The 53% and the next four years… "Forward"

Hawt Sommer

The 53% and the next four years… "Forward"

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 am

It really doesn't surprise me that we have a group of people standing here today saying “Hurray We won!” What seems quite strange is the reasoning that Obama won a 2nd term.
The exit polls have clearly stated the primary reasons that Obama was re-elected were:
    1) Likability
    2) How he handled Sandy: Gave Chris a big hug and kiss with a Time magazine Photo of it told him he would send a check and then left an hour later to hit the campaign trail.
    3) The Economy does not seem “That” bad

Your 47% seems to vote with their hearts and with pure uneducated passion. The leader sheds a tear and say “I would never lie to you” or “I didn't have sexual relations with that woman” and you nod knowing this husband of yours cheated on you but you love him enough to forgive him over and over.
55% of Men voted for Romney and 60% of Men who had children voted for Romney.

You can say “Them Republicans” all day long, but it comes down people who are working and paying taxes and then the mass of people that are not paying taxes. I listen to the rhetoric coming out of a lot of your mouths and I just shake my head. Parroting the media and completely sure you are right because the media is telling you they are right.

Bush wouldn't have got away with 90% of the shit this president has got away with. You, the ones who fell for it, babble on about American Idol, or Twilight instead of knowing shit about your American constitution or the principles in which this country is founded on.

Here’s a refresher:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice (This means establish the law and follow the laws - Don't give amnesty to 2.5 illegal immigrants and tell states not to protect their borders or face penalty)

insure domestic Tranquility (This means find ways to bring people together instead of dividing them from each other with charged statements)

provide for the common defense (This means don't cut the defense of the military and don't hand over guns to drug cartels to shoot your people and innocents in our allied countries)

promote the general Welfare (This doesn't mean tax the piss out of your citizens and create a bunch of low efficiency government programs that contribute to the decay of our society)

secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ( We are not only to seek the benefits of liberty for ourselves, but to ensure that we make sure that we do not settle for selfish gain, but make sure that these benefits are set up in a manner that will guarantee the same for our children and theirs, this doesn't mean burden them with 200,000 dollars of debt as soon as their mom squeezes them out.)

We the people, at least 51% of us chose the next four years, As I said in the last thread; I lost hope. You have my answer in there; This thread is the next 12 months- lets see what we all purchased with our American citizen ticket.
Resolver Bouchard

Re: The 53% and the next four years… "Forward"

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 pm

You missed out a key point. Obama didn't win because he was Obama, he won because his opponent was a complete fruit loop who was supported a sizable and very vocal bunch of idiots.

Personally I wouldn't have voted for Obama because I'm very conservative, however I acknowledge that he is a skilled and competent leader, a slightly less swarmy Tony Blair.

He wasn't elected by people voting with their hearts, he was elected by people who had a sickening feeling in their stomach about the damage Romney could do if elected.

Your candidate was useless, people voted for the lesser of 2 evils. Romney had a vision but his path to it was straight off a cliff.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Resolver Bouchard wrote:Obama didn't win because he was Obama, he won because his opponent was a complete fruit loop who was supported a sizable and very vocal bunch of idiots.

I 100% disagree with calling Mitt a Fruit Loop. He is intelligent, well educated and has a excellent business record. But I didn't vote for him.

Why? His stance on a woman's right to choose and gay marriage. Even though in the past he had a different viewpoint on abortion, I feel like he wilted to the agenda of the Republican party too quickly. If Romney had won though, I wouldn't have been too bothered by it. I believe Obama and Romney are more alike than not and both tend to avoid pushing a religious agenda in their attempts at governance (Paul Ryan is another story though).

The Republic Party just doesn't do it for me. I am tired of political candidates shoving their religious beliefs down my throat and using "family values" as some BS political agenda. In my opinion, the republicans are digressing from the key tenants on which will help the party move forward (fiscal conservatism that will benefit all) and instead seem to focus on a moral agenda and increasing wealth. In doing this they are losing ground with women and people of color - particularly the growing Hispanic population.

