Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Carter
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 pm
SL Name: ***

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Carter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 pm

ooh.. stupid me..

The most relevant example I guess of opposition to a Federal Government and the creation of a civilian based army formed around loosely defined armed local militia to oppose a Federalist/National Army

American Civil War (1861-65)

Depending on your point of view.. the good guys won didn't they ?
Carter
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 pm
SL Name: ***

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Carter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Kaitlin wrote:While we are adding lists...

15 of the top 25 worst mass shootings in the world were in the US. Second place goes to Finland with 2.

No wonder the rest of the world thinks we are insane.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/20/the ... -50-years/


hey hey.. if you ever spent any time in Finland.. you would understand why they go looney sometimes... cold, inhospitable, bleak, bland .. and that is just the people :D
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Leah » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 pm

serene mistwood wrote:Why are you replying to me Leah? Didn't you state earlier you and nobody you know give a shit what the rest of the world thinks? Well, that's because the rest of the world think half of you are fucking insane. :fleeflee:


I do not, in fact, care if you think I'm insane. You're entitled to your opinion and you can state it as often as you like. You can be as rude and condescending as you wish, and I really don't care.

But I thought, perhaps, you had two neurons to rub together and that I might be able to alleviate some of your misconceptions about why the Bill of Rights is written the way it is. My mistake, cupcake. :)
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Leah » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Carter wrote:hey hey.. if you ever spent any time in Finland.. you would understand why they go looney sometimes... cold, inhospitable, bleak, bland .. and that is just the people :D


They play a lot of WoW. One of my friends once said the reason why they are always so high in progression is because during the winter, there's just nothing else to do but play WoW and fuck. :o.O:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Glaucon
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Glaucon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:
Oor wrote:Has happened in a mature democracy precisely zero times.

True because no democracy has lasted more than 200 years


200 years is a pretty long time. You could smuggle in weapons from Canada and Mexico when they are up. :mrgreen:
Jenny1919
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 am
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Jenny1919 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Jenny1919 wrote:
Oor wrote:Has happened in a mature democracy precisely zero times.

True because no democracy has lasted more than 200 years


200 years is a pretty long time. You could smuggle in weapons from Canada and Mexico when they are up. :mrgreen:


But we weren't a democracy until the 1900s
User avatar
serene mistwood
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 am
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx
Location: Earth

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby serene mistwood » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:
It's wisest to generally be against everything that tries to domesticate and pacify citizens. All this fearmongering of 'little kids being killed by guns' is just gonna turn into a useful media-trick to domesticate the western citizens further...


Slightly off topic but I did want to answer this..

With 88 guns per 100 people – owning a gun IS the herd mentality of the US along with the shared values of the Judeo-Christian moral tradition. It is precisely the easy access of firearms that have now overpowered the individual as the state continually instills duty and patriotism via fear and paranoia against the mostly imaginary oppressor.

It is actually the individuals who are courageous enough to act in a way that goes against the conformity of the herd – in this society example NOT owning a gun - that are the courageous ones in my view. It is now the NON-gun holders or those for stricter gun laws that have become “The Criminal” of Nietzsche (as you seem to like him) pointing out a need for change, and is therefore someone to be valued by a society as helping to jolt the others from their current complacency and break out of the shared mediocrity

Believe me, I will be first in line and wait as eagerly as you do for the apathy of people to disappear and begin to fight back. But I don't believe personally arming everybody is any way forwards in a so-called developed nation. A move towards a truly democratic process (which is unlikely to happen by force), where the people demand better education to promote independent thought, demand better healthcare, demand a reduction in poverty and the wealth divide - won't happen by people simply being given more guns just to make them feel better and shut them up.

@Leah. Acutally it was you that was rude and condescending first to Rob with your ignorant and flippant remark, I was merely responding in kind. As for you alleviating some of my *misconceptions* about why the Bill of Rights is written the way it is - I happen to disagree with you. It isn't a misconception, its a complete disagreement. I don't happen to agree with you about its relevance as its written in the 21st century.
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Resolver Bouchard
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 am

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:
Oor wrote:Has happened in a mature democracy precisely zero times.

True because no democracy has lasted more than 200 years


I've just been speaking to a friend who went to the wake of one of the young boys killed in the attack, he used to love coming with his mom to see the horses that she works with.

I'm so glad that your gun is worth more than his life.
User avatar
TreatRothschild
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 pm
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius
Location: NJ

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby TreatRothschild » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:
Glaucon wrote:
Jenny1919 wrote:True because no democracy has lasted more than 200 years


200 years is a pretty long time. You could smuggle in weapons from Canada and Mexico when they are up. :mrgreen:


But we weren't a democracy until the 1900s

We weren't? :o.O:

Actually, we still aren't. We're a Democratic Republic.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Jenny1919
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 am
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Jenny1919 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Resolver Bouchard wrote:
Jenny1919 wrote:
Oor wrote:Has happened in a mature democracy precisely zero times.

True because no democracy has lasted more than 200 years


I've just been speaking to a friend who went to the wake of one of the young boys killed in the attack, he used to love coming with his mom to see the horses that she works with.

I'm so glad that your gun is worth more than his life.


you are completely mis-construing the situation. Don't think I don't care and think something is more important than the life of the child.. If I could of done something to stop it in progress I would of.. But nothing would stop this from happening.. Nothing.. Even if you made firearms 100% illegal in the US taken all the citizens guns and destroyed them.. THIS STILL WOULD HAPPEN... Nothing will every stop a tragedy Nothing... World will never be perfect never be 100% peace it will ALWAYS be a battlefield.. Always. You cant do anything to stop something you don't have control its unfortunate. But you can protect your own rights and freedom.. Freedom and rights are one thing you will never ever comprehend.. You choose not todo something even if you have the power to stop it. Rather lay down hoping your government will protect you when they wont. You label 80% of the population as bad people when only .001% do crazed stuff. Truth is nobody wants to deal with the problem.. They rather let another deal with it.

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron