My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes

Total votes: 22
Hawt Sommer

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:55 pm

More "Juicy" food for thought:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20066950,00.html

He goes on: "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all."

and four years later, he hooks up with Mia.

So in 1976 he makes that statement above... and seems very 'Matter of Fact' then in 92... He fights tooth and nail at actual allegations calling them unfounded and disgusting. ;)
Last edited by Hawt Sommer on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:and four years later, He marries Mia.

He was never actually married to Mia. :problem:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Correct. Forgot that, I was still editing.

Point is... this is like someone proudly calling themselves a "Crack Addict" then when someone calls them a crack addict- They get offended.
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:28 pm

50% of child molest accusations are false. Often caused by angry mothers or ambitious therapists.

The father of a collegea of me was falsely accused by his psychic daughter who suddenly remembered being abused 30 years ago by daddy,none of her sisters and brothers ever had any problems with him, Even a won trial could however not stop Christian journalists to destroy this Reverends reputation.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:
In 1999 (most comprehensive study was 14 years ago) Approximately 800,000 children younger than 18 have been reported missing,

U.S. law enforcement agencies have seen a dramatic increase in cases of sexual exploitation of children since the 1990s. According to a report to Congress in 2010.

You're probably right. People are simply overreacting... and have a sick mentality because there really is no problem here at all. :?

800.000 children abducted by child abusers in 1999 in the US? Right. Make an effort and look up some REAL figures (and not the alarmist nonsense) and you will see that, fortunately, the number of children actually abducted by strangers is very small.

For example, check these US amber alert statistics:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/amber-alert-statistics/

2011: Total amber alerts: 16, total children abducted by strangers: 2. Total amount of people living in the USA in that year: 310 million.

You obviously buy into the BS sold by the fear-mongers.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:I'm not going after anything that is legal.

That's alright then. Because what is 'legal' or not is divinely inspired and not at all rooted in puritanical fascism or anything.

Like legalized adult consensual hamster sex.. oh wait.. can't do that... Ummm Goat sex?

It's very easy. Can't fuck anything that has or did have a pulse without valid consent. Valid consent requires being of legal age and sound mind. While 'legal age' is arbitrary, it's better than kids not old enough to comprehend sexual relationships being taken advantage of by people whose sexual proclivities include (or are limited to) children and adolescents.

"Everyone is innocent.... Including the pimps?"

"The pimps are innocent" is not my point and you know it. It's "the pimps are not what you're being spoon fed to keep you docile and worshiping 'the authorities'". Same thing *still* stands, even if you can't be bothered to read a single one of the links I provided, or even attempt to think beyond "hurr durr government said it's bad so it must be" that's fine. You still haven't engaged with a single argument I made regarding the human trafficking bust beyond "it's in the news so it must be true". You did not strengthen your argument against Woody Allen by exposing yourself as someone who will draw a conclusion with minimal evidence and remain hell-bent on a conclusion once you've reached it. Still aren't.

Which is not to say that you're wrong about WA. Like I said, I've no idea and wouldn't hazard a guess based on what's available. But pandering to the hysteria of the day is never likely to garner much truth for anyone.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

She can't (won't) read this, but I have to say... well put.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:38 am

One of Woody Allen's adopted children, Moses Farrow, has explicitly offered his support to the embattled film-maker, saying in an interview with People magazine: "Of course Woody did not molest my sister."

Moses, 36, is one of two children Allen adopted with Mia Farrow – the other being Dylan, the subject of the child sex abuse allegations – and has now reacted to the letter Dylan published accusing Allen.

Speaking of Dylan and Allen, Farrow told People: "[Dylan] loved [Allen] and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him." He says that on the day the abuse is alleged to have occurred there were several people present in the house the whole time and "no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces". Dylan alleges the abuse took place in an attic.

He continued: "I don't know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible." ...life at Mia Farrow's home in Frog Hollow, Connecticut amounted to "brainwashing".

His words against hers, it seems. And the 'weight' of some silly comment that a comedian made in an interview in the seventies that Hawt came up with. :roll:

Of course, I don't know. What I do find a little bit 'telling' is the accuser's reaction to the above comment from her adopted brother:

In response to Moses’ comments, Dylan told People, “This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family. My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life.”

A betrayal to the family (presumably meaning her mother). That does conjure up the image of this being part of a long-standing and major family feud and that the accusing daughter feels that speaking up in support of Allen is showing disloyalty to the family, not just to her, the alleged victim. Which does point to her having a clear reason to persist in a false accusation and do so publicly, after all these years, consciously or not.

But still, we don't know. The same thing might be true for her brother.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 am

Glaucon wrote:A betrayal to the family (presumably meaning her mother). That does conjure up the image of this being part of a long-standing and major family feud and that the accusing daughter feels that speaking up in support of Allen is showing disloyalty to the family, not just to her, the alleged victim. Which does point to her having a clear reason to persist in a false accusation and do so publicly, after all these years, consciously or not.

Dylan is married and has children. She also has another sibling.

I don't know why her mother is the only member of her family that you even consider.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:35 am

Leah wrote:
Glaucon wrote:A betrayal to the family (presumably meaning her mother). That does conjure up the image of this being part of a long-standing and major family feud and that the accusing daughter feels that speaking up in support of Allen is showing disloyalty to the family, not just to her, the alleged victim. Which does point to her having a clear reason to persist in a false accusation and do so publicly, after all these years, consciously or not.

Dylan is married and has children. She also has another sibling.

I don't know why her mother is the only member of her family that you even consider.

Her husband and children gain nothing from her seeking media attention with her renewed accusation, along with her mother. In fact, I'd guess that it probably won't do her children any good. In so far as they would be a part of it, it would be because they were made to be a part of it by mother and grandmother.

That other brother, Ronald Farrow, who has criticized Allen for his marriage to Soon-Yi as well, publicly, and who is on Mia Farrow's side, has not said anything about the child molestation accusation.

I still find the accusation somewhat hard to credit, since the event apparently too place AFTER Mia had discovered that Allen had been having it on with her 20 year old adopted daughter, had gotten furious, kicked him out of her grand home and while they were fighting over custody of Farrow and Allen's biological child, Satchel. Mia had staff working for her at that home. It seems a really odd time for Allen to pull something like this and an odd time for Farrow and her staff to let him out of their sight, wandering up to an attic and taking Dylan along without them knowing about it.

Odd. But not impossible. I don't know. Far to uncertain for people to go judging him, I feel.

Though, I COULD understand it if people didn't want to have Woody Allen be their babysitter. :egrin:

Return to “News”