Supreme Court Picks up Same Sex Marriage - Likely Outcome?

Will Same Sex Marriage be supported by the US Supreme Court

Yes
42%
Yes
42%
No
8%
No
8%

Total votes: 12
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Supreme Court Picks up Same Sex Marriage - Likely Outcom

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 am

Leah wrote:We've resorted to labels. People are "just" democrats, or "just" republicans. There can't be anything else to them. They can't have a range of views on a range of issues.

It's the flaw of american democracy in my opinion. The more nuanced and complex political opinions of the people in the US probably would've been able to express themselves more clearly if the US had more than just two major parties.

Although I guess, that if decision making is done in the same way as in europe, that the sub-groups of a big party still might make a difference. When the senate needs to vote for things there might be some republicans or democrats still voting for things which the majority of their party might not want to vote for to still deliver a majority of votes to have those votes pass... Then again, if it's anything like in Europe then those "different" people within the party are usually not very welcome anymore after such votes or moments of decisionmaking and have to seek out a different party to continue their political career without too much trouble... So even if there are sub-groups within a big party, I think they'll more often than not be very careful with going against the overall wishes of their party...

Return to “News”