In my opinion - Romney didn't lose, it was the Republican party that lost!
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 pm

It just means four more years of rising unemployment, rising fiscal debt, and no budget. After all, Obama has yet to propose a budget so why would he do so now?

I've decided that I obviously need to go out and get pregnant so I can get on the government dole, since searching for a job has thusfar yielded nothing. No one wants to hire - and deal with the extra load of how ridiculous healthcare premiums are becoming - when they can just foist the work off to employees they already have (who are too scared to object for fear of losing THEIR jobs).
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 pm

I am tired of political candidates shoving their religious beliefs down my throat and using "family values" as some BS political agenda...

...instead seem to focus on a moral agenda and increasing wealth. In doing this they are losing ground with women and people of color...

these extreme conservative elements in the republican party, and the tea party, are our modern day versions of the hypocritical pharisees framing religion to serve their political agendas and grab power. they are our western versions of extreme islamists and taliban trying to force their narrow brand of religion and morality into government and our daily lives. they are the great pretenders, their words are a glittering trail of fake jewelry... hypocrites, all of them. the government of the united states of america is supposed to be secular. if it weren't for our constitution's separation of church and state, (first amendment: "congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."), these people might be even more powerful, some more violent.

when a political candidate, especially a presidential candidate spends most of their time pandering to the extreme right wing christian viewpoint among their base of support, they've lost secularity and credibility and they've excluded a lot of people, and they are on the wrong side of history.

i don't need or want a gray haired old man telling me what i can do with my body...

i don't need or want a gray haired old man telling me i can't have an abortion, or if i'm raped, it's god's will...

america and the world doesn't need an extreme right wing christian leader peddling religion under the pretense of morality... doesn't need him or her forcing their religious views down everyone's throats to fulfill an agenda. we don't need or want these kinds of people dictating who can marry and who cannot in accordance with their personal views on marriage.

suppose i were dictator of the world and declared, in accordance with my religious beliefs and scriptural interpretation, only blue-eyed, blond haired people like myself can get married. anybody with brown eyes and brown hair may not marry. they are not qualified. dark eyes represents evil. they are an affront to my family values. how would they feel about that? shoe on the other foot? hypocrites.

mitt's vp choice, paul ryan, are among some of the worst offenders. they seek to violate the civil rights of others, exclude anyone that doesn't fit their narrow world view. and they do it under the pretense of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to hold a view. only a century ago... hey, even a few short decades ago, these kinds of people were saying separate but equal. black people can't drink from the same fountain as white people. black people can't attend the same churches as white people. black people can't vote. women can't vote. blacks are inferior to whites. women are inferior to men. says so in the bible. gay people can't marry...

what's the difference? it's bigotry packaged as religious morality and they pander to the stupid masses locked in this rigid world view.

they are on the wrong side of history.

as for mitt romney, he aligned himself with this element, and lied till the bitter end.
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:You can say “Them Republicans” all day long, but it comes down people who are working and paying taxes and then the mass of people that are not paying taxes. I listen to the rhetoric coming out of a lot of your mouths and I just shake my head. Parroting the media and completely sure you are right because the media is telling you they are right.

Thought I would bring this out. I love people on the right saying how they work and pay taxes. As a comparison to me. I work, I pay taxes, and as an independant I have not in this entire election seen a republican candidate I liked for the job of President of the United States.
Want a victory put a leader up. Chris Christie would have taken my vote. Mitt Romney couldn't.
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Danika Stenvaag wrote:
I am tired of political candidates shoving their religious beliefs down my throat and using "family values" as some BS political agenda...

