The Game of Thrones

Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: The Game of Thrones

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Can't wait for the next season:

“Who knows more of gods than I?
Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air… I know them all. I have seen their people garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy… protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence.”
He laughed.
“Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray.”

— A Feast for Crows, Euron Greyjoy

They better not leave out this character.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Truly bizarre:

BBC wrote:
Former Casualty actor Clive Mantle has told a court how his ear was partly bitten off in an attack by two men who felled him "like two hyenas bringing down an old water buffalo".

The 56-year-old Game of Thrones star, who was working locally, told the court his ear was bitten three times outside his room in the attack on 24 March.

The actor told the jury his ear was bitten while he was pinned to the floor.

But Robin Patton, defending Mr McGilvray, accused Mr Mantle of losing his temper and running at the two men, who are both from Hamilton.

He said the actor knocked Mr McGilvray to the ground and ended up on top of him.

"You took out Philip McGilvray, he did not stand a chance and with your weight, you took him to the ground," Mr Patton said.

The actor replied "absolutely not" and said he was "flabbergasted" at this claim.

On Tuesday, Mr Mantle told the court that his "guardian angel" Alice Klenk, a nurse who was staying at the hotel, had heard the fighting and came out of her room.

She grabbed the drunken defendants by the scruff of the neck to stop the attack, the jury heard.

Mr Mantle told the court that after her intervention he "looked down on the floor and there was my ear lying on the carpet".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYE3_GGVcU
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 am

Game of thrones starting soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t81xts8fIZM
Theoden

Postby Theoden » Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Game of Thrones if it turned into trashy daytime television like Jerry Springer.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/i ... s-on-maury

:D :fryingpan:
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 am

In all truth after the finale I am more curious what people think of the differences the tv show has with the books.

Personally I enjoy being surprised with new elements because a book can never replace fully a tv show and also the opposite i true. I think they did a pretty good job.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
I thought the fight between Brianne and the Hound was brilliant and not only because I love both characters but because they did zoom on their personality. Pushing Brianne to fight dirty because the Hound finds the entire knighthood a bunch crap was well portrayed.
As for Tyrion I did enjoy him killing Shae but I feel like the one character who never had to resort to killing has been tainted into the rest of the murderous pile. I just didn't want him to ever have to resort to thank kind of thing, like he was the last standing in proving a point against useless violence.
They also decided to give some action to Bran's story, a good thing to do at this point, I am just a little curious how much they will push his side since I think the books showed Bran with the tree guy last anyways.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Torolf Fenrirson
SL Name: firstleviathan
Caste: Torvaldslander
Role: Kur Hunter
AkA: The Mountain Troll

Postby Torolf Fenrirson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:17 pm

So far, in almost all of the instances that the TV show has deviated from the books, I have found those deviations to do a better job of keeping the plot going in a logical direction and fashion compared to the way the books show it. In the end, so far at least, the show has managed to bring things around so that the major plot directions from the book are kept intact in the show. It's only the minor bits on timing and characters that have been altered here and there. The show's writers are doing a better job of telling the story than GRRM at this point imo.
Theoden

Postby Theoden » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Man, that Valar Morgulis scene was epic. I've been waiting for that to finally happen, forever.

Was SO torn with the hound and brienne of tarth scene. Didn't want either to die.

Tyrion turning into a dark character is exciting. Even though Tywin was one of my favorite characters.

I feel like Shae's side of the story needed a bit more elaboration. Not sure if that is more explained in the books or not.

Can't wait til next season. I hope the same actor behind the faceless man makes an appearance again, though I kinda liked his first costume face more than the face that was revealed after. (first actor than the second).
Torolf Fenrirson
SL Name: firstleviathan
Caste: Torvaldslander
Role: Kur Hunter
AkA: The Mountain Troll

Postby Torolf Fenrirson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Responding inside the quote Theo.

Theoden wrote:
Was SO torn with the hound and brienne of tarth scene. Didn't want either to die.

I doubt the hound is really dead. Recall that in the books, there's an indication that he's very much alive and trying to sucker Jamie into meeting with him, or, it's possible it's him trying to arrange the meeting.

Tyrion turning into a dark character is exciting. Even though Tywin was one of my favorite characters.

Tyrion was well within his rights to do what he did and still be thought of as a hero. The only thing he didn't do is kill that cunt of a sister of his. Shame, that.

I feel like Shae's side of the story needed a bit more elaboration. Not sure if that is more explained in the books or not.

It's not. Shae got far more face time in the show than in the book, and Tyrion's only motive for killing her in the book (not that it's a bad motive) was finding her in her dad's bed like he did in the show. In the books, she didn't fuck him over during his trial. It's one of those minor deviations that really helps you HATE shae enough for her to die the way she did in the books and in the show.

Can't wait til next season. I hope the same actor behind the faceless man makes an appearance again, though I kinda liked his first costume face more than the face that was revealed after. (first actor than the second).

He wasn't in the books, and that's a shame. Chances are, he will be back on the show, since it would kinda tie in better and make a little more sense, but we'll see.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:05 am

@Theo and Torolf

Shae did testify against him in the books. But Torolf is right in as much as very little is revealed about her background. I think they indicated though she was around 18 years old.

Jaqen H'ghar was in the books and it is the belief of some fans that he appears in other forms - perhaps even Syrio Forel.

And that is the end of my GoT BTB moment LOL.

In terms of the other changes from the books the only one I didn't like involved Jon Snow in the previous episode:

Snow did not volunteer to go speak to Mance as he did in the show. In fact, he was tried as a traitor and his sentence was to go parley with Mance. The writers completely skipped this aspect of Jon's story. It was the hope of Slynt and Thorne that he would actually be killed by the wildlings when he met with them.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/

Return to “Movies/Books/Art/TV Etc.”