Neverwinter

Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Neverwinter

Postby Leah » Wed May 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Anyone checked this out? I've been playing for a day now. It's quite a bit of fun. Totally free to play, too.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Re: Neverwinter

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Thu May 02, 2013 4:25 am

Downloading it as we speak. Looks pretty fun, though MMOs hardly hold my attention lately.
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 am

Isn't Sl a MMO?
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Thu May 02, 2013 6:46 am

Darius of Turia wrote:Isn't Sl a MMO?

SL isn't even a GAME, so it is hardly an MMO. Any game has to have a goal to achieve..., be it an endboss or whatever. SL has none of that, so basically it is, in its basic form, nothing but a virtual 3D chat really.

And I am SOOOO looking forward to play Neverwinter. Downloaded it and made two characters already. Now I can play my elf in an MMO, too :D

Thi sis gonna be fun for a D&D nerd like me. Was a bit disappointed that they offered so few gods though, and most of them goodly ones. Also, where is Lloth/Vhaeraun for the drow? :O
Tashiana
SL Name: Tashiana Ziplon
Caste: Panther
Role: Herlit
Home Stone: Sa Nahele

Postby Tashiana » Thu May 02, 2013 7:10 am

MMOs dont have to be games. And Yes SL is very much a MMO.
Dont ask ... just do.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu May 02, 2013 7:25 am

But not a MMORPG. :)
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Thu May 02, 2013 7:32 am

Glaucon wrote:But not a MMORPG. :)

This. The term MMO is hardly used as a standalone but usualy refers to MMORPG, which SL most certainly is not. So yes, MMOs in that sense always have a goal.
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Thu May 02, 2013 7:48 am

Frevet wrote:
Glaucon wrote:But not a MMORPG. :)

This. The term MMO is hardly used as a standalone but usualy refers to MMORPG, which SL most certainly is not. So yes, MMOs in that sense always have a goal.

Isn't the goal of SL that you spend as many L$s as possible and the big bossmob at the end is called "Linden Lab" - which to beat though they need to yet increase the level cap to 1000, and you need the magical sword called "500 mio US-Dollar" which is only dropped extremely rare and then also mostly in the game extension called "Real Life" which you can only access by slowing your Second Life internal advancement down tremendously.

Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu May 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Frevet wrote:And I am SOOOO looking forward to play Neverwinter. Downloaded it and made two characters already. Now I can play my elf in an MMO, too :D

Thi sis gonna be fun for a D&D nerd like me. Was a bit disappointed that they offered so few gods though, and most of them goodly ones. Also, where is Lloth/Vhaeraun for the drow? :O

I had to make my Shevarashi a follower of Corellon because it was the only Elven god available. Oh well. o_o

There's a background section you can edit at any time, so I may just change her deity there.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 pm

So to download the game and play are both free?
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/

Return to “Games”