POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Woody Allen is... (Choose up to 2)

A Child molester
5
23%
A Child molester
5
23%
A Disgusting human being
2
9%
A Disgusting human being
2
9%
My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
2
9%
My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
2
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
2
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
2
9%
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
0
No votes
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
Glaucon
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Glaucon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:
In 1999 (most comprehensive study was 14 years ago) Approximately 800,000 children younger than 18 have been reported missing,



U.S. law enforcement agencies have seen a dramatic increase in cases of sexual exploitation of children since the 1990s. According to a report to Congress in 2010.


You're probably right. People are simply overreacting... and have a sick mentality because there really is no problem here at all. :?


800.000 children abducted by child abusers in 1999 in the US? Right. Make an effort and look up some REAL figures (and not the alarmist nonsense) and you will see that, fortunately, the number of children actually abducted by strangers is very small.

For example, check these US amber alert statistics:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/amber-alert-statistics/

2011: Total amber alerts: 16, total children abducted by strangers: 2. Total amount of people living in the USA in that year: 310 million.

You obviously buy into the BS sold by the fear-mongers.
User avatar
Oor
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Oor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:I'm not going after anything that is legal.


That's alright then. Because what is 'legal' or not is divinely inspired and not at all rooted in puritanical fascism or anything.


Like legalized adult consensual hamster sex.. oh wait.. can't do that... Ummm Goat sex?


It's very easy. Can't fuck anything that has or did have a pulse without valid consent. Valid consent requires being of legal age and sound mind. While 'legal age' is arbitrary, it's better than kids not old enough to comprehend sexual relationships being taken advantage of by people whose sexual proclivities include (or are limited to) children and adolescents.

"Everyone is innocent.... Including the pimps?"


"The pimps are innocent" is not my point and you know it. It's "the pimps are not what you're being spoon fed to keep you docile and worshiping 'the authorities'". Same thing *still* stands, even if you can't be bothered to read a single one of the links I provided, or even attempt to think beyond "hurr durr government said it's bad so it must be" that's fine. You still haven't engaged with a single argument I made regarding the human trafficking bust beyond "it's in the news so it must be true". You did not strengthen your argument against Woody Allen by exposing yourself as someone who will draw a conclusion with minimal evidence and remain hell-bent on a conclusion once you've reached it. Still aren't.

Which is not to say that you're wrong about WA. Like I said, I've no idea and wouldn't hazard a guess based on what's available. But pandering to the hysteria of the day is never likely to garner much truth for anyone.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
User avatar
Glaucon
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Glaucon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

She can't (won't) read this, but I have to say... well put.
User avatar
Glaucon
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Glaucon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:38 am

One of Woody Allen's adopted children, Moses Farrow, has explicitly offered his support to the embattled film-maker, saying in an interview with People magazine: "Of course Woody did not molest my sister."

Moses, 36, is one of two children Allen adopted with Mia Farrow – the other being Dylan, the subject of the child sex abuse allegations – and has now reacted to the letter Dylan published accusing Allen.

Speaking of Dylan and Allen, Farrow told People: "[Dylan] loved [Allen] and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him." He says that on the day the abuse is alleged to have occurred there were several people present in the house the whole time and "no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces". Dylan alleges the abuse took place in an attic.

He continued: "I don't know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible." ...life at Mia Farrow's home in Frog Hollow, Connecticut amounted to "brainwashing".


His words against hers, it seems. And the 'weight' of some silly comment that a comedian made in an interview in the seventies that Hawt came up with. :roll:

Of course, I don't know. What I do find a little bit 'telling' is the accuser's reaction to the above comment from her adopted brother:

In response to Moses’ comments, Dylan told People, “This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family. My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life.”


A betrayal to the family (presumably meaning her mother). That does conjure up the image of this being part of a long-standing and major family feud and that the accusing daughter feels that speaking up in support of Allen is showing disloyalty to the family, not just to her, the alleged victim. Which does point to her having a clear reason to persist in a false accusation and do so publicly, after all these years, consciously or not.

But still, we don't know. The same thing might be true for her brother.
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 am

Glaucon wrote:A betrayal to the family (presumably meaning her mother). That does conjure up the image of this being part of a long-standing and major family feud and that the accusing daughter feels that speaking up in support of Allen is showing disloyalty to the family, not just to her, the alleged victim. Which does point to her having a clear reason to persist in a false accusation and do so publicly, after all these years, consciously or not.

