Q: Celebrate the nerd within me.
alana
SL Name: alana quicksand

Re: "we Don't Need No Stinkin Badges", new game

Postby alana » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 am

Answer:
The Wizard

Quote:
I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring... which makes it like sex. There's never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn't have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I'd never sleep with a player hitting under .250... not unless he had a lot of RBIs and was a great glove man up the middle. You see, there's a certain amount of life wisdom I give these boys. I can expand their minds. Sometimes when I've got a ballplayer alone, I'll just read Emily Dickinson or Walt Whitman to him, and the guys are so sweet, they always stay and listen. 'Course, a guy'll listen to anything if he thinks it's foreplay. I make them feel confident, and they make me feel safe, and pretty. 'Course, what I give them lasts a lifetime; what they give me lasts 142 games. Sometimes it seems like a bad trade. But bad trades are part of baseball - now who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for God's sake? It's a long season and you gotta trust it. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:10 am

Bull Durham

Q: Aye, Angus pees his kilt all the time!
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Darby Bradley
SL Name: Darby Bradley
Caste: Shenanigan-er
Role: Tree-hugger
Home Stone: Who the hell knows.
Owner: Shiny Things
AkA: Darby Bradley

Postby Darby Bradley » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 pm

A. Highlander

Q. "No, this is not a food baby all right? I've taken like three pregnancy tests, and I'm forshizz up the spout. "
Perse
SL Name: Perse

Postby Perse » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 pm

A: Juno

Q: "Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
Reven
SL Name: ShortysweetResident
Caste: Lost
Role: Dazed
Home Stone: Confused
AkA: Reven

Postby Reven » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:28 pm

A. A League of their own

Q. I've lived long enough to see the future become history, Professor. Empires crumble. There are no exceptions.
Ignis - Shortysweet Resident
Hana - Sapphie Andrew

"I'm just enough crazy to be classed sane"

Return to “Games”