My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes

Total votes: 22
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Could someone point out my article to Kait, Think she has me foe'd/ muted. Little tid-bit she should see.

You aren't FOE'd. It is easy enough to ignore you unlike the nutty naked avatar pictures that Danika posts. Besides, heaven forbid you should feel bullied. I decided to leave you to Glaucon and Oor's gentle touch. :silent:

I did see your irrelevant article offering several examples of self-deprecating humor 16 years before this incident. Let me know when you find something, anything, that offers up facts on this alleged incident or perhaps his behavior with his other CHILDREN when they were underage.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:54 pm

@ Kaitlin: I will be gentle with him.

Hawt Sommer wrote:http://www.missingkids.com/KeyFacts

My source "National Center for missing and exploited children"

Is that a fear-mongering agency? If so, that would be the first time I heard that.

Well, that page with the 'key facts' clearly is. 800.000 missing children? Where? In the whole world? The USA? What time period? Since the dawn of time, or last year? (Clearly not since last year). Does this include child soldiers gone missing in African civil wars?

They probably got the number from somewhere, but this is not how you present a 'fact'. It is a PR blurb. Please donate.

Funny how you'd argue that those climate experts are all self-serving liars trying to create a panic about climate change so they can get money and jobs, while you take this bit of PR at face value. Did you even look at the actual number of amber alerts I linked?
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Glaucon wrote:Well, that page with the 'key facts' clearly is. 800.000 missing children? Where? In the whole world? The USA? What time period? Since the dawn of time, or last year? (Clearly not since last year). Does this include child soldiers gone missing in African civil wars?

The number is pretty bogus for a few reasons. If you look at the total 800K you will find that 340K were "Missing with Benign Explanation" or in simple English the person misplaced their kid and then called the police. I just saw twins lost in the furniture store yesterday without a parent in sight. They couldn't have been more than about 5. Another 357K were runaways which is one of the points Oor was making. Even the remaining 100K is suspect if you get beyond the fact this was a study done in 2002.

Definitely PR material that feeds into the current hysteria.

Once upon a time... Kait
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Hawt, while studies undertaken by NGOs about their pet cause can be reliable, they should always be checked against secondary sources. The 'worse' the problem appears the more funding the NGO gets, so they're renowned for massaging their figures and presentation of such.

I'd wager that "800,000 abducted children" in the US is about as accurate as the "100,000-300,000 child sex trafficking victims" spouted by trafficking fetishists. That is to say: not at all.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Kaitlin wrote: As far as any "bias", I never suggested Moses was making a "medical" assessment of the situation since he is quite clear that he is speaking as another member of the family and his observations of what occurred. That doesn't discount his background. If professionals are an authoritative source then at this point Dylan is batting a fat 0.

Glaucon was saying that Moses' word carried more weight because he's a licensed therapist. But, he's biased - and he would be biased even if he took her side. He's got familial ties to the situation, so his profession absolutely shouldn't be considered when weighing the value of his opinion.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Leah wrote:Glaucon was saying that Moses' word carried more weight because he's a licensed therapist.

Nope. I wasn't. Didn't even mention it. And sure, he is probably biased. Everyone involved is going to be biased.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Oh, and at Hawt:

Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including those of marginalized citizens.

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.

But only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

For example, the federal government counted 840,279 missing persons cases in 2001. All but about 50,000 were juveniles, classified as anyone younger than 18.

The National Center for Missing Adults, based in Phoenix, consistently tracks about 48,000 "active cases," says president Kym Pasqualini, although that number has been bumped up by nearly 11,000 reports of persons missing after this year's hurricanes.

In a phone interview, Pasqualini said a breakdown of the 48,000 cases reveals the democratic nature of America's missing persons.

Slightly more than half—about 25,500—of the missing are men. About four out of 10 missing adults are white, three of 10 black and two of 10 Latino.

Among missing adults, about one-sixth have psychiatric problems. Young men, people with drug or alcohol addictions and elderly citizens suffering from dementia make up other significant subgroups of missing adults.

About half of the roughly 800,000 missing juvenile cases in 2001 involved runaways, and another 200,000 were classified as family abductions related to domestic or custody disputes.

