Game Trailers

Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Re: Game Trailers

Postby Cassie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:26 am

Leah wrote:
Cassie wrote:Vampire the Masquerade was my first approach to RP so I am quite nostalgic and even now White Wolf inspires vampire stories around the world everywhere. True blood's last season was incredibly close to a Camarilla/ Sabbath division.

I look forward to it in truth... the Masquerade version that is.

As long as they never go to the Requiem version. Ugh.

(And it's Sabbat :-P) :heart:

Omg I am so glad my game master does not read this thread, I even played the game Master for a Sabbat group :hiding:
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:00 am

Cassie wrote:Omg I am so glad my game master does not read this thread, I even played the game Master for a Sabbat group :hiding:

:D

:fryingpan:

I won't tell if you won't!
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZZ6Mpfh7c

Pre-loads for Rome II went live today, but the game will remain locked until release day, Tuesday 3rd September.

Pre-ordering the game now will give the Greek States DLC as a bonus(Sparta, Athens and Epirus). All other playable factions are listed here.

Two of the significant changes to strategy and battles will be the Province system and access to naval units in your coastal sieges. Every city belongs to a small group and when you control that cluster, you form a province and gain the bonuses.

I've rarely used siege units before, they slow down your armies and I prefer the mobility from a stack of mounted units. Now you can have both, with a fleet of artillery loaded ships along the coastline, supporting your land units in battle.

PM for multiplayer via Steam :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJTTsDiqDeY#t=59
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:12 pm

I quite like my Total War games. Such a boost to one's ego, feeling like a great general defeating a rather stupid AI time and time again with the same tricks. ;)

(I wasn't too bad in multiplayer, though).

This is the one game this year I am sure to buy. May do the pre-order, I guess (it looks like this one has far fewer available factions than their first Rome game). TW's games are made with a good deal of attention to detail. They are rather 'liberal' with their use of history (for game-play purposes and because 'fantasy elements appeal to players), but I do believe they do capture something of the spirit of war in the age they set their games in pretty well. And the additional info they provide is usually pretty solid as well.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Very buggy, unstable release for Total War: Rome 2 ... sadly, but apparently that's common for them. Hoping for some updates which make the campaign map more stable / less laggy soon.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Been playing it for a few hours, today. I am not sure what to make of it, really. :hrm:
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Glaucon wrote:Been playing it for a few hours, today. I am not sure what to make of it, really. :hrm:

And a few hours more, and I am pretty sure: the game is unfinished, rushed to make the release deadline, with planned content cut-out and not replaced by anything else, and lots of bugs remaining. It IS a Sega game, after all.

I will try it again, in a few months. Maybe patches & DLC's will fix it. Pitty. :pft:
Tantus

Postby Tantus » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 pm

It's definitely a beta version... and guess who the beta testers are! :D

Rome 1, had a better, usable interface. On one panel, you could see the full tech-tree for your faction and plan ahead. Now you're clicking back and forth, back and forth and their web-based encyclopaedia isn't up to date with the game.

UI tomfoolery aside, I'm having a better start with Egypt. Going back to a minimalist tactic of disbanding all units and defending naked for the first ~10 turns, until all cities have been upgraded.

Catapult and Ballista ships can be built early on, and I've seen them one-shot-sink enemy boats. They're essential! With three of these + the admiral, I took Epirus' capital. With catapults bombarding the beach, thinning down their spartan defenders. Then the admiral landed and chased off about 8 damaged units. It was a trial run... and it worked out.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Smart. But it is tactics like that working that do show the weakness of the AI of a game that is supposed to represent something semi-historical. Decent AI should be able to see you going pacifist for a while and it should react to it by occupying your cities. The AI in the previous TW title did, at least (somewhat). So, I don't quite understand why they could not at least replicate that level of artificial intelligence.

Also, I was a bit surprised at something else: They included some female characters in the game (though they clearly cut out the family tree and politics bit, even though it is the manual). Which is understandable (given the fact that there would be quite a few wanting to play with those) and given the fact that one could find some quasi historical justification for doing that (at least, there are some accounts of female rulers and some women participating in war in that period). But they didn't include those as leaders or something. Instead, they included them as scouts and military trainers and such, which makes probably even less sense than women as rulers for the period. Odd decisions.
Tantus

Postby Tantus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:46 am

There is a political element which eventually splits your territory into civil war. I expect some mods will be out before I reach that point, to tame the rebellion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k#t=345

Here's an interesting look at naval battles, from about 6 minutes in.

Return to “Games”