Cor
SL Name: Trenzos Dyrssen
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scholar
Home Stone: Ar
Owner: Kaissa

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby Cor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:05 am

Yeah, I tend to use the frag grenade strategy for the bosses. Practically three to five seconds of combat and then it finishes. It's kind of funny.

But the intention of the game was how you managed to get through the scene, whether through stealth, combat, hacking or social. It just had a variety of styles. Besides, there were many rewards, though I feel the game leant more towards Stealth, due to the vast experience points you get for being merciful, a ghost, etc.

The hacking did get tedious though, that's true. Towards the end, I simply just kept on nuking the nodes. I agree the ending could have been somewhat better. Oh well, perhaps I'll have to return to Deus Ex. It's somewhere on my shelf. I think.
“Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.”
Jason Susenko
SL Name: Jason Susenko
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Merchant

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby Jason Susenko » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Cor wrote:But the intention of the game was how you managed to get through the scene, whether through stealth, combat, hacking or social. It just had a variety of styles. Besides, there were many rewards, though I feel the game leant more towards Stealth, due to the vast experience points you get for being merciful, a ghost, etc.

I agree, but still:

It was after this battle that I realized my tranq rifle and l33t hax0rz skillz strategy wasn't gonna cut it for the rest of the game.
Jason Susenko
Sarus Rau
Marius Glaz

Return to “Games”