Diablo 3 Expansion!

Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Diablo 3 Expansion!

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Shjade wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:Especially the multiple playthroughs required to get to maximum level was absolutely ridiculous for a game. Hopefully they get the message and apply that philosophy to their end-game raiding model over in WoW too. (The entire LFR/Normal/Heroic split is why I stopped enjoying hardcore raiding in WoW).

That's a pretty different thing. You're already at max level by the time you start raiding; the raiding is for gear improvements, which you'd have to do in D3, too. There's no way you'll already have the best possible gear by the time you hit 60/70.

I used to be in a world top #1-3 raiding guild for WoW from Vanilla to WotLK. I know how raiding works.

Any satisfaction or enjoyment I got out of raiding in WoW however got completely removed once they started first with splitting bosses into heroic and normal modes (although I -did- like the mechanical activation in Ulduar), and then later on in Cataclysm with LFR.

By the time you kill a raidboss on heroic now you've already killed that same boss a dozen times on either LFR, flexi or normal, and it takes away much of the satisfaction and reward. Exclusive access to content used to be a big motivation for me to be a high end raider. It's why Sunwell will remain my fondest memory of WoW.

When they first launched Diablo3 it was apparent they felt heavily inspired by their WoW raiding model when they wanted people to play through the entire campaign 4 times but everytime on a higher difficulty. Now they changed that with Diablo3 I was just curious wether they were starting to figure out that having people do the same content on different difficulties isn't exactly good or fun game design. ;)

But who cares... at this point ESO seems more promising than WoW's next expansion. Seriously, who is going to want to level from 90 to 100 with a gazzilion more "kill 12 boars" quests while over in ESO everything is voice-acted and questing is entirely storydriven? Not me... :P
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:But who cares... at this point ESO seems more promising than WoW's next expansion. Seriously, who is going to want to level from 90 to 100 with a gazzilion more "kill 12 boars" quests while over in ESO everything is voice-acted and questing is entirely storydriven? Not me... :P

I guess you missed all of the voice acting and story-driven plot in the Mists of Pandaria content. :fryingpan:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Leah wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:But who cares... at this point ESO seems more promising than WoW's next expansion. Seriously, who is going to want to level from 90 to 100 with a gazzilion more "kill 12 boars" quests while over in ESO everything is voice-acted and questing is entirely storydriven? Not me... :P

I guess you missed all of the voice acting and story-driven plot in the Mists of Pandaria content. :fryingpan:

For 3 or 5 quests? :P

I'm sure people can argue that Elwynn Forest questing was story-driven as well, but they do a very bad job at covering it up in MoP still. It's still a bunch of 'go kill 12 boars' quests. At least in upcoming MMOs they do a lot of effort in pulling people's attention towards the storyline instead of expecting people to read a page of text from a mute questgiver if they want to figure out what's going on. Admittedly the 5.1 and later scenarios were nice, but not nearly enough.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:For 3 or 5 quests? :P

It was quite a bit more than that, and all of the questlines ended in cinematics or big events.

I'm sure people can argue that Elwynn Forest questing was story-driven as well,

I wasn't arguing that, though. :)

but they do a very bad job at covering it up in MoP still. It's still a bunch of 'go kill 12 boars' quests. At least in upcoming MMOs they do a lot of effort in pulling people's attention towards the storyline instead of expecting people to read a page of text from a mute questgiver if they want to figure out what's going on. Admittedly the 5.1 and later scenarios were nice, but not nearly enough.

Every single quest I've done in ESO has been a variation of "go kill 12 boars." I don't think that "talk to x guy," "use a rune on 5 of these," "pick 4 of these plants," is any different from questing in WoW. But you're entitled to your delusions. :)
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 pm

It certainly worked out well for SWtoR and The Secret World. >.>
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Ice Bradley
SL Name: Bain Menna
Caste: Red Caste
Role: Warrior
Home Stone: Tarnwald
Owner: Real life
AkA: Ice Bradley

Postby Ice Bradley » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 am

Anyone playing on euro server who wants to play?
there's those thinking more or less less is more
but if less is more how you're keeping score?
Means for every point you make
your level drops
kinda like its starting from the top
you can't do that...

Return to “Games”