Iphone5?

Glaucon

Re: Iphone5?

Postby Glaucon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Pelopidas wrote:Started reading Daniel Abraham, the Long Price Quartet, series, A Shadow in Summer was "ok" i guess.

Hmmm, on your Iphone5? (Wrong thread, maybe?)
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Damn :fryingpan:
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 am

I have an Android. Galaxy II S X. Woman has a III. I see almost no difference.

I like my android a great deal - and from using Iphones from other folks I have no idea in the wide wide world why you would buy one - other than having a large library on itunes already.

As much as I love my Android - I'm looking hard at the new Blackberry stuff. Its all pretty slick.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:I have an Android. Galaxy II S X. Woman has a III. I see almost no difference.

I like my android a great deal - and from using Iphones from other folks I have no idea in the wide wide world why you would buy one - other than having a large library on itunes already.

As much as I love my Android - I'm looking hard at the new Blackberry stuff. Its all pretty slick.

Check out the S4. I think they just upped the stakes on blackberry a bit.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 am

I had to change my phone from S2 to S3 (figured I might as well upgrade).Truth is the S3 also has a bigger screen which makes swiping better but yet the one thing that my S3 lacks is multi language. Yes... I have french... english and korean but no italian like my S2. wtf!

I called samsung support and te guy said that's life! :problem:
I found some apps (not free) but I had to manually still add a lot of words myself.

Another great thing about the s2 is the wallpaper which scrolled a unique image as you moved. S3 repeats the image for each scree making the wall paper choice a more difficult game.

S4... I doubt I'll need it, I am more oriented on giving Google my money for the Google Glass. Could be the next smartphone.
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:I have an Android. Galaxy II S X. Woman has a III. I see almost no difference.

My opinion is completely the oppposite. The interface on my iphone is simple and consistent, the interface on my Nexus 7 is quite frankly a mess, I have to look up how to do basic things. Its a device I have to intentionally pick up and use, unlike my phone which I'll intuitively grab.

No doubt Apple will start chucking a load of random crap any old how onto the iphone now with Steve Jobs no longer being around to exert non-committee control. The golden age of the smartphone was the 4 and 4S.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 am

The new IOS 7 for the Iphone seemed a bit annoying, at first, but it seems to work pretty well, once you get used to it.
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Postby Architeuthis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 am

I like IOS7 actually. I tried an Android phone and I hated it. I love the 5C.
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Doing things Android did already though... just saying it was actually about time they implemented those things.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Maybe that is true. But I still like the operating system. I did have to look up how to do one thing, though. But in general the best feature of the Iphone is still intact: you don't have to read the manual. (I believe that a program made for ordinary consumers that requires you to read a manual is a bad program).

Return to “News”