(Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... and...

After I get caught and get super intense RP....

I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
20%
I add it to my story.... but keep playing panther.
20%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
5%
I become superslave for a while. Get bored run away.
5%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
10%
I went perma slave and have been with him ever since.
10%
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
No votes
Assume I was never caught. Erase after 3 days.
No votes
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
15%
Other - Deal with it in my own way (Explain)
15%

Total votes: 20
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... an

Postby Manon Seid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Points up to Hawts post and nods "that i agree with - btb panthers that actually play as they should btb. I want this kind of panther girl roleplayers too!

We have established in this thread that panther girls play panther girls because thats the role they chose and enjoy - not slave. So if you want btb panthers that dont run away after a month or two of roleplay, because they long to get back to what they wanted to play in sl in the first place hence destroying your immersion in Gor and ruining and wasting your rp time.

Then perhaps you should come up with other ways of interacting with said btb panthers than cap games that will end their game for good? You said yourself, thats how they END. Respect the players choices in role - unless agreed - sort of like the perma death thing is it not? It DID happen in the books that people interacted with free panthers, one could elaborate on that instead of always rushing to the end game. Its not like Gor is lacking slaves in generel as far as i know.

If all this could happen with cooperation from both sides then i can't see why the panther role can't be a completely valid btb role? You can call that tweaking of the role to fit what we think is fun, but are all the roles in Sl Gor not tweaked to rp and SL in the first place? None of them were meant for roleplay at all. The second you deviate the tiniest little bit from the canon then i can argue you are tweaking to suit your fun. Which i happen to think is valid enough, as long as we stay within what is believeable in the spirit of what was written by Norman. I dont think we dissagree on that really.

We still have a choice to live and let live though letting all roleplayers walk away from a scene with the feeling they had a good time. Mind you i am not implying that "having a good time" means winning a fight. But you can make an opponent loose and still respect the players wishes for their character in some way. IM's do work wonders in that sometimes.

I think i hear you support btb, is that not just another certification? One i happen to agree on too - but its still just that. Panters - all of them - ended up being showed to GE in buckets instead of seperating those in ge/btb like the rest of the community. Hence theres roleplayers left hanging with nowhere to go where they can get the rp they actually want in the role they prefer. Theres some left who do prefer the non pew pew panther game - believe it or not.

Sure you can do as Allison and just play by yourself - no band only a lone panther and that might work out nicely, but if you are going to do it realistically you will be spending an awful lot of time by yourself in the woods. I am sorry - i am not that interesting - i get bored with myself fairly quickly. I did it mind you...many times. But when you skin an animal for the tenth time with noone else nearby to interact it gets a bit meeeeh...why am i typing this; its great rp, but it was in my head before i typed too...i dont really need my thoughts texted...

I believe Violetta is trying to make the seperation for the panther players that the rest of you did years back with the btb/ge? If she succeeds i will cheer for her! Even if i am warrior princess... o.0
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Manon Seid wrote:[color=#000000]
Sure you can do as Allison and just play by yourself - no band only a lone panther and that might work out nicely, but if you are going to do it realistically you will be spending an awful lot of time by yourself in the woods. I am sorry - i am not that interesting - i get bored with myself fairly quickly. I did it mind you...many times. But when you skin an animal for the tenth time with noone else nearby to interact it gets a bit meeeeh...why am i typing this; its great rp, but it was in my head before i typed too...i dont really need my thoughts texted...

I just wanted to clarify, I don't rp with myself, I rp with the voices that talk to me... no really...heh..wait whats that white coat for, I'm not cold...I don't need a shot either.....

