wash lines of late.

Seen her do the nothing but a belt and a smile thing. In a room full of dressed people including two warriors, she still seemed the most dressed and in command. :thumbup:
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Sita
SL Name: ...

Postby Sita » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Sahbra wrote:

Bah and here I was clicking because I couldn't resist reading about Cor's days as a panther. :pft:

OMG we should rewind our characters, capture him and make him into a tribe member a la Some Like It Hot.
TrollinWitMyHomies
SL Name: Which?
Role: I'm in your threadz, trollin.
Owner: Foamy, the Squirrel

Postby TrollinWitMyHomies » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 am

Kiana wore whatever was available. But, she was a slave who was freed briefly and hated it and hated that her Master did it to her so vowed never to let it happen again...hence, the running around half naked int he woods idea. :lol:

Sometimes it was loincloths, sometimes it was topless, when it snowed it was fur boots, cloaks and all bundled up in furs.

@Cor: I think so many of us have gotten quite less high strung than in our "formative" years on Gor. :lol:
All your forum are belong to us.

Humor. I haz it. Do you?
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:25 am

Torrid was a FW whose Father was companioning her off to a man that killed the man she wanted to companion, so she ran away.

Honestly I wore a bit of everything. If I thought it worked I wore it. I did not go topless.Three years ago panther gear was quite limited.....I didnt make my own clothes but bought most of them from different places.
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:08 pm

My character was a barbarian escaped slave. She wore brief skins in the warmer months, and pants/jacket in the colder. Never went topless- my panther girl hated slaves and avoided men unless they were staked out or bound.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tashiana
SL Name: Tashiana Ziplon
Caste: Panther
Role: Herlit
Home Stone: Sa Nahele

Postby Tashiana » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Looks more like an Ex Panther thread to me some how.
/Tash
Dont ask ... just do.
Sita
SL Name: ...

Postby Sita » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Kind of like the books, eh Tash? ;)

In general, I think the panther role has taken a squashing. It used to be hot shit back when metered fighting was the thing and everyone wanted to play cowboys & indians. People loved the torture routine then too; it was so routine to brand, carve up and shave a captive that many thought it was canon. Sex RP was sneered at back then too. Not to mention, men love to pursue; they caught and threw back panther girls on a daily basis. The traffic was just there. Not so much anymore. Though Eve was out of play for a long time before, when she came back to civilization I could swear I felt something shift in the framework. Many followed suit, one way or another.
Tashiana
SL Name: Tashiana Ziplon
Caste: Panther
Role: Herlit
Home Stone: Sa Nahele

Postby Tashiana » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:00 am

Panthers are still probably one of the strongest groups in Gor, it seem all Sims want their own panther group, probably as they generate a lot of traffic.

But panther girls are also a very mixed up group. There are Pew pews and Para role-player, there are Lesbians and there are Straights, there are Doms and there are Subs. I think it’s much more diverse than any other group and it has so many different opportunities.

Sadly enough this also invites to many that not really interested in the role but just want to use it as a start or base for their special interest. There are the Torture lovers that want to cap and cut things from men, there are the famous Cap Sluts that just want to play out the rape scenes over and over, the Wannabe Slaves that only dress up in skin to find a new owner and a lot of other play styles that really don’t have much with the panther role to do.

Lately I run into a lot of city slave girls that keep emoting they are captured panthers and even Ens. With that they want to keep both the sexy slave and strong willed panther, I guess that finally the “Panthers makes excellent slaves” has been pushed through to the SL-Gor mindset. As a disguised panther in a city I always find it amusing when a slave try impress the free woman by be a captured panther…. A wild, exotic and dangerous girl. For my avi she even less worth then a normal slave, as a free unbroken panther a other panther girl that have submitted is a traitor she weak and useless.

It was a bit from this perspective I did say it did look more like a Ex Panther thread, as in.. is it really panther girls or slaves passing through the role?

/Tash
Dont ask ... just do.
Tit
SL Name: Various
Role: Outlaw / FW / Slave
Home Stone: Siba

Postby Tit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 am

I have 2 panther's that i currently use. One for Pew Pew, the other for actually RP. They both wear the atypical leather bikini. The first avatar doesnt have a background, at least not that she remembers, she has for all intents and purposes always been a panther. The other avatar has a detailed backstory wherein she fled the City following being raped and finding herself being held accountable as it was claimed she was acting in a slave like mannor. She's probally not your typical panther being scared of most people and avoiding them whenever possible.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:19 pm

t was a bit from this perspective I did say it did look more like a Ex Panther thread, as in.. is it really panther girls or slaves passing through the role?

/Tash

I played a panther girl character for 5 years in HTML, including co-creator and leader for a time of the longest running panther girl room in HTML, the Wildwoods Panther Band. I also played a panther girl in SL Gor for about six months before deciding the role in SL just wasn't to my tastes. So, ex-panther girl, yes. But I feel pretty qualified to speak up when matters pertaining to such catch my eye. :)
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “Panthers”