Re: The Game of Thrones

Postby Idunn Sabra » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

no idea if someone put it already but..
im dying
laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3-aPNg3j8

Postby ... » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 pm

In the books, during the meeting with Margaery and the Queen of Thorns, Sansa wasn't offered marriage to Loras. She was offered marriage to a cripple back in Highgarden, Willas. And she accepted gratefully, in order to flee King's Landing and get out of reach of the Lannisters - Joffrey particularly.

While the change in the arrangements for the TV show probably won't have had that profound an effect on the story...

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
though that's difficult to be certain of, given that both Sansa and Willas are alive and well with more books to come

...it's certainly had a more than subtle effect on the way the character Sansa is perceived. Yes, she's young and silly, and she's led a privileged life and wants nothing more than to be a pampered lady... but she's also not so stupidly devoted to those aims that she'd forfeit her sanity or safety for them (even if in the TV show she currently seems to be). She didn't agree to marry a Tyrell because he was a handsome, lovely lord (Loras is in the Kingsguard by now anyway and the Kingsguard do not marry). She did it to at the promise of residence in highgarden and escape from KL.

And then Tywin married her off to Tyrion, because he rocks and that. <3
Nazira
SL Name: Babybear Serenity
Owner: Revenge Sempati

Postby Nazira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:34 pm

I think what really rocks is how Tywin meets his end. :clap:

Postby ... » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Put it in spoilers for the people that don't even know that's gonna happen yet :P
Nazira
SL Name: Babybear Serenity
Owner: Revenge Sempati

Postby Nazira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Crap, I can't edit my post.

I just assumed everyone was aware that all of the characters are DOOMED.
Like Peter Dinklage Tweeted:
Peter Dinklage 3 Jun
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention." -(hashtag)-GameOfThrones -(hashtag)-RainsOfCastamere
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Nazira wrote:Crap, I can't edit my post.

I just assumed everyone was aware that all of the characters are DOOMED.
Like Peter Dinklage Tweeted:
Peter Dinklage 3 Jun
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention." -(hashtag)-GameOfThrones -(hashtag)-RainsOfCastamere

I'm looking forward to that.

But not nearly as much as I'm looking forward to Joffrey's Wedding. *rubs hands together*
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Oor wrote:In the books, during the meeting with Margaery and the Queen of Thorns, Sansa wasn't offered marriage to Loras. She was offered marriage to a cripple back in Highgarden, Willas. And she accepted gratefully, in order to flee King's Landing and get out of reach of the Lannisters - Joffrey particularly.

While the change in the arrangements for the TV show probably won't have had that profound an effect on the story...

though that's difficult to be certain of, given that both Sansa and Willas are alive and well with more books to come

...it's certainly had a more than subtle effect on the way the character Sansa is perceived. Yes, she's young and silly, and she's led a privileged life and wants nothing more than to be a pampered lady... but she's also not so stupidly devoted to those aims that she'd forfeit her sanity or safety for them (even if in the TV show she currently seems to be). She didn't agree to marry a Tyrell because he was a handsome, lovely lord (Loras is in the Kingsguard by now anyway and the Kingsguard do not marry). She did it to at the promise of residence in highgarden and escape from KL.

And then Tywin married her off to Tyrion, because he rocks and that. <3

I admit, I found it a bit odd how they characterized the situation between Sansa and the Tyrells in the show. Mainly because it muddied up the waters in the show as to why Sansa agreed to what she agreed to. There's no doubt in the books that she was completely willing to marry Willas because she wanted away from Joffrey. But I guess that since they appear to have merged Loras and Willas in the show, they couldn't quite manage that.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Such small alterations make perfect sense to me. The show already has a large cast. It helps to merge some characters. Still plenty left to go around (even if two thirds get killed). ;)

Postby ... » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:36 pm

None of us can really know whether they make sense or not, given that the book series is not yet completed.

If the final scene in the books is the victorious Tyrell cripple draping a cloak over the pretty shoulders of the redheaded Stark girl as they get set to rule the seven kingdoms together, it's won't be that small of an alteration, after all.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Oor wrote:None of us can really know whether they make sense or not, given that the book series is not yet completed.

If the final scene in the books is the victorious Tyrell cripple draping a cloak over the pretty shoulders of the redheaded Stark girl as they get set to rule the seven kingdoms together, it's won't be that small of an alteration, after all.

If that was Martin's plan, he probably would have told the writers NOT to make this alteration, you'd think. Or I do, at least. :hrm:

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”