Tea Party, what tea party?

Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Tea Party, what tea party?

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

There is still a caucus in congress as far as I know but effective yesterday the tea party effectively disbanded.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Tea Party, what tea party?

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote: effective yesterday the tea party effectively disbanded.

Too bad this isn't related to Gor. :D
Mat

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Draco wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote: effective yesterday the tea party effectively disbanded.

Too bad this isn't related to Gor. :D

Thats why its in the Non-Gor General News section ;)
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Was there a notice? Do you mean one of the main 18 bajillion "National Tea Parties" out there?

I'm half teasing, half serious. I am curious which Tea Party and when/where it was announced they were disbanded.

Also, what does "disbanded" mean? Does it mean that they've been absorbed into the mainstream Republican Party or that they realize their ideals are just too wackadoodle for mainstream America and they've given up?
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Was there a notice? Do you mean one of the main 18 bajillion "National Tea Parties" out there?

I'm half teasing, half serious. I am curious which Tea Party and when/where it was announced they were disbanded.

Yea really did not like that aspect of it nor some of their positions however from what I was reading it was the boston tea party.
Mat

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:
Also, what does "disbanded" mean? Does it mean that they've been absorbed into the mainstream Republican Party or that they realize their ideals are just too wackadoodle for mainstream America and they've given up?

From what I understand they were a break off from the libertarian party dont know if they will go republican or back to the libertarian party.
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:

From what I understand they were a break off from the libertarian party dont know if they will go republican or back to the libertarian party.

Well, no, not really. Some of their ideals ARE Libertarian, don't get me wrong, but they were always seen as the more right wing arm of the Republicans to me. Didn't Glenn Beck found them? I would hardly call him a Libertarian.

(Pure Libertarian, anyway.)
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:57 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:

Well, no, not really. Some of their ideals ARE Libertarian, don't get me wrong, but they were always seen as the more right wing arm of the Republicans to me. Didn't Glenn Beck found them? I would hardly call him a Libertarian.

(Pure Libertarian, anyway.)

The Boston Tea Party (BTP) was a U.S. political party named after the Boston Tea Party of 1773. Its ideology was libertarian.

A group of former Libertarian Party (LP) members founded the party in 2006. They criticized the LP for its "abdication of political responsibilities", saying that "Americans deserve and desperately need a pro-freedom party that forcefully advocates libertarian solutions to the issues of today".[1]

The party effectively disbanded in July 2012.[2]
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Ah, clarity! :) The Boston Tea Party. I was talking about the Tea Party Patriots and that crew.
Mat

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:04 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Ah, clarity! :) The Boston Tea Party. I was talking about the Tea Party Patriots and that crew.

clearly stated that above dont know where the lack of clearly came from?

Return to “News”