Favorite TV shows

Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Re: Favorite TV shows

Postby Cassie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:30 am

Recently finished watching "Orange is the new Black" by Netflix.

Was weird to see Laura Prepon go from red to blonde and now to black hair and yet I like her character.
The same guy who made WEEDS so absurdities ensue on this series as well though for now I like the show and enjoy the bashing of the main character. Hope this one won't end up as sadly as WEEDS.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Garian wrote:
Oor wrote:
Garian wrote:Misfits is wrapping up with their final season. They changed much of the cast, but it's quite entertaining. Looking forward to how they will handle the story.

Episode 3 is on tonight!

Ah yeah, forgot about that! I have been watching that too - I still miss Nathan though, even now!

@Victor: I think the same, but at the same time, I have to give them credit. The short guy makes me laugh in unexpected ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CjCkzs3hHc

Trust me, I know what you mean! :D

"Such a beautiful instrument!" "Elton John seems to like it...the pianos, likes the pianos, don't he.." :lol:
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Okay, soooo this new season I have tried watching quite a bit and this my Thumbs up and thumbs down picks.

Hostage: I wasn't really interested in it but decided to give it a shot. The concept was interesting, but the characters just left me blahing. The amount of crap wrong with the doctors family was just to unbelievable and I quit watching it after the pilot.

Ironside: I had high hopes for this show, but I didn't even make it past the first episode. I just didn't like the way it was filmed or laid out. It just never "caught me". I couldn't get into it.

Sleep Hollow: I had high hopes for this one as well, and while I think Ichabod is a total hotty, I just can't get into the plot. It's almost like it is trying to hard to be "Buffy" but using to many adults. LOL. I still DVR it, but I cant get into it.

Agents of Shield: Okay, so the hubby wanted to watch this, and I was curious how they would pull it off as well. To best honest, it is pretty good. Not my favorite show of the season, but not to bad either. The comedy is light, the characters are lovable, the plots are decent. It's a thumbs up in my book.

Reign: My husband looks at me like I have lost my mind whenever I sit down to watch this. I WANTED to hate it. LOL Something about channel 11 shows gets under my skin and I really just didn't want to like it...but damn if it isn't one of my favorite shows. The characters are intense, and nice on the eyes, the plot is interesting, it fills the conspiracy need in me. I find myself screaming at the TV when I watch this, and thats always a good sign of a great show LOL. This is a Thumbs Up!

The Blacklist: Holy Shit. Good does not begin to cover this show, it is intense, witty, with a great plot. The "indepth" storyline is a tad predictable...but what they do with it is anything but. We watch on the edge of our seats every time it comes on.

Almost Human: I really wanted this one to be good. I had my doubts that it would, a lot of these sci fi shows never pan out. I am happy to say that it is great! The lead men are relateable, the premise is interesting, the plot thus far is good. Thumbs Up!

Thats about it for the new shows I have been watching.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 pm

I watched 3 episodes of Agents of Shield. Won't work, for me. As usual with anything involving superhero's (with Watchmen being the exception), I found it to be extremely silly, predictable, and childish. Sorry. Supernatural stuff is fine with me. But them superheroes? I have friends with PhD's talking seriously about the 'psychology' of Spiderman vs. Captain America. I... just can't.

Almost Human... that is the US version, right?

Thanks for the tips.
Garian
SL Name: Garian Vidor

Postby Garian » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:49 pm

:lol: The latest episode of Misfits was hilarious.

I laughed when I saw the guy that plays the probation worker appear in The White Queen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBP_cuh-up8

I watch Reign when it's on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpcOUiJJdc

American Horror Story's first season was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cFhUp_2N00

I'm enjoying the second season a lot more now that I'm through most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzPBZa4Q94

I watched the pilot of Camelot and Dracula. I'm uncertain if I'll continue to watch them.

This is probably similar to Almost Human:
Intelligence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMayn0vdCpM

That airs Jan 7th on CBS. Based on the novel Phoenix Island. I have never read it, but now I'm imagining Sawyer from Lost is brought back to the island with the internet in his head.
GariansGoreanGuide.tumblr.com

"In the heart of every male, there is a Gorean, even if only a secret, concealed Gorean."
Rebels of Gor
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Ceri the Urt wrote:Reign: My husband looks at me like I have lost my mind whenever I sit down to watch this. I WANTED to hate it. LOL Something about channel 11 shows gets under my skin and I really just didn't want to like it...but damn if it isn't one of my favorite shows. The characters are intense, and nice on the eyes, the plot is interesting, it fills the conspiracy need in me. I find myself screaming at the TV when I watch this, and thats always a good sign of a great show LOL. This is a Thumbs Up!

The Blacklist: Holy Shit. Good does not begin to cover this show, it is intense, witty, with a great plot. The "indepth" storyline is a tad predictable...but what they do with it is anything but. We watch on the edge of our seats every time it comes on.

:yeahthat:
These are my two favorites this season. Add in the latest season of Walking Dead and The Good Wife and I'm all set for TV time.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:23 am

I tried to like Reign. I really did. But there were so many little things that were off, like clothing, mannerisms, even the hair, that I just..it drove me nuts.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 am

Leah wrote:I tried to like Reign. I really did. But there were so many little things that were off, like clothing, mannerisms, even the hair, that I just..it drove me nuts.

Let me guess.... bloody Mary is turned into a saint? I am curious what is off about it, exactly. The more serious historical drama series I have seen from the last decade or so tend to be pretty good when it comes to clothing, hair and so forth. Like that Rome series. And the 'Stuarts'. The Borgias with Jeremy Irons took more liberties but was pretty good on the overall 'look' department as well, I think.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 am

Glaucon wrote:
Leah wrote:I tried to like Reign. I really did. But there were so many little things that were off, like clothing, mannerisms, even the hair, that I just..it drove me nuts.

Let me guess.... bloody Mary is turned into a saint? I am curious what is off about it, exactly. The more serious historical drama series I have seen from the last decade or so tend to be pretty good when it comes to clothing, hair and so forth. Like that Rome series. And the 'Stuarts'. The Borgias with Jeremy Irons took more liberties but was pretty good on the overall 'look' department as well, I think.

I never got that far. I started ranting at my mother about the clothing styles, and something about the shoes (I can't remember exactly what, but they weren't right, it looked like they went down to Payless and bought some dress shoes :roll: ). The hairstyles and the general behavior on the part of the various characters.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 am

I'll have a peek. Maybe I won't notice (I am very much that guy that doesn't notice the new 400 dollar pair of shoes you are wearing). ;)

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”