Only about 100 missing-child reports each year fit the profile of a stereotypical abduction by a stranger or vague acquaintance.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/americas_missing/2.html

And, these roughly 100 cases are the missing child reports, of which only a portion turn out to be real child abductions, or possible child abductions (in case it remains unknown because the child stays missing and the investigation following the disappearance doesn't shed light on the matter either.). Amber alerts do not go out for each of these missing child reports, but, apparently, are only used in cases where an abduction by an unknown person/stranger seems quite likely and where the police believes an alert will really help. It seems they don't want to 'over-use' the tool by sending these alerts out too regularly, which might potentially 'blunt' the instrument, I'd guess.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Straight from the horses mouth...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/opinion/sunday/woody-allen-speaks-out.html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

TWENTY-ONE years ago, when I first heard Mia Farrow had accused me of child molestation, I found the idea so ludicrous I didn’t give it a second thought. We were involved in a terribly acrimonious breakup, with great enmity between us and a custody battle slowly gathering energy. The self-serving transparency of her malevolence seemed so obvious I didn’t even hire a lawyer to defend myself. It was my show business attorney who told me she was bringing the accusation to the police and I would need a criminal lawyer.

I naïvely thought the accusation would be dismissed out of hand because of course, I hadn’t molested Dylan and any rational person would see the ploy for what it was. Common sense would prevail. After all, I was a 56-year-old man who had never before (or after) been accused of child molestation. I had been going out with Mia for 12 years and never in that time did she ever suggest to me anything resembling misconduct. Now, suddenly, when I had driven up to her house in Connecticut one afternoon to visit the kids for a few hours, when I would be on my raging adversary’s home turf, with half a dozen people present, when I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I’d go on to marry — that I would pick this moment in time to embark on a career as a child molester should seem to the most skeptical mind highly unlikely. The sheer illogic of such a crazy scenario seemed to me dispositive.

Notwithstanding, Mia insisted that I had abused Dylan and took her immediately to a doctor to be examined. Dylan told the doctor she had not been molested. Mia then took Dylan out for ice cream, and when she came back with her the child had changed her story. The police began their investigation; a possible indictment hung in the balance. I very willingly took a lie-detector test and of course passed because I had nothing to hide. I asked Mia to take one and she wouldn’t.

And what I have always felt was the most damaging to any accusations of child abuse in this instance

Meanwhile the Connecticut police turned for help to a special investigative unit they relied on in such cases, the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital. This group of impartial, experienced men and women whom the district attorney looked to for guidance as to whether to prosecute, spent months doing a meticulous investigation, interviewing everyone concerned, and checking every piece of evidence. Finally they wrote their conclusion which I quote here: “It is our expert opinion that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen. Further, we believe that Dylan’s statements on videotape and her statements to us during our evaluation do not refer to actual events that occurred to her on August 4th, 1992... In developing our opinion we considered three hypotheses to explain Dylan’s statements. First, that Dylan’s statements were true and that Mr. Allen had sexually abused her; second, that Dylan’s statements were not true but were made up by an emotionally vulnerable child who was caught up in a disturbed family and who was responding to the stresses in the family; and third, that Dylan was coached or influenced by her mother, Ms. Farrow. While we can conclude that Dylan was not sexually abused, we can not be definite about whether the second formulation by itself or the third formulation by itself is true. We believe that it is more likely that a combination of these two formulations best explains Dylan’s allegations of sexual abuse.”

I still don't know with 100% certainty, but I can appreciate this statement a hell of a lot more than a letter to the world demanding someone be treated like a criminal who has never been proven to be one by any measure a logical person would consider.

I feel an enormous amount of sympathy for child abuse victims but I feel an equal amount of sympathy for the men who are falsely accused of such a heinous act and the men who guard their actions because of a reasonable fear that it could happen to them. These false accusations deprive our children of the attention, influence and love they deserve.

Once upon a time... Kait
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Leah wrote:Glaucon was saying that Moses' word carried more weight because he's a licensed therapist.

Nope. I wasn't. Didn't even mention it. And sure, he is probably biased. Everyone involved is going to be biased.

Ah, you're right. I got you mixed up with Kaitlin. Apologies!
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Leah wrote:
Glaucon wrote:

Ah, you're right. I got you mixed up with Kaitlin. Apologies!

I never stated his opinion carried more weight because he was a family therapist. I find him to be more credible than Dylan based on his accounts of the family dynamics before and leading up to the accusation.

I mentioned his role because it can't be denied that he would have a clear understanding if the events that followed the accusation by other professionals were in keeping with normal protocol.

Once upon a time... Kait

Return to “News”