No seriously on a serious note, I live on my own and dont claim to be in any band, but I do associate with several different bands or tribes on a mutual beneficial level, I.E. I trade various goods, and information, sometimes services to either help out my own cause's or goals. I wander, rp when I want with who I want generally and dont run into any bans really either. I also play a role with the black kailia which is a black market smuggler market of sorts, and I use that for alot of rp idea's or ways into rp. But I do want to point out if I'm on my sim sitting by myself rarely am I actually just sitting there rping with myself, I have a general idea of what my character is doing at that point and time, and if someone approaches me I rp as if im in the middle of doing whatever that activity might be, but I'm not one to just sit there normally and type out posts after post for just myself to read.
Hockey Stick!
Manon Seid

Postby Manon Seid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 pm

:lips: i know Allison

Thats how i do it too when i go for the solo lone panther rp - except i never got to get in contact with the black kailla. Its something i always found extremely tempting - tried on a different avi but never managed to kick it off, i generelly have too little time in sl to be able to manage two roleplaying alts at a time. Love the concept of the black kailla group though and who knows perhaps some day i will stick my nose in that storyline :)
Alice McConnell
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Postby Alice McConnell » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 am

Ah, a question bound to get me riled up. (And sorry, I didn't read all the subsequent discussion)

The poll is making the same old assumption again: that RP is something that you plan, that it is all up to you, and not up to the other players and the turn of events.

What would a panther girl do, when someone leaves the key in the lock? What will she do if she is 'released'? Stay because she is 'captured' and captured panthers in the books are commonly enslaved? Why would she suddenly start acting like a slave? Mostly, panther girls are never 'made' to start acting like a slave, let alone being 'turned into' one. The assumption is that you are going to escape anyway... so, as a panther girl, no one is likely to even bother. People rarely with this sort of RP in any case. Some by the book folks might complain about panthers just been cap-and-release. But maybe that has to do with them capping and releasing them. There used to be plenty of panther girl RP-ers open to the idea of being turned into a slave. But when no one bothers, when mostly, they hardly bother to keep secured to a tree... it is kind of odd to expect them to stay put.

Only once was I 'captured' by a man that DID actually push me towards submission, in a way that my character could not 'handle/divert/usurp'. Had he persisted, it would have been quite possible that my character might have 'given up'. As it turned out, her escape attempts in the meantime caused a bit of a ruckus in the sim she was held in. It is easy to upset someone when your character is different from what they are used to. So... he let me go after the end of the infamous 'three day period'.

So... none of the options mentioned applied to me. My character wasn't 'automatically' turned into a true slave just because a guy tied my wrists together. She would have required more than some women in the books required, perhaps. Yet, she wasn't made off steel (but pretty much always avoided things like whips, somehow... even if those would likely have had her scream: "I submit!" at the top of her lungs) and it would have been far from impossible to enslave her. I, as a player, might have enjoyed trying the slave role (not sure if I would have liked it long term, but you never know). And yet, she did her best to avoid such, which turned out to be enough. Had she encountered 'tougher opposition' (as in: people that wanted to enslave her), she might have ended up as a slave at some point. Would she have stayed one forever? Who knows. The fact that she was never enslaved, however, didn't originate from any of the stuff that Hawt mentions, about not being willing to accept it should RP head that way. Fact is, in SL gor, it is often quite easy to avoid anything of the sort.

So, it isn't a 'digital' choice between 'accepting enslavement' and 'escaping'. If some escapes because ... there is an opportunity to escape... it doesn't mean she would not have accepted enslavement. If fact, maybe she WANTED to be enslaved, but she played true to her character. The way this poll was framed doesn't look at all at what the 'capturing' party does. If he just messes with her a bit, and then allows her to get away... he will never know how far she was willing to go.
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:20 am

Allison Millet wrote:Maybe its just me, but I go all around and don't have issue's trying to get people to role play with me whether as a panther in the woods or in disguise in a city or what not. Maybe its because I'm more or less running on my own. But now, I get role play when I want it, if I don't I sit in my home sim more or less adding to traffic for the sim owner and am on and around to mod should a need arise while I do other things. Otherwise if I want rp, I wander out and find some.

Me too..

In response to the OP, I chose the 1st option, but that doesn't mean that with the right kind of pushing my panther av would end up fully enslaved and change roles.