But still, we don't know. The same thing might be true for her brother.


Dylan is married and has children. She also has another sibling.

I don't know why her mother is the only member of her family that you even consider.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Glaucon
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Glaucon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:35 am

Leah wrote:
Glaucon wrote:A betrayal to the family (presumably meaning her mother). That does conjure up the image of this being part of a long-standing and major family feud and that the accusing daughter feels that speaking up in support of Allen is showing disloyalty to the family, not just to her, the alleged victim. Which does point to her having a clear reason to persist in a false accusation and do so publicly, after all these years, consciously or not.

But still, we don't know. The same thing might be true for her brother.


Dylan is married and has children. She also has another sibling.

I don't know why her mother is the only member of her family that you even consider.


Her husband and children gain nothing from her seeking media attention with her renewed accusation, along with her mother. In fact, I'd guess that it probably won't do her children any good. In so far as they would be a part of it, it would be because they were made to be a part of it by mother and grandmother.

That other brother, Ronald Farrow, who has criticized Allen for his marriage to Soon-Yi as well, publicly, and who is on Mia Farrow's side, has not said anything about the child molestation accusation.

I still find the accusation somewhat hard to credit, since the event apparently too place AFTER Mia had discovered that Allen had been having it on with her 20 year old adopted daughter, had gotten furious, kicked him out of her grand home and while they were fighting over custody of Farrow and Allen's biological child, Satchel. Mia had staff working for her at that home. It seems a really odd time for Allen to pull something like this and an odd time for Farrow and her staff to let him out of their sight, wandering up to an attic and taking Dylan along without them knowing about it.

Odd. But not impossible. I don't know. Far to uncertain for people to go judging him, I feel.

Though, I COULD understand it if people didn't want to have Woody Allen be their babysitter. :egrin:
Hawt Sommer

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 am

Glaucon wrote:Make an effort and look up some REAL figures (and not the alarmist nonsense)

You obviously buy into the BS sold by the fear-mongers.


http://www.missingkids.com/KeyFacts

My source "National Center for missing and exploited children"

Is that a fear-mongering agency? If so, that would be the first time I heard that.

Oor, Why are you making the assumption that I worship Authority?

If you and Glaucon want to poo poo away someones statement that Woody Allen stuck his finger in their butt at seven years old... feel free to join the other Hollywood fan-cattle.

Funny how the debate from lots of folks around here comes down to name-calling, accusations, and saying my source is from fear mongers.

I know I know.. I'm trying different tactics besides name calling and discrediting other peoples sources. :problem:
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

Glaucon wrote:Her husband and children gain nothing from her seeking media attention with her renewed accusation, along with her mother. In fact, I'd guess that it probably won't do her children any good. In so far as they would be a part of it, it would be because they were made to be a part of it by mother and grandmother.


That's not the point. The point is, she said that her brother Moses' statement was a huge betrayal to her family. Her family includes more than her mother.

That other brother, Ronald Farrow, who has criticized Allen for his marriage to Soon-Yi as well, publicly, and who is on Mia Farrow's side, has not said anything about the child molestation accusation.


Do you mean Ronan Farrow? And actually, he has stated publicly that he backs Dylan and that his father did, in fact, molest her. Which is interesting because Dylan and Moses are, as far as I know, adopted. Ronan is Allen's biological child.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Oor
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Oor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:55 am

Hawt Sommer wrote:Oor, Why are you making the assumption that I worship Authority?


Because in this thread you've given that impression.

I'll repeat once AGAIN that I have no opinion about the WA case. No need to include me in your argument with Glaucon. You're big boys - I'm sure you can fight your respective corners without flinging me at the other guy.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am

Kaitlin wrote:Probably for the same reason her son considered her and spoke negatively about her. She is integral to the accusations no matter which side of the fence you fall on.


As I said to Glaucon, that isn't the point. Dylan has an entire family separate from Mia Farrow. She isn't just talking about her mother, no matter how much people would like to say she is and label her mother as some kind of brainwashing cult leader.

I do find Moses, a family therapist, to be more credible in his statement so far as this plays out in front of the media like it is current news. It isn't, despite Hawt's outrage. I just wonder if Moses qualifies as a "trained professional" able to discern the truth using Elle's definition. :poke:


Normally you wouldn't go to a family member in a situation like this. You'd want someone who was neutral - i.e. not affiliated with either side - to make that call. Even if he's a trained therapist, he's still too connected to the situation to make an unbiased judgement.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron