Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:So, explain the Commerce Clause.
Yes to regulate commerce with foreign nations and between states has nothing to do with things like bailing out companies or to even regulate business within a state.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
User avatar
TreatRothschild
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 pm
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius
Location: NJ

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Mat wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:So, explain the Commerce Clause.
Yes to regulate commerce with foreign nations and between states has nothing to do with things like bailing out companies or to even regulate business within a state.
If the commerce within a state crosses state boundaries...viola. No? It's a matter of degrees.

Bailing companies out? Depends on the company, how big it is and how badly it will effect the rest of the economy. JP Morgan Chase? Yeah, you need to bail it out. You should probably break them up too.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:
Mat wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:So, explain the Commerce Clause.
Yes to regulate commerce with foreign nations and between states has nothing to do with things like bailing out companies or to even regulate business within a state.
If the commerce within a state crosses state boundaries...viola. No? It's a matter of degrees.

Bailing companies out? Depends on the company, how big it is and how badly it will effect the rest of the economy. JP Morgan Chase? Yeah, you need to bail it out. You should probably break them up too.

nope nope and nope no need to bail it out let it fail the economy may go down but it will recover.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
User avatar
TreatRothschild
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 pm
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius
Location: NJ

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 pm

I think you're wrong and there are other windmills to tilt at like Jenny's assertion that we need a larger military. Still trying to figure that one out.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:09 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:I think you're wrong and there are other windmills to tilt at like Jenny's assertion that we need a larger military. Still trying to figure that one out.

and I think you are wrong keep the hand of gvt off of business. I do not agree with her but if one was of the mind that the military should be used offensively there is argument to use it against Iran and several other civil type wars that could have an interest of the US. I do not like it so no I say bring them home unless directly threatened.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Jenny1919
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 am
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Jenny1919 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:I think you're wrong and there are other windmills to tilt at like Jenny's assertion that we need a larger military. Still trying to figure that one out.


guess you think a nuclear Iran and North Korea is ok... Oh and btw Russia is building some new bases in cuba... Guess you dont mind that as well.. And dont forget about China they have the probably the largest Ground force building new Stealh boats and planes.. While our aircraft are all deterorating.. Our best fighter is least 20 years old.. The new F22 is broken at best.. Larger doesnt necessarily mean the number of actual people...But if you think we can fight the next upcoming World war 3 on a skeleton crew then more power to you
User avatar
Festus
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 am
SL Name: Festus

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Festus » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:I think you're wrong and there are other windmills to tilt at like Jenny's assertion that we need a larger military. Still trying to figure that one out.


guess you think a nuclear Iran and North Korea is ok... Oh and btw Russia is building some new bases in cuba... Guess you dont mind that as well.. And dont forget about China they have the probably the largest Ground force building new Stealh boats and planes.. While our aircraft are all deterorating.. Our best fighter is least 20 years old.. The new F22 is broken at best.. Larger doesnt necessarily mean the number of actual people...But if you think we can fight the next upcoming World war 3 on a skeleton crew then more power to you


You don't seem to have any clue about government spending, the economy of the US, and the deficit. Where does all the money come from for this huge military spending? Do you know how big a percentage of the federal budget is earmarked for defense? You contradict yourself.
Resolver Bouchard
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 am

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Strictly speaking a large military goes against the vision of the founding fathers, militia or national guard are ok but the armed forces not really (although the national guard seems to be pretty much the same as the regular armed forces in terms of deployment overseas now).
User avatar
Glaucon
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Glaucon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Mat wrote:keynesian is questionable at best depending on what expert you talk to.


No. Well, maybe they have some pundit-experts for hire over at Fox that are willing to say this, like those men in white coats they used to have around proving that smoking wasn't bad for you. But the basic Keynesian mechanic I mentioned is not at all controversial among at least moderately serious economists. Sure, some may disagree with some of Keynes' his views (or some may be out of date, now) and there is serious opposition to the keynesian school of thought that tends to advice governments to spend more rather than less in times of an ecomomic down-turn (I, myself, am not convinced that is THE sollution, for most countries right now), but the basic mechanics aren't controversial, just as no one seriously denies that if you keep printing loads of money, fast, there is a serious risk of inflation. Anyone who grasps the basic causal relations behind these things can SEE it, like you can see how some mathematica equations work. It isn't rocket science.

But trust USA politics to make the obvious political and oppose it with 'another opinion' so that the less educated will think the truth will be somewhere in the middle, effectively rendering sollid arguments useless, turning it all into some post-modernist 'aye-nay' screaming fest, where reason, evidence and truth become bystanders.
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Glaucon wrote:But trust USA politics to make the obvious political and oppose it with 'another opinion' so that the less educated will think the truth will be somewhere in the middle, effectively rendering sollid arguments useless, turning it all into some post-modernist 'aye-nay' screaming fest, where reason, evidence and truth become bystanders.

Truth is relative to perspective in all things except the most pure mathematics.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron