My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes

Total votes: 22
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:29 am

Leah wrote:Dylan is married and has children. She also has another sibling.

I don't know why her mother is the only member of her family that you even consider.

Probably for the same reason her son considered her and spoke negatively about her. She is integral to the accusations no matter which side of the fence you fall on.

Glaucon wrote:That other brother, Ronald Farrow, who has criticized Allen for his marriage to Soon-Yi as well, publicly, and who is on Mia Farrow's side, has not said anything about the child molestation accusation.

Not exactly true. Here is the tweet he sent following the award ceremony.

Ronan Farrow
@RonanFarrow
Follow
Missed the Woody Allen tribute - did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?
10:15 PM - 12 Jan 2014

I do find Moses, a family therapist, to be more credible in his statement so far as this plays out in front of the media like it is current news. It isn't, despite Hawt's outrage. I just wonder if Moses qualifies as a "trained professional" able to discern the truth using Elle's definition. :poke:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 am

Glaucon wrote:Make an effort and look up some REAL figures (and not the alarmist nonsense)

You obviously buy into the BS sold by the fear-mongers.

http://www.missingkids.com/KeyFacts

My source "National Center for missing and exploited children"

Is that a fear-mongering agency? If so, that would be the first time I heard that.

Oor, Why are you making the assumption that I worship Authority?

If you and Glaucon want to poo poo away someones statement that Woody Allen stuck his finger in their butt at seven years old... feel free to join the other Hollywood fan-cattle.

Funny how the debate from lots of folks around here comes down to name-calling, accusations, and saying my source is from fear mongers.

I know I know.. I'm trying different tactics besides name calling and discrediting other peoples sources. :problem:
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

Glaucon wrote:Her husband and children gain nothing from her seeking media attention with her renewed accusation, along with her mother. In fact, I'd guess that it probably won't do her children any good. In so far as they would be a part of it, it would be because they were made to be a part of it by mother and grandmother.

That's not the point. The point is, she said that her brother Moses' statement was a huge betrayal to her family. Her family includes more than her mother.

That other brother, Ronald Farrow, who has criticized Allen for his marriage to Soon-Yi as well, publicly, and who is on Mia Farrow's side, has not said anything about the child molestation accusation.

Do you mean Ronan Farrow? And actually, he has stated publicly that he backs Dylan and that his father did, in fact, molest her. Which is interesting because Dylan and Moses are, as far as I know, adopted. Ronan is Allen's biological child.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:55 am

Hawt Sommer wrote:Oor, Why are you making the assumption that I worship Authority?

Because in this thread you've given that impression.

I'll repeat once AGAIN that I have no opinion about the WA case. No need to include me in your argument with Glaucon. You're big boys - I'm sure you can fight your respective corners without flinging me at the other guy.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Leah

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am

Kaitlin wrote:Probably for the same reason her son considered her and spoke negatively about her. She is integral to the accusations no matter which side of the fence you fall on.

As I said to Glaucon, that isn't the point. Dylan has an entire family separate from Mia Farrow. She isn't just talking about her mother, no matter how much people would like to say she is and label her mother as some kind of brainwashing cult leader.

I do find Moses, a family therapist, to be more credible in his statement so far as this plays out in front of the media like it is current news. It isn't, despite Hawt's outrage. I just wonder if Moses qualifies as a "trained professional" able to discern the truth using Elle's definition. :poke:

Normally you wouldn't go to a family member in a situation like this. You'd want someone who was neutral - i.e. not affiliated with either side - to make that call. Even if he's a trained therapist, he's still too connected to the situation to make an unbiased judgement.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 am

Discrediting other people's sources is fine, that's kind of the core of debate. It's how you do it that's important. At the moment, I know that I'm a *fine* one to talk about civility.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:28 am

Leah wrote:Normally you wouldn't go to a family member in a situation like this. You'd want someone who was neutral - i.e. not affiliated with either side - to make that call. Even if he's a trained therapist, he's still too connected to the situation to make an unbiased judgement.

Exactly this! Knowing and being aware of my own bias about the treatment of sex offenders for example (that it simply does not work) - I would never go into that line of work if I ever returned to the field. I would also probably not be in a work environment Same with my family, how could I as a professional (if I was still working in the field) testify to the mental health and well being of say my nephew's wife (they are going through a divorce) knowing my own experiences and bias towards her.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Leah

Postby Leah » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:35 am

Elle Couerblanc wrote:
Leah wrote:Normally you wouldn't go to a family member in a situation like this. You'd want someone who was neutral - i.e. not affiliated with either side - to make that call. Even if he's a trained therapist, he's still too connected to the situation to make an unbiased judgement.

Exactly this! Knowing and being aware of my own bias about the treatment of sex offenders for example (that it simply does not work) - I would never go into that line of work if I ever returned to the field. I would also probably not be in a work environment Same with my family, how could I as a professional (if I was still working in the field) testify to the mental health and well being of say my nephew's wife (they are going through a divorce) knowing my own experiences and bias towards her.

Pretty much. Even if Ronan was backing Dylan, it would be unprofessional of him to say, "I back her as a licensed therapist." Because he's too close to the situation to make a call like that.

Just as a clarification: I am not saying that he's not entitled to his own opinion. I'm saying that giving his opinion more weight because he's a licensed therapist is a bad idea, since a) he's taking a side and b) he's going to be biased.

Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:41 am

Elle Couerblanc wrote:

So let me get this straight. The only credible account of what happened can only come from one side? As far as any "bias", I never suggested Moses was making a "medical" assessment of the situation since he is quite clear that he is speaking as another member of the family and his observations of what occurred. That doesn't discount his background. If professionals are an authoritative source then at this point Dylan is batting a fat 0.

And yes I'm still on the fence. Who the hell knows. I don't really have an opinion other than to state the obvious. This whole story has more holes than swiss cheese. Before August 1992, months into a contentious custody battle, there are no allegations that Woody Allen was a bad parent and certainly not an abusive pedophile.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Could someone point out my article to Kait, Think she has me foe'd/ muted. Little tid-bit she should see.

Return to “News”