...instead seem to focus on a moral agenda and increasing wealth. In doing this they are losing ground with women and people of color...

these extreme conservative elements in the republican party, and the tea party, are our modern day versions of the hypocritical pharisees framing religion to serve their political agendas and grab power. they are our western versions of extreme islamists and taliban trying to force their narrow brand of religion and morality into government and our daily lives. they are the great pretenders, their words are a glittering trail of fake jewelry... hypocrites, all of them. the government of the united states of america is supposed to be secular. if it weren't for our constitution's separation of church and state, (first amendment: "congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."), these people might be even more powerful, some more violent.

when a political candidate, especially a presidential candidate spends most of their time pandering to the extreme right wing christian viewpoint among their base of support, they've lost secularity and credibility and they've excluded a lot of people, and they are on the wrong side of history.

i don't need or want a gray haired old man telling me what i can do with my body...

i don't need or want a gray haired old man telling me i can't have an abortion, or if i'm raped, it's god's will...

america and the world doesn't need an extreme right wing christian leader peddling religion under the pretense of morality... doesn't need him or her forcing their religious views down everyone's throats to fulfill an agenda. we don't need or want these kinds of people dictating who can marry and who cannot in accordance with their personal views on marriage.

suppose i were dictator of the world and declared, in accordance with my religious beliefs and scriptural interpretation, only blue-eyed, blond haired people like myself can get married. anybody with brown eyes and brown hair may not marry. they are not qualified. dark eyes represents evil. they are an affront to my family values. how would they feel about that? shoe on the other foot? hypocrites.

mitt's vp choice, paul ryan, are among some of the worst offenders. they seek to violate the civil rights of others, exclude anyone that doesn't fit their narrow world view. and they do it under the pretense of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to hold a view. only a century ago... hey, even a few short decades ago, these kinds of people were saying separate but equal. black people can't drink from the same fountain as white people. black people can't attend the same churches as white people. black people can't vote. women can't vote. blacks are inferior to whites. women are inferior to men. says so in the bible. gay people can't marry...

what's the difference? it's bigotry packaged as religious morality and they pander to the stupid masses locked in this rigid world view.

they are on the wrong side of history.

as for mitt romney, he aligned himself with this element, and lied till the bitter end.

just wanted to add something to what i said above...

it's time intolerant people using narrow religious mindsets and political extremism that excludes many others stepped aside so that tolerant and inclusive people could lead a government of the people, by the people, for the people. can be any color and age, white older man included... and of course, i do want to see a woman as president!
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:12 pm

You are worried about someone stomping on your civil liberties or are you only concerned about the ones relating to religion?

I heard a democrat say last night: "Oh my! That damn Morman is winning!"

You were actually concerned about Mitt Romney pushing his religious doctrine down your throat as Obama is forcing you to purchase something from the Insurance store? Forcing you to hand out birth control to pre-teens in school? Forcing what you put in your kids lunch at school while they feed the other kids 28 grams of saturated fat on a slab of school pizza?

You slam and berate some guys religion and then you toss another in Jail because he berated another? Freedom of Religion unless it's the right religion. Right.. Got it. You can't say one thing about Mohamad because it might offend someone, but you can put a crucifix submerged in urine in New york museum and call it Art.

The right to bear arms. Does anyone understand what this is for? It means that if your government screws their citizens over too much, they will have the means to revolt against it if need be. It's the ultimate freedom and it ensures the trust of ones government because guess what- you both are packing.

What is "Fast and Furious"? It's a program to make guns look bad so the government can take them away. Not only are they trying to take away your right, they were taking American lives by arming criminals. How F'ed up is that?

It's the same concept as national defense. You do not cut defense when you have countries out there that are planning your ultimate destruction. Our enemies want us to have weak president in office because it means they can develop the means to destroy us while we are here worried about Global warming.

right... mmmm hmmmmm... Lets just watch the next year boys and girls... watch closely.
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:The exit polls have clearly stated the primary reasons that Obama was re-elected were:

1) Likability

2) How he handled Sandy: Gave Chris a big hug and kiss with a Time magazine Photo of it told him he would send a check and then left an hour later to hit the campaign trail.

