And Now SL's Economy is in F---- Trouble

Garian
SL Name: Garian Vidor

Re: And Now SL's Economy is in F---- Trouble

Postby Garian » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:Can you imagine how Breaking Bad would have played out if Walter White was told about Second Life? :P

Skylar, there is a second life account with a little over 18 billion linden.
GariansGoreanGuide.tumblr.com

"In the heart of every male, there is a Gorean, even if only a secret, concealed Gorean."
Rebels of Gor
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:They have actually been planning on doing this since 2009 with the new administration. Very nice slap in the face for many while we are into this second term's ... That was excellent planning.

http://www.neowin.net/news/irs-to-tax-second-lifeworld-of-warcraft-earnings-3

They may go back seven years worth of your transactions and all my good friends out there might owe the USA some back-taxes.

:D

It's ok. All the money is going to a good cause. You trust the US government.. Right?

I don't understand them taxing transactions in World of Warcraft? o_O The only actual money transactions that take place are between the subscriber and the company, and I thought those were already taxed. Any real money transactions outside of that are illegal per the TOS and Blizzard will ban you if they catch you (and they DO catch people).
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Danika Stenvaag wrote:... Total turn off. They're murdering their cash cow.

Dani...

This has nothing to do with the Lindens. This is the IRS pushing this. Linden Labs and their enterprise is their current target to extract money.

This is your Government. Embrace it with a big smile and expect all things good from them. ;)

Leah,
You know as well as anyone that you can make a living actually farming virtual goods in WoW. It's ok... They are only taking one bowl of rice away out of the week's pay from Chen Chun to help pay for someone's phone in the United States, It's fair taxation and stuff.. Glaucon is cool with it. So it's fine. :wave:
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Leah,
You know as well as anyone that you can make a living actually farming virtual goods in WoW. It's ok... They are only taking one bowl of rice away out of the week's pay from Chen Chun to help pay for someone's phone in the United States, It's fair taxation and stuff.. Glaucon is cool with it. So it's fine. :wave:

No, you really can't. The people who are doing the gold selling aren't gold farmers anymore. They compromise accounts and take other people's in-game gold and goods. They don't farm them up themselves.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Bitcoin 4 lyfe *brofist*
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Now all we need to do is get Bit coin credit cards... we can build our virtual goods... sell them in our virtual SL world...

Then!!!

We can go down to the corner... get an ounce of our new legalized weed and hit up that chick on the corner for a RL BJ who takes Bitcoin too...

Oor Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you? ... and your ass.. I appreciate your ass !
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 pm

CONSENSUAL NARCOTICS FOLLOWED BY A CONSENSUAL SEX ACT, ALL EXCHANGED FOR THE PRECISE AMOUNT THAT CONSENSUAL ADULTS ARE WILLING TO BUY/SELL THEM FOR?!??!?!?!??!!

DON'T BE RIDICULOUS, NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN SO DETRIMENTAL TO MANKIND!

You better appreciate me. I'm awesome.

Like this horse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl9_5kK9ts
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Return to “News”