Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: The Game of Thrones

Postby Leah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:@ Leah

Sansa starts out in Winterfell and creams her jeans over Joff when she first meets him. With her little bits getting bothered. Joff turns out to be a little twat and gets Arya's friend killed. Then she comes south to the tournament for Robert, and she is passed the token by Loras - and is completely swooning for him. While Ned is alive they set a wedding for her with Joff and she's swooning for him again.

After Ned is dead and Joff is promised off to Madge she's pointed towards Loras again and her little bits start dripping again.

Thats four times she changes her mind...

I'll put it to you this way. If you just had ''First Blood!'' and Justin Beiber put your father to death....would you trust Lance Bass to treat you any better?

I have no idea who Lance Bass is, but if you came from an extremely sheltered background where you were taught from the cradle that everyone around you is honorable, and if you were basically just a child (consider that she hadn't even had her first period when this started, she's 14 as of this season), yeah, I might. It's pretty easy to say, "Joffrey and the Lannisters are just evil, but everyone else might not be."
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Leah wrote:I have no idea who Lance Bass is,

You are either very young or very old cause even dudes like me and Bear know who he is :lol:
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Glaucon wrote:So, all-in-all, I guess that it is a happy coincidence that Sansa isn't 'sexy'. Lets hope that no little fact-bit turns up that proves that Margaery Tyrell was really 17 or something, so we will all have to mentally 'unsexy' her. :roll:

Going by the books, she's the same age as Robb Stark by the end of this season, which would make her ~16. In the series, however, her age has yet to be established. But it's likely she's 16.

Which is still better than lusting after a 13 year old or expecting her to be sexy. At thirteen. I mean, geeze, Sansa is so sheltered she actually thinks that the vulgar term for dung is "shift." :-P

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Theoden wrote:

You are either very young or very old cause even dudes like me and Bear know who he is :lol:

Google helps.

The dude from N'Sync? Ew.

Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Theoden wrote:

You love Bieber songs, too. :lol:

Oh yeah, Beauty and a Beat...

About Sansa, I find her hot too. I don't think of her as a thirteen year old girl. She seems all woman to me. Whereas Arya is definitely still played as a kid.
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Auron Gravus wrote:About Sansa, I find her hot too. I don't think of her as a thirteen year old girl. She seems all woman to me. Whereas Arya is definitely still played as a kid.

Well, the actress who plays her is 17. I don't know, I have a hard time thinking of her as a woman, given some of her behavior. Like, think of the scene where she meets Shae. Classic teenager right there.

Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:09 pm

She's incredibly sheltered, don't get me wrong. She is fragile, impulsive, childish, etc. But, it doesn't take away from her beauty. She is a beautiful character...whiny...but beautiful. She's very feminine in the traditional (and sexist, lol) sense of the word.
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Auron Gravus wrote:She's incredibly sheltered, don't get me wrong. She is fragile, impulsive, childish, etc. But, it doesn't take away from her beauty. She is a beautiful character...whiny...but beautiful. She's very feminine in the traditional (and sexist, lol) sense of the word.

Ahh...yes, she is extremely pretty. Of course, for most of the first season I had a hard time noticing that she was pretty because I was too busy wanting to strangle her. :hrm:

Ghost
SL Name: Ghost of a chance
Caste: of thousands
Role: with the punches
Home Stone: more weight
Owner: H'ish or J'ish
AkA: tsk tsk

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 am

The books play with the medieval concept that outer physical beauty is a sign of inner virtue. In contrast to Shakespeare's hunchback Richard the third, Tyrion is deformed and good, while seen as bad by the characters around him. The Hound is basically good etc etc. Cersi is externally beautiful, internally ugly.

Sansa is the bench mark, she is neither attractive nor unattractive her personality is much the same. In a way she is the everyman, the not too bright not too stupid, not too brave not too cowardly, not too virtuous not too morally corrupt. I think she is very much worth watching as a character because of that.

It would not work if the actress played her sexily, because that would disturb the playing out of the theme/concept. She (the actress) is playing a character that is going through a maturation process. Like us, she is being forced to learn the game of thrones.

I can't wait for the Sand Vipers!!! :popcorn:
"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a song sing it" Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu ;)
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 am

Ghost wrote:The books play with the medieval concept that outer physical beauty is a sign of inner virtue. In contrast to Shakespeare's hunchback Richard the third, Tyrion is deformed and good, while seen as bad by the characters around him. The Hound is basically good etc etc. Cersi is externally beautiful, internally ugly.

Quote true for some. Not for everyone. Jon, Rob, and their dad... all handsome. And clearly mostly 'good'. And the 'mother of dragons' isn't really the uggliest duckling in the books either. But yes, there is the obvious notion that deformaty equals bad and beauty equals good, in the semi-medieval culture of the books, while Martin clearly has a thing for underdogs.

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”