Join " The Revolution"!

Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Join " The Revolution"!

Postby Torrid Streeter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am

Ok admittedly I was a bit dubious but the first five minutes had me hooked! Yesterday I watched the first episode of a new TV show called " Revolution" . As the whole world loses all its power you see planes fall out of the sky, whole natiosn slipping into the darkness, then its 15 years later where the series picks up.
This is taken from NBC website about the show......

What would you do without it all? In this epic adventure from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions and "Supernatural's" Eric Kripke, a family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology - computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights - has mysteriously blacked out forever. A drama with sweeping scope and intimate focus, "Revolution" is also about family - both the family you're born into and the family you choose. This is a swashbuckling journey of hope and rebirth seen through the eyes of one strong-willed young woman, Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos, "Being Human"), and her brother Danny (Graham Rogers, "Memphis Beat"). When Danny is kidnapped by militia leaders for a darker purpose, Charlie must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles (Billy Burke, "The Twilight Saga"), a former U.S. Marine living a reclusive life. Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed, and if - or how - it will ever return.

The series also stars Anna Lise Phillips ("Animal Kingdom") as Maggie, Zak Orth ("Romeo + Juliet) as Aaron, JD Pardo ("A Cinderella Story") as Nate, Giancarlo Esposito ("Breaking Bad") as Captain Tom Neville, David Lyons ("The Cape") as Bass, Maria Howell ("The Blind Side") as Grace, Daniella Alonso ("Friday Night Lights") as Nora, Tim Guinee ("Iron Man") as Ben Matheson and Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost") as Rachel Matheson. Kripke, Abrams and Bryan Burk ("Lost," "Star Trek") serve as executive producers, and Jon Favreau ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") serves as co-executive producer. "Revolution" is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Favreau.

Love to hear what you all think about it! :lips:
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Maximus Chrome
SL Name: Maximus Chrome
Caste: Pew Pewer

Re: Join " The Revolution"!

Postby Maximus Chrome » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 pm

I watched the first episode and have my DVR setup to record the series. I personally found the acting a bit lacking and the environment trying to capitalize off of the hunger games movie. The super samurai Uncle Miles was kind of cheesy for sure and I can assure I would not be running around the woods with a bow dressed in some designer looking spun silk threads, like the undercover militia kid. Overall though, the concept is good so I will keep watching. Hopefully it will get better.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:27 am

I definitely think they are trying to save money on sets and see if it takes off. However I am liking the concept and he lead girl Charlie is absolutely stunning!
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Maximus Chrome
SL Name: Maximus Chrome
Caste: Pew Pewer

Postby Maximus Chrome » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:21 am

I actually liked the second episode alot better that the first so maybe there is hope after all. :hrm:
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 am

I checked out the youtube trailers.. looks like it could be a winner for me. :)
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:05 am

I watched the first two episodes. I didn't like it much. Sure, the lead girl is pretty, but her acting isn't great. Compared to her, Bella deserves an Oscar. The acting overall isn't great, even if it does have some decent actors, the writing isn't especially good: predictable, standard, run-of-the-mill dialogue. And production values are clearly so-so.

And worse of all... the whole concept... is just insulting to a lover of the 'science' in science fiction. I don't know what their big explanation of WHY all the phones went dead and flashlights went out and all the gasoline-fueled engines stopped working is (even though gunpowder still works, clearly, so it cannot have been basic chemistry that went bust), but whatever it is, alien or 'secret weapon', it is bound to be a big fuck-you to my sense of realism about technology. And the USA devolving into different republics in 15 years and people owning an American flag being hunted? Oh, please! That is a big fuck-you to my sense of realism about psychology, sociology and politics. Hard to suspend disbelief on that one.

To me, this series seems like a typical 'B' series, as compared to 'A' series like Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Homeland and so forth.

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”