Diablo 3 Expansion!

Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Re: Diablo 3 Expansion!

Postby Shjade » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:17 am

Hm...just tried out the "starter edition" aince I hadn't tried D3 since the beta. Not one lag-jump in a couple hours of play. Seems they got their stability much improved since all the testing, at least. Hm. Might have to put this on my "maybe" list after all.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:36 am

The Diablo III vanilla box probably counts among my top 3 most regretted purchases, what a steaming pile of shit it :(

Will pass on that one too! ;)
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 am

Victor. wrote:The Diablo III vanilla box probably counts among my top 3 most regretted purchases, what a steaming pile of shit it :(

Will pass on that one too! ;)

Tell us how you really feel ROFL!

I downloaded the freebie version last night and plan on trying it at some point over the next week.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:33 pm

I love diablo, I loved the first one, the second, this one...I love it! I think it's because I can play by myself and still win. I hate grouping with people, I want to go out and be able to step away if I have to in order to get food or fix lunch without worrying about holding up other people.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Shjade

Postby Shjade » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:45 am

Well, it was shorter than I expected, but that's partly because I had trouble ending my play sessions, so I'd probably give it a thumbs up overall. No doubt helped by having waited this long to pick it up, meaning the server hell everyone was suffering on release day has long since died out. Only had one D/C in the middle of Act 2 during the whole campaign. Not bad.

Think I'm going to have trouble replaying it as not-Monk, though. Started the campaign with Monk on hard and had stepped it up to expert by the end of Act I (highest you can go without beating the game/getting to level 60 under the current patch) and only died once due to chain-stun. So many passive abilities to make enemies deal less damage, could just wade into everything and go to town. Though I did find myself wishing the flashier abilities were more effective; pretty much kept the same lineup of abilities through most of the game once I had them unlocked (Crippling Wave, Wave of Light (the AE bursty rune version), dash, exploding palm, sweeping wind, mantra of conviction). Every time I tried plugging something else into one of those slots the whole thing just felt gimped. I dunno if I just kinda mathed out/stumbled onto the most effective combo right away or if I was doing something wrong trying the other options. xD

Suffice it to say, looking forward to act 5 when it arrives at this point.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:09 am

Shjade wrote:Well, it was shorter than I expected, but that's partly because I had trouble ending my play sessions, so I'd probably give it a thumbs up overall. No doubt helped by having waited this long to pick it up, meaning the server hell everyone was suffering on release day has long since died out. Only had one D/C in the middle of Act 2 during the whole campaign. Not bad.

Think I'm going to have trouble replaying it as not-Monk, though. Started the campaign with Monk on hard and had stepped it up to expert by the end of Act I (highest you can go without beating the game/getting to level 60 under the current patch) and only died once due to chain-stun. So many passive abilities to make enemies deal less damage, could just wade into everything and go to town. Though I did find myself wishing the flashier abilities were more effective; pretty much kept the same lineup of abilities through most of the game once I had them unlocked (Crippling Wave, Wave of Light (the AE bursty rune version), dash, exploding palm, sweeping wind, mantra of conviction). Every time I tried plugging something else into one of those slots the whole thing just felt gimped. I dunno if I just kinda mathed out/stumbled onto the most effective combo right away or if I was doing something wrong trying the other options. xD

Suffice it to say, looking forward to act 5 when it arrives at this point.

It's actually quite fun as a Wizard. :) My level 60 is a Wizard.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Shjade

Postby Shjade » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:24 am

Wizard was indeed what I planned to try next. Not really a fan of the barbarian's aesthetic (and, frankly, a little worried it'll make the game feel too easy), don't like the witch doctor's style and the demon hunter was already turning my brain to mush out of boredom by level 5, so I figure that one will take some determination to push through to the point where she has abilities that make using her actually fun. Wizard seemed like it might be a little more interesting.

Sidenote: vanishing dye. I am a terrible person.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Well the best change in 2.0 probably is that it doesn't take you four entire playthroughs anymore to get to L60.

So the major changes / improvements I've noticed so far:
- Better loot: Bosses seem to always drop legendaries on the first kill, and 90% of the time the loot that drops has stats useful to your class and the stuff that drops actually has better/higher stats
- Class revamps: A lot of the useless abilities of every class got replaced with actual useful skills and runes
- Revive at Corpse option
- Smoother leveling experience
- "Endless" accountwide paragon leveling

It makes the game a lot more enjoyable and even at maximum level it's more fun to keep on playing and grinding those paragon levels.

Especially the multiple playthroughs required to get to maximum level was absolutely ridiculous for a game. Hopefully they get the message and apply that philosophy to their end-game raiding model over in WoW too. (The entire LFR/Normal/Heroic split is why I stopped enjoying hardcore raiding in WoW).
Last edited by Anarch Allegiere on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:(The entire LFR/Normal/Heroic split is why I stopped enjoying hardcore raiding in WoW).

Unlikely. Their plan is to have LFR, Normal (Flex), Heroic (Flex), and Mythic (Static 20-man, hardest raiding).
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Shjade

Postby Shjade » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:Especially the multiple playthroughs required to get to maximum level was absolutely ridiculous for a game. Hopefully they get the message and apply that philosophy to their end-game raiding model over in WoW too. (The entire LFR/Normal/Heroic split is why I stopped enjoying hardcore raiding in WoW).

That's a pretty different thing. You're already at max level by the time you start raiding; the raiding is for gear improvements, which you'd have to do in D3, too. There's no way you'll already have the best possible gear by the time you hit 60/70.

Return to “Games”