My panther is currently off SL because my band went awol playing another game and my last roleplay was escaping from a village where I'd been collared and branded. When we're more active and I go back to playing my panther av, I'm not sure how IC'ly welcome I'll be. I didn't immediately escape my captor once I saw a way out, because there was a bit of an internal battle going on in my avie's head. Shamed herself acting slavishly, but still that yearning to flee to the forest where she can deny her own nature.
Alice McConnell
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Postby Alice McConnell » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:26 pm

That is what I meant. The poll was biased to make some sort of point Hawt had in his head, I think. The 'right answer' for me, and probably you, wasn't there (that it would depend on the one(s) capturing/enslaving you and their actions).
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Re: (Panthers)So... you get caught... mind blowing RP... and...

Postby BlueConover » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Collared. Branded. Slavery.

Escaped slaves were hamstrung or killed.

So how do you form "long term" storylines with a panther without breaking rp breaking gorean mindset?

I used to spend days rping with a panther turning them towards being my slave.
Then I realized I was wasting my time because they would run, or I'd have to kill them. Hamstring them in the future.

and oocly I didnt want to do this.

-shrugs-

So how do I mesh your ooc needs ideas vs your character gorean mindset. with my ooc reluctance to fuck over another player, and in character gorean mindset?
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:13 am

BlueConover wrote:So how do I mesh your ooc needs ideas vs your character gorean mindset. with my ooc reluctance to fuck over another player, and in character gorean mindset?

Neither should be a concern.

Some women role playing panther-girl might want that brutal treatment and realistic approach and will groan and sigh if they are treated on the basis of someone thinking the captive would like to be released and unscathed again after an hour. Most of the people who are serious about role play want those (extreme) consequences for their characters, don't ever let the "softness" of SL Gor's community afflict your role play, I've done it a few times thinking "I'll try to be nice not to upset people further OOC," but I and the people involved in the storyline have regretted it every time.

It's one of the major issues with SL Gor as a whole, no respect for persistent and 'realistic' storylines. It's one of the many reasons why our sim rules over at CoCE are a lot different than the rest of SL Gor.

Do -not worry- about what people will think about the consequences. People come role play to experience a different and brutal world, if they can't handle that then they are in the wrong genre.
Manon Seid

Postby Manon Seid » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 am

:yeahthat:

And also what Alice said: There's an option missing in the poll.

Apart from that this is an oooold thread. Violetta, as far as i know gave up on her attempt, and several after her gave up too. I would not know if there are BTB panther woman players left in SL Gor, my char is online on rare occasions and then only to rp with my one trusted rp partner to continue our own awesomesauce years old gorean storyline. Harsh as hell and as BTB as they get, but pretty much completely closed off from the rest of the SL Gor community. Sad but apparently necessary if one want to play BTB panther woman and also if one want to play the harsh scenes.

If anyone knows i am wrong and there actually is a place where there's still room for these rare creatures, where btb roleplayers knows how to interact in roleplay and has the imagination and the gutts required to create interesting storylines for all involved, please let me know.
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:29 am

Anarch Allegiere wrote:
BlueConover wrote:So how do I mesh your ooc needs ideas vs your character gorean mindset. with my ooc reluctance to fuck over another player, and in character gorean mindset?

Neither should be a concern.

Some women role playing panther-girl might want that brutal treatment and realistic approach and will groan and sigh if they are treated on the basis of someone thinking the captive would like to be released and unscathed again after an hour. Most of the people who are serious about role play want those (extreme) consequences for their characters, don't ever let the "softness" of SL Gor's community afflict your role play, I've done it a few times thinking "I'll try to be nice not to upset people further OOC," but I and the people involved in the storyline have regretted it every time.

It's one of the major issues with SL Gor as a whole, no respect for persistent and 'realistic' storylines. It's one of the many reasons why our sim rules over at CoCE are a lot different than the rest of SL Gor.

Do -not worry- about what people will think about the consequences. People come role play to experience a different and brutal world, if they can't handle that then they are in the wrong genre.

True it shouldn't
But because of constant ooc harassment because of constantly spending days rping something for it all to be wasted with a quick "well thats fun kbitnx" attitude I don't have that separation anymore.
My failing i guess.
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...

Return to “Panthers”