" The Following"

Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

" The Following"

Postby Torrid Streeter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 am

I havent missed an episode of this new show.

The Following is an American television drama/horror/suspense starring Kevin Bacon and created by Kevin Williamson. It premiered January 21, 2013 on Fox. It also stars James Purefoy and Natalie Zea. The first season will consist of 15 episodes.

Those who are watching it, what do you think?
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: " The Following"

Postby Victor. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 am

Still not liking Purefoy as the protagonist - I don't know why but he seems to over-act. Seeing him in more knucklehead roles probably spoilt me, but now that he tries to pull off the sophisticated college educator I have a hard time believing his performance.

Kevin Bacon is great in it though and the overall plot seems quite intriguing so far (might have missed the last episode, not sure).

Curious where it's heading despite having a hard time with the cast.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Kevin Bacon is suprisingly ok, not convinced by the rest of the show.
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 am

It has kept my interest so far. I wish they would involve the works of Poe a lot more - but I guess that is just the nerd in me.

I hate it that the main guy has to have an alcohol problem. It is so predictable - can they not come up with other issues for those people - does it always have to be drinking?
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:51 am

I saw the first four,movie episodes and i didn't like anything about it. Dropping it.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot

Postby Torrid Streeter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 am

I like the plot and how everything is interwined... I still feel that ther head FBI woman is involved.
Charles Simmons
Pelopidas

Postby Pelopidas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Most of the plot twists are too extreme to say the list, not to mention that its like a splatter movie. So much blood and corpses all over the place. I always disliked films or TV shows that tried to inflict terror by showing too much.
And if we gonna have a drama about serial killers and cops who are after them I'd like a scenario who most of the protagonists aren't romantically involve thank you very much. The serial killer is in prison and his ex wife is in love with the cop who caught him.

I almost puked. I'd prefer to go watch the politically/ family correct Criminal Minds.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot

Postby Torrid Streeter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm

* smiles* Criminal Minds....Now thats a show! However all of their "love" interests have been involved one time or another in the plot. JJ married a cop from a few shows, penelope with the computer geek, then dating a guy who tried to kill her, Reed's love interest was just killed. Both heads of the BAU had their spouses killed.That just goes to prove that most cop shows use that tactic.

I am also a horror fan so The Following is exceedingly MORE graphic than most shows out there.

BTW have you noticed that Criminal Minds is getting more graphic in what they are showing in the new episodes?
Charles Simmons
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Pelopidas wrote:Most of he serial killer is in prison and his ex wife is in love with the cop who caught him.

Yes, that bothers me too....a lot!
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Pelopidas

Postby Pelopidas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Torrid Streeter wrote:* smiles* Criminal Minds....Now thats a show! However all of their "love" interests have been involved one time or another in the plot. JJ married a cop from a few shows, penelope with the computer geek, then dating a guy who tried to kill her, Reed's love interest was just killed. Both heads of the BAU had their spouses killed.That just goes to prove that most cop shows use that tactic.

I am also a horror fan so The Following is exceedingly MORE graphic than most shows out there.

BTW have you noticed that Criminal Minds is getting more graphic in what they are showing in the new episodes?

I liked only the first two seasons of Criminal Minds, after Gideon left, it was never the same show, it became serial killers for the masses where the entire family can watch it eating pop corn. They made it into this typical pop culture show where the relationships between the protagonists seemed to matter more to the actual episode plots. Aside from some plots that ran for a number of episodes, most episode plots became...generic. That's why my above mention of Criminal Mindes was sarcastic.

And there were some cop shows where the story, the actual story that they wanted to tell, was above all this petty screenplay writing, The Wire...The Shield..

And anyway, even in Criminal Minds, you are now in season 8, ofc they will get it all messed up, they are running out of ideas, as Dexter has become so messed up recently, they simply have exhausted all possible plots and subplots. With The Following, the show is fucked up from the very beginning. Cops who fuck the ex-wives of serial killers, gay serial killers trying to turn guy straight serial killers in threesome with female serial killers. Police, FBI, who apparently cant guard anything. The screenplay is just crap.

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”