Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Glaucon

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Glaucon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 am

You seemed to be defending Jenny's views (which seem to be that there should be more money going to the military to defend the US from North Korea, Terrorists and illegal murderous aliens from Marsico. The US should not be policing the world, but still more money should be spend on it, to defend the homeland, apparently.

And I tried pointing out that this wish to spend more on the military seems to run counter to the overal message of the GOP about spending less, smaller government, fiscal conservatism, and so on. And I was speculating as to why it is that this is still part of the republican programme. My guess it is Eisenhouwer's good ol' grand military industrial complex that took a firm hold of his party and which was obviously in chief command under W.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:46 am

Glaucon wrote:You seemed to be defending Jenny's views (which seem to be that there should be more money going to the military to defend the US from North Korea, Terrorists and illegal murderous aliens from Marsico. The US should not be policing the world, but still more money should be spend on it, to defend the homeland, apparently.

And I tried pointing out that this wish to spend more on the military seems to run counter to the overal message of the GOP about spending less, smaller government, fiscal conservatism, and so on. And I was speculating as to why it is that this is still part of the republican programme. My guess it is Eisenhouwer's good ol' grand military industrial complex that took a firm hold of his party and which was obviously in chief command under W.

ahh I see now. I personally do not think that there is a threat as she sees it and I am all for spending less on the military in general though capabilities need to not be lost, in fact the majority of the defense budget should be going to improving capabilities at this point in time if one were to ask me. I do think that the threat is more real to allies though and those alliances should be evaluated especially when they are spending less and counting on the US more.

As to your assertion to the Republican I think you are off base with your assertions on their priorities I do not think there is any unified priorities for the party as a whole and the majority of the party does not seem to want a smaller gvt nor to necessarily spend less they just seem to want to spend it differently with different priorities.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:35 pm

So you dont see Russia building a base in cuba as a threat? I think its wrong... Best solution is to bring the military home you would save a huge amount of money by doing that.. They shoulda brought them home 8 years ago.. Republicans in the government make this a lot worse
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:So you dont see Russia building a base in cuba as a threat? I think its wrong... Best solution is to bring the military home you would save a huge amount of money by doing that.. They shoulda brought them home 8 years ago.. Republicans in the government make this a lot worse

No not really. Granted it is something than needs to have contingency plans in place for but it is no different than putting basses and shields in countries along their border. Sorry I just dont see Russia as a threat any longer not because they could not do something but because they dont have a reason to do so.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him

Return to “News”