Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Today evil reared its head in the form of Adam Lanza with guns blazing taking the lives of 20 children ages 5-10 and 6 other adults at their school. I hope he roasts in hell but even that seems too good.

My thoughts,prayers and tears are with the families of those lost and those who survived as well as the community that will never fully recover from such a tragedy.

ETA: My 5 year old must think I'm nuts after hugging her for at least the 20th time since I picked her up from school.
Last edited by Kaitlin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Postby Leah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 am

They said that all indications are that he planned this out.

Like, I can't even...my mind won't wrap around that.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 am

I wish we would not use or even know his name. I wish reporting on this stuff would leave these guys nameless and faceless. I wish the media/press would enter a convenant about that, agreeing to not report on this side of the story. Because I know that everyone talking about them is the thing these guys are really after.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:32 am

Glaucon wrote:I wish we would not use or even know his name. I wish reporting on this stuff would leave these guys nameless and faceless. I wish the media/press would enter a convenant about that, agreeing to not report on this side of the story. Because I know that everyone talking about them is the thing these guys are really after.

I usually agree with this Glaucon but dead men don't have ears to hear. All that has been made of his actions he will never get to revel in.

Once upon a time... Kait
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 am

No.

But it creates more people who fantasize about having their name in flashing lights.

Usually the powerless and the nameless want to be somebody. Even if they don't get to see the aftermath - more people are "inspired" or, more aptly put, incited, into doing similar acts.

I think the killer should always remain nameless.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:No.

But it creates more people who fantasize about having their name in flashing lights.

Usually the powerless and the nameless want to be somebody. Even if they don't get to see the aftermath - more people are "inspired" or, more aptly put, incited, into doing similar acts.

I think the killer should always remain nameless.

Good point Bear. I just wish nut jobs would come up with something better to do to make themselves feel large other than killing the most innocent.

Once upon a time... Kait
Meriasek
SL Name: Meriasek Resident

Postby Meriasek » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 am

My thoughts are also with the remaining family of the perpetrator, as well as of course all the victims and their families.

To have any form of mental health problems in ones close family is deeply upsetting, I can't imagine how it must feel to have someone close to me do something like this.

I wonder if he was even on the radar as having serious mental health problems? It is the big blind spot in our health systems. No doubt it will come out in due course.
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 am

There is no point in making excuses, don't blame the health system, publishing his name or any other irrelevant factors.

He is a person, no different from anyone else, who had easy access to guns that he used to kill lots of small children.

I have a friend who lives in Newtown, just a few miles from that school, I was there only last year.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 am

Meriasek wrote:My thoughts are also with the remaining family of the perpetrator, as well as of course all the victims and their families.

To have any form of mental health problems in ones close family is deeply upsetting, I can't imagine how it must feel to have someone close to me do something like this.

I wonder if he was even on the radar as having serious mental health problems? It is the big blind spot in our health systems. No doubt it will come out in due course.

Why is it that people immediately go to the crazy defense? :banghead:

There is no excuse for this even if he was a stark raving fucking lunatic. If his family was so concerned about his "mental health" issues then why would he have access to not 1 but 5 weapons including an AR-15? If it is found out that he was mentally unstable and they were aware and didn't take the proper precautions I hold them just as responsible for each and every death.

Once upon a time... Kait
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:16 am

Kaitlin wrote:Why is it that people immediately go to the crazy defense? :banghead:

Because human beings are wired to look for a reason for everything. We're wired to try to explain the unexplainable. What this guy did? Is so abnormal and "off the rails" that our first instinct is to say, "He must have been crazy." Because no sane person would have done something like this.

Kaitlin wrote:If it is found out that he was mentally unstable and they were aware and didn't take the proper precautions I hold them just as responsible for each and every death.

My understanding is that his father and mother were divorced, and his father did not live with them. I'm not 100% sure about the older brother, but what little I was able to find out last night seemed to indicate he did not live with his brother, either, or else only spent part of the time there.

No clue about the guns themselves, however. I've heard mixed reports that they were guns purchased by his mother, guns illegally purchased (perhaps using his mother's license without her knowledge), and that the guns belonged to yet another relative, and were stolen by this kid. I think it's going to take a while for the truth to come out on that end.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Return to “News”