Re: The Bible and Vikings on History Channel March 3rd

Postby Pelopidas » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Why :D
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Pelopidas wrote:Why :D

Because it is a win win situation. You like the bs stories and it safes me a lot of :roll:
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Honestly i dont quite see why you people are picking on Danika. As far as i can tell, she didnt insult or attack anyone, she made another of her typical posts commenting on something while being a bit self centered. That's not a grave sin really, especially when you are young and all, and certainly there are worst behaviours to comment on this forum, if we start doing that, than Danika's. Maybe im missing something cause iv been away and disinterested for a long time or maybe exactly because i have been away and disinterested im seeing you people overeacting. I think if we start scrutinizing people so much, especially people who have been here along time, nobody will be left in the end to post in these forums.
Mynerva

Postby Mynerva » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Pelopidas wrote: Maybe im missing something ....

Yes.

Pelopidas wrote:Honestly i dont quite see why you people are picking on Danika.

That's not a grave sin really, especially when you are young and all...

seeing you people overeacting...

I think if we start scrutinizing people so much...

I am not overreacting, I am not scrutinizing, and NO - I am not freaking out ;)

I made fun of another one of Danika's Daddy stories, and yes, I mentioned the PhD program again she was in before she decided to join that graduate program she is in now. That is all...no overreacting or anything like that. Not different then Glaucon calling me an international lady of mystery. A title I wear proudly by the way ;tybow:

I Danika really is your friend - and you believe she is that young surfer girl in a PhD program - you should advice her not to connect her real life information (with last name, where she lives, where she goes to school, and so on) with her sl name and with the rp she does in sl. I know I would advice my friends not to do that - especially if they are young pretty girls. I would strongly advice then against it, actually.
Rosa Luxemburg
Pelopidas

The Bible and Vikings on History Channel March 3rd

Postby Pelopidas » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Well, she's not my friend, I'm still not sure what I'm missing since you didn't enlighten me and I'm not convinced that you people are picking on her cause you....want her to be more private for safety reasons.

In truth I'm just being argumentative to lure Oor and her nice adjectives in the debate, she tends to like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mynerva

Postby Mynerva » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Pelopidas wrote: I'm not convinced that you people are picking on her cause you....want her to be more private for safety reasons.

You people? :teehee:
Rosa Luxemburg
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm

pelo, i'm just as confused, too. not sure what got her started again... maybe i'm too self-centered? yes, and I talk a lot about myself and that's what annoys some people. I could do with more humility. couldn't we all? humility and respect for one another...

as for the degree program I’m in, it’s the same one, hasn’t changed... when I graduated from UCLA, I had some choices: Georgetown or UC Santa Barbara. I chose UCSB, closer to home (in a beautiful coastal town up the coast from LA my home) and it offers an MA/PhD program. you get your MA along the way while going for a PhD. same program I was in last year. I've never been in any graduate program but this one here at UCSB since graduating UCLA.

this is the school i'm at now: http://www.ucsb.edu

this is an overview of the graduate degree program I'm in for geography: http://www.graddiv.ucsb.edu/departments/?m=23

she is right, pelo, I do give too much about myself away online. but I don't think she's motivated by any desire to protect me. I feel no love or protectiveness coming from her. yet, there is a lot I don't say about myself. i’m open with people, very outspoken, I love people, but at arm's length and i'm at once actually very private in a lot of ways while appearing open... I suppose you could find me on campus but it would take some footwork. as for my father, (and uncle), they work in the entertainment industry and I have no interest in being involved or anywhere near it. I get no money from my parents for any of this stuff. other than a little support in the beginning for school, all the money I make is earned working a job and some tutoring. and I do some volunteer work. but everything I have now, I have earned on my own and I refuse money from my parents. support for me being in school comes from student loans, grants, my jobs.

I've sent links to some of my posts here on the gorean forums to my parents and friends. some of my friends are ok with it, maybe they scratch their heads a bit from time to time... but my father... my father’s reaction to these forums... well, he took me aside and told me these kinds of forums are a place for losers with too much time on their hands and why the hell was I wasting time here, blah blah blah. I love him but I disagree with him, I don't think the gorums are for losers. lot's of intelligent people here with thought provoking ideas and i’ve learned a lot here. trying to explain what I'm doing in SL Gor was an uphill battle. my parents are horrified by Gor and again insisted I'm wasting valuable time and resources. my father (notice I'm not saying daddy to please mynerva) - my father did see the journal that I kept during my time in Valkyrie and that is what caught his eye and earned his attention. not Gor. the Valkyrie journal. i always compete for my daddy’s attention. for some reason, my parents take my achievements with school for granted. so i wanted to try something different to get his attention. he was never around much when I was growing up. always away at work or like on assignment overseas. later my father saw my sim with new eyes and softened his stance a bit. and my uncle was like, you built this? i sent both my father and uncle pictures from my sim in story form and that led to positive attention. that and my journal.

but I get no money from my father for any of this. nothing. zip. all the money comes from the support of others. my Se, Mia, has been a huge supporter. other leaders like Robin and my council help support our sim, and the donations from my tribe, donations from the other tribe on my sim, donations from residents and visitors from around the world that come to visit and play on my sim every day and drop money into the waterfall donation stations. the kindness and generosity and support shown by others has truly astounded me. and i'm very, very grateful. one of the posters here, mav karu, once sent me $300 usd out of the blue to cover the sim tier early on when support was rocky starting out. Markz Weapons just moved his main store to the northwest corner skybox above Valkyrie Forest and technically leases a small parcel of land below it but he left that to us to keep all forested. he just paid 3 months in advance rent.

and the rest is simply out of pocket money from myself, my own earnings. nothing from my parents. i’m not sure how much longer i can do this. owing a sim is a lot of work. i barely have time to log in and deal with all the admin issues. even less time these days for roleplay. hitting the beach and doing a bit of surfing keeps me from losing my mind.

back on topic, (very much on topic!) here was a good scene from the movie, last temptation of Christ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747U-5FclqM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747U-5FclqM
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Mynerva is freaking out again.

:hiding:
Pelopidas

The Bible and Vikings on History Channel March 3rd

Postby Pelopidas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 am

Danika I can help you pay for you studies, I'd just need some, ehm, someone to show me around if I come to California? Mehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mynerva

Postby Mynerva » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:35 am

Glaucon wrote:Mynerva is freaking out again.

:hiding:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh: :fight: :pissed:
Rosa Luxemburg

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”