3) The Economy does not seem “That” bad

1 - To quote Jules in Pulp Fiction "Personality goes a long way" and whether you like it or not public perception and being likable is a rather key factor in being party leader in politics. You can have the best ideas and speeches in the world but if you have the charm and appeal of a cold wet noodle nobody will listen. Of course down side is that charming leader will get people to listen and believe in some very bad ideas. That is what advisors and staffers are for.

2 - I don't know, he seemed to have done his job, no more and no less. It is not like he stayed on his ranch for a couple days and did a fly by. Yeah Obama took the opportunity, he knew everyone was watching and judging how he would react. Romney obviously either didn't get favourable opportunity, didn't make one, or the media is against him by not showing what he did (if he did much beyond donating the one bus).

3 - The economy pretty much sucks around the world if you had not noticed, but there are subtle signs of improvement here and there plus a few cringe inducing warnings as well. Neither Obama nor Romney really has a great plan from what I can tell apart from the usual political smoke talk. However, depending on your view Obama can make all those hard choices now since he no longer has to worry about being re-elected, why most of the unpopular decisions are made 2nd term. Politicians only think/plan in 4 yr cycles...but addressing major issues like economy, deficit/debt, taxation and all that really do require longer term view and choices.

Plus I think most people understand what they are getting from Obama. Perhaps they do not like a lot of it, they know he lied or cannot give what they think he told them.
Romney though, as I have seen it, you are not sure who you are going to get. He has been a chameleon trying to be everything to everyone, and for myself when person has that many different facades it really make you wonder what lies beneath it all.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:You, the ones who fell for it, babble on about American Idol, or Twilight instead of knowing shit about your American constitution or the principles in which this country is founded on.

Here’s a refresher:

Oh, my... jolly good fun!

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice (This means establish the law and follow the laws - Don't give amnesty to 2.5 illegal immigrants and tell states not to protect their borders or face penalty)

Nope, that is not what it says, there. Establishing justice doesn't mean that you cannot change the law to declare someone 'legal' that was previously 'illegal'. That is why a large part of the constitution is devoted to setting out the methods by which such things can be done (how laws can be made and changed). :)

insure domestic Tranquility (This means find ways to bring people together instead of dividing them from each other with charged statements)

Hmmm, not sure it means that. But IF you have some bright idea of what Obama could do to make you and people like you hate him so much, do send him a letter (though, personally, I doubt that there is ANYTHING he could do to make you and yours stop hating him and everything democrat, except commit seppuku).

provide for the common defense (This means don't cut the defense of the military and don't hand over guns to drug cartels to shoot your people and innocents in our allied countries)

Nope. Wrong again. It doesn't mean that you don't cut spending on the military. Because it is clear that the USA has far more military might (having by far the most of any country in the world) than it needs to 'provide' for the common defense' of the states. In fact, the people that wrote that would probably have been really sadened to learn that the USA has re-interpreted 'common defense' to mean having a strong enough military to be able to play the part of an agressive 'conquering' nation in places far overseas, much like Colonial England and the Roman empire. That is NOT what they had in mind when they wrote that. (Look it up).

promote the general Welfare (This doesn't mean tax the piss out of your citizens and create a bunch of low efficiency government programs that contribute to the decay of our society)

It does mean taxing folks to do stuff that is for the good of all. As it says. Even if you don't like that.

secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ( We are not only to seek the benefits of liberty for ourselves, but to ensure that we make sure that we do not settle for selfish gain, but make sure that these benefits are set up in a manner that will guarantee the same for our children and theirs, this doesn't mean burden them with 200,000 dollars of debt as soon as their mom squeezes them out.)

The folks that wrote that constitution would faint at that amount (or, at least, until they considered inflation). But... those same folks had already started building up the debt of the United States of America. It was pretty much the first thing they did, after they gained independence.

We the people, at least 51% of us chose the next four years, As I said in the last thread; I lost hope. You have my answer in there; This thread is the next 12 months- lets see what we all purchased with our American citizen ticket.

Awwww. Hawty Hawty. Poor lad.

Return to “News”